Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lightsabre classes for Star Wars fans

lightsabre jedis star wars luke skywalker classes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

You would be much better off just learning a proper martial art... The training is much tougher (better exercise), you lean proper balanced fighting techniques, you spar against people for real and they are practicle as a self defence.

Edited by Finity, 02 March 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#17    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,852 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostFinity, on 02 March 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

You would be much better off just learning a proper martial art... The training is much tougher (better exercise), you lean proper balanced fighting techniques, you spar against people for real and they are practicle as a self defence.
People who want to use a lightsaber aren't doing it to learn self defence. They just want to look the part of a Jedi. Stage choreography achieves that look.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Considering anyone in the movies who used one,studied kendo and fencing to prep for the fights ,its rather idiotic ,to just not study classical  sword fighting ,and use a prop lightsaber instead of a samurai sword or epee .DDDUUUHHHHHH !

Miss me?

#19    uuner

uuner

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Oh wow.... that's just silly... I mean I get jedi'ism as a philosophy to live by (jedi code and all that), it's much like buddhism if I've figured it right.

If you wanna learn swordplay, then start kung fu/wushu, much of the lightsaber fights in the movies (new ones) looks a lot like jian- (straightsword) or dao- (broadsword) forms. More traditional schools even include internal practises such as qigong, taiji and meditation (which is as close as you'll get to "use the force Luke")

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say
I tried to hold on as you slowly slipped away.
I'm losing the fight.
I treated you so wrong now let me make it right.
-Avenged Sevenfold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users