Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you deserve to exist? Why or Why not?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,904 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Just a passing thought, there seems to be this concept that we have a basic right to live..that we somehow deserve to live so I am just curious as to what you think.

Do you deserve to exist? Why or why not?

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yup, because I'm pretty darn unique.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Do you need to deserve it?

#4    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,904 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostRender, on 02 October 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Do you need to deserve it?

Who? Me? Of course not.

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,425 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Wow.  Really.  This is just an unaswerable question.  You exist regardless of if you deserve it or not so to some extent you don't have a choice.  You do have a choice of existing or not after the fact so if you really believe you don't deserve to exist shouldn't you take the moral high ground, do the right thing and end it?

disclaimer:  I'm not telling anyone to kill themselves so don't do it.  If you're considering it find help.  I believe we're here because we're supposed to be.

#6    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,904 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostOverSword, on 02 October 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

disclaimer:  I'm not telling anyone to kill themselves so don't do it.

Really? Sounded to me like you just did in a roundabout way. :devil:  (kidding)

But in seriousness I ask because I have been reading quite a few articles and most of them claim how we have this right to exist, how we "deserve" to live and I just would like to know why or why not.

#7    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostRyu, on 02 October 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Who? Me? Of course not.

In general. Why would anybody have to be deserving of life. Why couldn't you just be alive and that's it, no right to be alive and also no reason not be alive.

And who would decide what is the premise of deserving life? Do you need to become a well respected citizen in your lifetime? Can you be a smooth criminal?

I don't think it's about having a right to be alive, it's about having rights once you are alive.

#8    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Exactly unanswerable. My parents act of fornication caused me to exist. I didn't ask them to fornicate nor did they ask me. They had me. This topic at least in the context as is, is rather hopless to contribute much of an answer to I feel.

SINcerely,
:devil:

EDIT: This notion of a "right" or to be "deserving" of anything is solely man's own ego.

Edited by Dying Seraph, 02 October 2012 - 09:42 PM.

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#9    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,904 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostRender, on 02 October 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

In general. Why would anybody have to be deserving of life. Why couldn't you just be alive and that's it, no right to be alive and also no reason not be alive.

And who would decide what is the premise of deserving life? Do you need to become a well respected citizen in your lifetime? Can you be a smooth criminal?

I don't think it's about having a right to be alive, it's about having rights once you are alive.

Don't read too much into my passive post. I am not insinuating anything and if you thought I was then it was not my intentions.
But you do raise an interesting point regarding the "deserve/right to exist" thing...who is making that judgement?
How do we determine this so-called "right"?

#10    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostRyu, on 02 October 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Don't read too much into my passive post. I am not insinuating anything and if you thought I was then it was not my intentions.
But you do raise an interesting point regarding the "deserve/right to exist" thing...who is making that judgement?
How do we determine this so-called "right"?

I didn't think you were insinuating anything, no worries.
Im just saying there is no real right to existence, it just happens. There is no guiding -overseeing- force over it. Therefore there is no true deserving of life, life just is.

#11    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 02 October 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Exactly unanswerable. My parents act of fornication caused me to exist. I didn't ask them to fornicate nor did they ask me. They had me. This topic at least in the context as is, is rather hopless to contribute much of an answer to I feel.

SINcerely,
:devil:

EDIT: This notion of a "right" or to be "deserving" of anything is solely man's own ego.

Yeah I agree I mean who is to say we have a right to exist, and the way we kill off animals is just insanely sick

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#12    Emin

Emin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Well if we exist that pretty much explains itself, lol. Self solved.

I am an Emin of truth!

#13    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,069 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

No we do not.  That we exist at all is a because of a very long list of fortunate events.  That doesn't mean we don't deserve it though, the universe doesn't "care" if we exist.

#14    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

yes i deserve every single day that i wake up still chained to this awful physical body. it's my own fault really...karma and all that.
;)

#15    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostRyu, on 02 October 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Just a passing thought, there seems to be this concept that we have a basic right to live..that we somehow deserve to live so I am just curious as to what you think.

Do you deserve to exist? Why or why not?

If everyone deserves to live, then why do nations like the U.S. continue with their death penalty crimes?  Condemning someone to die can be easily translated into that they don’t deserve to live.  I don’t think that existing without conscious willingness to be alive is a matter of deserving or not.  We are and there is nothing more to it.  Nor do I think life is so precious.  Who then rises to the position of such great power as to deem a person unworthy of life?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users