Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soap making

Sporkling

Actually, I wish to take up soap making. However, I am afraid that there are too much acids involved. Does anyone have any recipe that uses as little of that as possible? Cause I like have the patterns in mind already. I just need the recipe.

Thanks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sporkling

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• MissMelsWell

• Lilith Immaculate

Actually, I wish to take up soap making. However, I am afraid that there are too much acids involved. Does anyone have any recipe that uses as little of that as possible? Cause I like have the patterns in mind already. I just need the recipe.

Thanks

they used to make it from sents and pig fat

i have a thing of goat milk soap at home...it smells good

lol and im sure this helps the topic a lot.... ive never heard of acid to make soap with, im sure you can find something on the net thats as natural as possible.

lol and im sure this helps the topic a lot.... ive never heard of acid to make soap with, im sure you can find something on the net thats as natural as possible.

mmm smelly smelly :rofl:

Most regular soap has lye in it... it is dangrous to make. BUT, Glycerine soaps don't have any caustic chemicals in them and I understand it is easy to make. I think you just buy the glycerine at any craft store, melt it, and add your scents and dyes. Pretty simple.

I have made soap before I bought a block of glycerine at a craft store melt it down and add fragrance oil etc. Its pretty easy its best to get a book on soap making but if your thinking about making soap from scratch (see book) then it gets more involved. The more you make the easier it gets and you can add other soaps to make the colorful etc. Try it its fun.....oh yea with the glycerine it make up a good soapy lather :yes:

I only warn against making real lye based soap because I had a friend that seriously burned her hand making lye soap. Burned to the point where she requried some fairly extensive plastic surgery to fix it. Stick with the glycerine for decorative and smelly delcious soap. Glycerine is good for your skin anyway... smoove. The lye kind is for serious cleaning. Buy that at the store only. But that's just my humble opinion.

go with the goat milk soap- my stepmother used to make it from scratch, she had fun :rofl:

Goat milk? May I have the recipe please? Though I hope it does not use lye too much.

Edited by Sporkling

rent fight club...human flesh is best!lol

Yeah, I was just thinking that all that talk of lye made my thoughts jump to that.

I've bought DIY kits which seem to work, especially if you have your own patterns.

• 6 years later...

Do you have a kindle or a MobiPocket (or is it PocketMobi ?) acount ? If you do there's at least 10 soap reciepts books for free

Otherwise drop me a note I've about 50 books on soap