Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Would you leave Earth or stay?

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:44 AM

I'd have to be in the situation to answer. Could I leave my loved ones behind? I really do not think so, despite the incredible opportunity.

Edited by psyche101, 23 July 2010 - 03:45 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 July 2010 - 03:44 AM, said:

I'd have to be in the situation to answer. Could I leave my loved ones behind? I really do not think so, despite the incredible opportunity.

You are a very lucky guy   :tu:  I would say good bye and be off with tears in my eye but I have no kids or a wife to leave behind. Not that it bothers me I have been married twice  :P

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 July 2010 - 03:52 AM, said:

You are a very lucky guy   :tu:  I would say good bye and be off with tears in my eye but I have no kids or a wife to leave behind. Not that it bothers me I have been married twice  :P

Thank you mate.
I do not think I would even go and take the kids if I could. When they hit maturity - well son, looks like you wife is going to be your sister.

They fight enough now!!

But they might hold it against me later.

Especially if it is this aliens that transform into Pamela Anderson's. (ever read about that one?)

Decisions, decisions!

Edited by psyche101, 23 July 2010 - 04:13 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 July 2010 - 04:12 AM, said:

Thank you mate.
I do not think I would even go and take the kids if I could. When they hit maturity - well son, looks like you wife is going to be your sister.

They fight enough now!!

But they might hold it against me later.

Especially if it is this aliens that transform into Pamela Anderson's. (ever read about that one?)

Decisions, decisions!

However an advanced race that came here that was of a friendly and of a kind nature would have to take you and yours and there future needs into consideration. I have to look at this if it did happen they would be more then willing to make us very comfortable, if not then yikes.

i don't think I have ever really contemplated this since I was a kid but the wow factor would be......... damn I don't know. I would do what Richard Drifuse did in third encounters.

#50    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,392 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:27 AM

By the time some of you lot made up your minds, the ship would have left without you.

#51    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,722 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:30 AM

I haven't finished exploring this planet yet!!!

#52    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:53 AM

Well lets put a twist on it, say we are the aliens

Now it is my OWN belief that I on my own free will chose to come here to earth via entering out of the womb
Before arriving at earth, I conciously chose to be earth bound for x time
Now many of us on our journeys here on earth wish to go back one time or another 'homesick' some even commit sucicide, others stay here and learn as much as possible
After we die, some believe/do come back..and others wish to remain 'back home'

SO...it depends on each individual, at least that's how I see it, just a thought thou

#53    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

View PostEldorado, on 23 July 2010 - 04:27 AM, said:

By the time some of you lot made up your minds, the ship would have left without you.

I for one would volunteer to go to Mars on a one way trip.

#54    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

View PostMichelle, on 23 July 2010 - 04:30 AM, said:

I haven't finished exploring this planet yet!!!

You never will as a monetary system prevents most of use from doing so. An alien cruise would be a completely different story imo. Party on ALF

#55    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:59 AM

I voted right.. you all gonna leave and I will have the earth for myself :D

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#56    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:10 AM

View Postpuridalan, on 23 July 2010 - 04:53 AM, said:

Well lets put a twist on it, say we are the aliens

Untwisting the twist  (yeh yeh) if we are spirits, we can't be alien.  Alien to what?  Spirits have no material bound therefore they can't be aliens.  When on choose planet Gaea to come to a material form, one choose to be earthling and all else is alien.  Once the body is gone, the spirit is free again and all differences (what makes one alien) are gone.

Edited by Paracelse, 23 July 2010 - 05:10 AM.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#57    realmcutter

realmcutter

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

i'd go just because it'd be more interesting, and i could be more useful. (and cause they can give me superpowers)

Edited by realmcutter, 23 July 2010 - 05:12 AM.

#58    Sarka

Sarka

The Hive Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

• The enemy's gate is down.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

I voted no. I would trust an alien as much as I would trust a random stranger in a white van.

Not to say it wouldn't be enlightening, but I'll wait and hear about when you all come back. :P

Edited by Sarka, 23 July 2010 - 05:42 AM.

"Fairness is a wonderful attribute, Major Anderson. It has nothing to do with war."

#59    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 July 2010 - 04:23 AM, said:

However an advanced race that came here that was of a friendly and of a kind nature would have to take you and yours and there future needs into consideration. I have to look at this if it did happen they would be more then willing to make us very comfortable, if not then yikes.

i don't think I have ever really contemplated this since I was a kid but the wow factor would be......... damn I don't know. I would do what Richard Drifuse did in third encounters.

Hmmm, my needs.

1 Team completely devoted supermodels that think I am the best thing since sliced bread.
1 team master chefs.
My own sports model saucer.
Elevated position on the new planet - something godlike would be OK.
No eating me and my kind at the new planet.

Hell, scrap that. No 1 will do.

#60    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:37 AM

View Postrealmcutter, on 23 July 2010 - 05:12 AM, said:

i'd go just because it'd be more interesting, and i could be more useful. (and cause they can give me superpowers)

Hey hey, nobody mentioned super powers before, Im there!

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 July 2010 - 04:54 AM, said:

I for one would volunteer to go to Mars on a one way trip.

And do what the space chimps did. Rehash the Rover and fly it home :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users