Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most absolutely horrifying thing ever!

_Zombie_

what do you think the most absolutely scary cryptid/whatever you feel like posting is? why do you think it's scary? also, what's your favorite ice cream?

Forgive me for lack of capitals, but i cut a tendon in my thumb and shift is hard to use. well, i think the scariest cryptid ever is probably the freakin' mothman. although it seems completely fabricated, it still chills me to think of driving on a dark night and seeing that grey thing with those piercing bike reflector eyes. gives me the freakin' heebie jeebies. and my favorite ice cream? ben and jerrys phish food. now it's your turn u-m. scare me. also, make me think of delicious creamy frozen confectionary treats

• Like 1

Giant Spiders. I've got severe arachnophobia, so gargantuan versions of those hairy, eight-legged little monstrosities doesn't sit well with me.

As for ice cream.... I dunno. Probably cotton candy-flavored or something.

actually, i would have said zombies now that i think about it, but i want that to happen.. so i don't know..

• Like 1

It depends on the situation though, so I'm going to preface it with:

"You're walking alone in the winter, about a mile from home, it's dark with only a dim fingernail moon, and you're cutting through the darkened woods on your way back from visiting a friend in a nearly abandoned part of town, about half a mile back, to your house; the immediate area is also a bit in need of some maintenance on the grass and vegetation and limbs and leaves. There is a sound before you and slowly you catch partial sight of a silhouette of..."

Mothman's pretty high up there I think. If you consider "Grays" cryptids, I go with those tops though. I think Chupacabra would be pretty dadgum scary.

I think the weirdest and scariest would be something I read about in a report from the 70s - this "thing" came out of the woods to where a group of like 5 guys were out hunting and camping - it frightened them so bad they dropped everything, piled in the truck and floored it, but the thing chased them and kept up with their truck. Eventually the driver's adrenaline turned from flight to fight, and he stopped the truck and they all got out and attacked the creature. It fought them off and almost grabbed a couple of them, and seemed none the worse for wear, so, terrified again, they got back in the truck and finally outran it and brought the police back. The creature? What could most closely be described as a giant, walking octopus.

Make mine peanut butter please.

...whoa. octopi are freaky enough in the water, dude. having one haul out and chase you around would freak out even chuck norris.. thanks for being so descriptive in yours, and i didn't even know peanut butter ice cream existed! oh, and anything is cool. it can be gray aliens blue aliens cryptids, a piece of cheese you once found under the fridge.. just whatever scares you.

Edited by _Zombie_

Wow, I think you could make that octopus chasing after a truck very funny if you added the Benny Hill Music to it.

First the men run from the octopus, then they attack it, then it runs after them again! lol

• Like 2

Wow, I think you could make that octopus chasing after a truck very funny if you added the Benny Hill Music to it.

First the men run from the octopus, then they attack it, then it runs after them again! lol

And of course, during the chase, the octopuss accidentally rips the dress off of some lady standing at a bus stop who happens to be wearing leingerie and garters. Then the octopuss patts the bald guy on the head making a smacking sound with its suction cups.

Now, I am going to have that song stuck in my head all day.

• Like 2

As for the most horrifying thing, I would have to say shadow people. I've been told stories about these things that absolutely make your hair stand on end. The most memorable one being from a supposedly leading expert in the field. She was asleep in her bed, which the beds headboard was up against a wall. She awoke one morning to find a shadow person, half in, half out of the wall, leaning over her, and it's "face" was only a couple of inches from hers.

If something like that happened to me, I would absolutely lose all control of bodily functions.

• Like 1

667: You wouldn't be able to. Those kinds of things are called hypnagogic hallucinations and during them, the brain believes it's still asleep and doesn't allow any real control of body muscles - to tense or relax them - because it doesn't want you doing what you're doing in the dreams and hurting yourself.

Just so you know. >_>

The freakiest, weirdest cryptid? I'd have to say the Chupacabra. Not Chuppies, the actual creature described in the legend. Though it's a close race between the Chupacabra and the Lizardman. A lot of people don't know it but the first report of the Lizardman was a very violent one involving an attempt on human life, and a mangled car - one side-view mirror was torn off, and there were deep gouges in the metal of the door and the roof where it tried to gain entry.

Really though, there are horror stories about every cryptid. Even everyone's pet Biggy-F has some pretty frightening stories about it. Since they all seem to have inspired some level of fear, you could really just take your pick at random if you wanted.

Holy moly! This is some scary stuff.

A walking land octopus? WHAT? That's mental. I believe it.

Are any of these stories on the net? Google is not yielding much.

What is a Gray?

If I was faced with a bear i'd probably be so scared i'd give up. Just let it kill me. That'd be less scary than being chased by one of the things.

Mm...

Slenderman is quite terrifying.

I'm not one for ice-cream. Vanilla.

I think the weirdest and scariest would be something I read about in a report from the 70s - this "thing" came out of the woods to where a group of like 5 guys were out hunting and camping - it frightened them so bad they dropped everything, piled in the truck and floored it, but the thing chased them and kept up with their truck. Eventually the driver's adrenaline turned from flight to fight, and he stopped the truck and they all got out and attacked the creature. It fought them off and almost grabbed a couple of them, and seemed none the worse for wear, so, terrified again, they got back in the truck and finally outran it and brought the police back. The creature? What could most closely be described as a giant, walking octopus.

Make mine peanut butter please.

In The Future Is Wild, they showed how evolution might run after Man left Earth or became extince and far in the future suids dominate the land. One of them was a Giant Walking Squid bigger than an elephant. It wandered woods where the trees were filled with arboreal squids swinging from the brances.

Cthulhu wins eventually.

actually, i would have said zombies now that i think about it, but i want that to happen.. so i don't know..

Lets kick this up a notch. My ex-wife comming back as a zombie and chasing me, yikes LOL In my profile I have all my zombie stuff at the ready LOL

667: You wouldn't be able to. Those kinds of things are called hypnagogic hallucinations and during them, the brain believes it's still asleep and doesn't allow any real control of body muscles - to tense or relax them - because it doesn't want you doing what you're doing in the dreams and hurting yourself.

Just so you know. >_>

Actually, this report came from a woman who saw these things her entire life, while awake, during the day or night, in many different places. So, no, it is not hypnagogic hallucinations. As to he mental condition or whether or not these things are real is another subject. And when people say they would soil themselves under certain conditions, they do not literally mean that they would actually soil themselves. It is simply an expression. But, thanks for the unneeded correction and info.

• Like 1

Actually, this report came from a woman who saw these things her entire life, while awake, during the day or night, in many different places. So, no, it is not hypnagogic hallucinations. As to he mental condition or whether or not these things are real is another subject. And when people say they would soil themselves under certain conditions, they do not literally mean that they would actually soil themselves. It is simply an expression. But, thanks for the unneeded correction and info.

That's fine, I know Shadow People people. It's supposedly a spiritual thing and I'm not going there I know better than to get into a 'discussion' on the reality/existence of spiritual things.

But she said she saw this one half on/half off the wall immediately after awakening. This makes it sound to me like this isn't a behavior she sees as typical for them, or something she'd never seen before, since it deserved special mention. She also specifies it happened immediately on waking up. Something she'd never seen before, immediately on waking up? To me it says that instance was a waking hallucination. I'm not saying she's seeing things - I don't get into those kinds of discussions. I mean that single instance as described.

Just so you know. >_>

The freakiest, weirdest cryptid? I'd have to say the Chupacabra. Not Chuppies, the actual creature described in the legend. Though it's a close race between the Chupacabra and the Lizardman. A lot of people don't know it but the first report of the Lizardman was a very violent one involving an attempt on human life, and a mangled car - one side-view mirror was torn off, and there were deep gouges in the metal of the door and the roof where it tried to gain entry.

Really though, there are horror stories about every cryptid. Even everyone's pet Biggy-F has some pretty frightening stories about it. Since they all seem to have inspired some level of fear, you could really just take your pick at random if you wanted.

Now that you compare the two....

Chupacabra's original reported form and Lizardmen look rather... similar.

lizardman21.jpg?t=1259866193

The typical Lizardman description

56024_franchise_icon0030.jpg?t=1259866194

The original Chupacabra description

See the similarities? :blink:

Now that you compare the two....

Chupacabra's original reported form and Lizardmen look rather... similar.

lizardman21.jpg?t=1259866193

The typical Lizardman description

56024_franchise_icon0030.jpg?t=1259866194

The original Chupacabra description

See the similarities? :blink:

Yes, and if there is a connection, the only real difference in descriptions is the size, so could possibly be genetically related.

That's fine, I know Shadow People people. It's supposedly a spiritual thing and I'm not going there I know better than to get into a 'discussion' on the reality/existence of spiritual things.

But she said she saw this one half on/half off the wall immediately after awakening. This makes it sound to me like this isn't a behavior she sees as typical for them, or something she'd never seen before, since it deserved special mention. She also specifies it happened immediately on waking up. Something she'd never seen before, immediately on waking up? To me it says that instance was a waking hallucination. I'm not saying she's seeing things - I don't get into those kinds of discussions. I mean that single instance as described.

Not the behavior that warranted special attention. If you know shadow people, reports of them moving through walls is a common ocurrance. So, her having seen them her whole life, and seeing one hanging half in and half out of a wall, is not what the point was. The point was opening your eyes and seeing one of these things hovering in front of your face is what I would consider horrifying. I didn't post this to open a debate on what the circumstances were in which this woman claimed to have seen this. Just answering the OP's question as to what I would consider to fit this topic.

Oh, and since I forgot the first time, Mint chocolate chip!!!

Yes, and if there is a connection, the only real difference in descriptions is the size, so could possibly be genetically related.

I've been researching our lizard/amphibian friend there; so I'll run some numbers and see if sightings correlate with chupacabra sightings; similarities in descriptions or attacks, etc. Maybe the El Chuppie is a special breed of Lizardman that evolved to live in the desert or some such tomfoolery.

I've been researching our lizard/amphibian friend there; so I'll run some numbers and see if sightings correlate with chupacabra sightings; similarities in descriptions or attacks, etc. Maybe the El Chuppie is a special breed of Lizardman that evolved to live in the desert or some such tomfoolery.

Or, perhaps even offspring. Perhaps since they are not developed enough to hunt and eat prey like the adults, they capture easy prey and suck the blood. Kind of like nursing for lizards.

what do you think the most absolutely scary cryptid/whatever you feel like posting is? why do you think it's scary? also, what's your favorite ice cream?

1) Grays (if you will count them)

2) Those big hollow eyes going around peeping in windows. Like I need another

reason to be afraid of windows.

3) Banana. It's next to impossible to find though.

As for the most horrifying thing, I would have to say shadow people. I've been told stories about these things that absolutely make your hair stand on end. The most memorable one being from a supposedly leading expert in the field. She was asleep in her bed, which the beds headboard was up against a wall. She awoke one morning to find a shadow person, half in, half out of the wall, leaning over her, and it's "face" was only a couple of inches from hers.

If something like that happened to me, I would absolutely lose all control of bodily functions.

I had something similar happen. I was in bed and saw a figure leaning over it. My leg jerked up and what it hit was solid. When I looked again there was nothing there. I didn't lose control of my bodily functions, but came close to it. :lol:

Apart from that, the things that scare me the most are snakes. Not all snakes, but pythons: something about the colour of their markings just terrifies me. I've never come across any in real life, but am plagued with reoccurring nightmares about them. If I see a picture of one, or on TV I will scream in shock and feel faint. :(

The best ice cream ever has to be Phish Food. Or Bailey's Haagan Daz.

Forgive me for lack of capitals, but i cut a tendon in my thumb and shift is hard to use. well, i think the scariest cryptid ever is probably the freakin' mothman. although it seems completely fabricated, it still chills me to think of driving on a dark night and seeing that grey thing with those piercing bike reflector eyes. gives me the freakin' heebie jeebies. and my favorite ice cream? ben and jerrys phish food. now it's your turn u-m. scare me. also, make me think of delicious creamy frozen confectionary treats

Hmmm..

1.) Shadow Man/Men (If applicable)

2.) Chupacabra

3.) Mothman (Again not so much because of stories I believe to be totally bunk, but the thought of what it COULD be, red eyes and all..)

It's always about the eyes with me....LOL

As for Ice Cream - Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip.....or Coffee Toffee...;)

#86. here: http://www.ufoinfo.com/humanoid/humanoid1972.shtml covers the land-o-pus. I seem to have exaggerated it a bit, or their summary is lacking.

The shadow person sticking out of the wall reminds me a bit of the Gray aliens, as they supposedly can phase (or phase other people) through walls and such, which is how they get them out of their houses, through the roofs, whatever - to be honest, it seems like shadow people are the new incarnation of the Gray, though I don't know why.

O_O;

The scariest thing for me would be any sort of being that hunts humans or feeds on them. Something out of a nightmare, that would be.