Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Map of all nuclear explosions from 1945-1998

Merc14

The short article is about how nuclear explosions effect GPS signals but at the bottom is an animated map of all the nuclear explosions in the world from 1945-1998. Very simple animation but somehow I was riveted for the whole 14+ minutes. 1945 is chilling to say the least.

http://www.extremete...nuclear-testing

Edited by Merc14

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Merc14

• pallidin

• Euphorbia

• Ashotep

Popular Days

The short article is about how nuclear explosions effect GPS signals but at the bottom is an animated map of all the nuclear explosions in the world from 1945-1998. Very simple animation but somehow I was riveted for the whole 14+ minutes. 1945 is chilling to say the least.

http://www.extremete...nuclear-testing

It was an eye opening video. The video was posted a while back though.

http://www.unexplain...opic=234506&hl=

In 1945 with the war just ending and the arms race with the Soviets just starting were precarious times. They were doing what they felt they had to in order to insure the survival of our country. I don't blame them for what they were doing then. I don't think at that time they realized the full scope of what they were doing and how long it would last.

Have to wonder if people in those areas get cancer at higher rates than the rest of the country.

Jeeze, no wonder our Earth is tilted. :passifier:

Didn't watch the video (dial up).

Was 'Tsar Bomba' mentioned? 1961, a 50 megaton device. I saw a graph a few days ago and Hiroshima, 13 kilotons?, was about 1/2 an inch on your screen. 'Tsar Bomba' filled most of the rest of the graph, and the screen.

In 1945 with the war just ending and the arms race with the Soviets just starting were precarious times. They were doing what they felt they had to in order to insure the survival of our country. I don't blame them for what they were doing then. I don't think at that time they realized the full scope of what they were doing and how long it would last.

I agree.Amazing that it still effecting the ionosphere after two decades.

Didn't watch the video (dial up).

Was 'Tsar Bomba' mentioned? 1961, a 50 megaton device. I saw a graph a few days ago and Hiroshima, 13 kilotons?, was about 1/2 an inch on your screen. 'Tsar Bomba' filled most of the rest of the graph, and the screen.

They didn't specify the Tsar bob but I am sure it was in there. FOr a decade or so in there the video was strobing there was so many detonations.

Over 3K worth of tests have been done since the first nuclear bomb that has dropped. This shows the world can withstand a nuclear war, but the radiation would be too widespread compared to isolated nuclear bombs. The types of nuclear bombs that are used is limited lasted effects, so after 50 or so years, it would be safe enough to live on the surface again without dying a sudden death. There would be more cancer compared to today though...

Over 3K worth of tests have been done since the first nuclear bomb that has dropped. This shows the world can withstand a nuclear war, but the radiation would be too widespread compared to isolated nuclear bombs. The types of nuclear bombs that are used is limited lasted effects, so after 50 or so years, it would be safe enough to live on the surface again without dying a sudden death. There would be more cancer compared to today though...

Remember the vast majority were deep underground. That many nuke used strategically over cities in the air would have poisoned the world