Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I losing my mind?

jsheffield1986

First, I feel totally insane posting this, but I'm at a loss here. Before anyone even asks, I DO have a history of mental health issues, but nothing more then anxiety. Ok so here goes. I do believe in God and I do believe in the Devil. I don't think you can believe in one without believing in the other. A few months ago, after I said my normal evening prayers I started doing a type of prayer telling the devil basically get the heck out. you don't belong here, God does. This is God's house and these are God's people and you're unwelcome here. Juuuust in case any sign of him was ever lurking in any corners. A few nights ago I started to have nightmares. I haven't had a nightmare since I was a child. I'm now 26. It was a very vivid dream where I could actually smell and feel the touches in my dream. I can't remember all of it except the general idea and the ending. Everywhere my family and I went we would see these demon type creatures that followed certain people. Eventually I got sick and tired of them scaring my kids and basically just lost my temper. We were in a maze type place when I saw my oldest son (who's 4) come screaming up to me running from something. I saw some human like figure running after him on all fours. I took off in it's direction and it started running away from me, but I kept chasing it and my son, kept chasing me screaming for me to stop. My son went around a hedge and the creature ran over (it was VERY fast) and grabbed my son by his leg dragging him. He ran towards some watery, muddy looking marsh with him. I could see my son grabbing at grass and things trying to hold on and this creature pulled my son down inside the water of the marsh. I woke up.....that started it....after that I've been unable to close my eyes and when I do I'm unable to open them. I have this feeling someone is always watching us. I see things that aren't there...or at least I think they aren't. Like last night I walked into my bathroom to find it totally steamed up like someone had been running hot water for a while, but within a minute it was gone without a trace. I have a 6 month old baby boy who I keep seeing his eyes go totally white....Every time I close my eyes at night I see terrifying images. All of my sons wake up throughout the night screaming for no reason. I sometimes find them sleeping on the floor in the hallway. I've also had things come up missing...small things like my gym shoes.....no reason and can't find them ANYWHERE....is someone pulling pranks on me.... I should also add that I have had hallucinations for the past year or so. It's ALWAYS people and I ALWAYS know it's not real....just since that night they have become frightening and real. I probably sound like a nut case. I'm wondering though if praying that prayer to keep the Devil and Evil from my family and out of my house opened my family up to Evil and brought attention on us. There is one other thing too that's been strange....and maybe tmi...and I apologize....but every time my husband touches me now I start bleeding and by morning it's totally gone....what is going on....is this all in my head? Setting me uo for a haunting? Possession? Just toying with me and my children?

You don't sound mentally compromised yet, but you can certainly make yourself that way.

Yes. You made a mistake by focusing on evil during your prayers. I would stop that I Imeadiatly and only have thanksgiving in your prayers and focused on positive issues at that.

Children are wonderful little empathic creatures. You don't realize it, but your mental states rub off on them. Fix yourself and their issues will dry up. I have three myself, the things you are experiencing with them are not uncommon. If they are sensitive like you, night terrors and sleep issues can be the culprit.

Take a deep breath and learn how to focus on positive things. If there is a God/Devil duality, then it is best to just live your life in God and let God worry and deal with the devil and that will leave you worry and deal with your kids.

If your feelings continue, you should consider talking to a councilor about them.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2

I know that anxiety disorder such as OCD for instance can bring obessions and tireless indesirable trains of thoughts. Is it possible that you focus to much on that negative aspect (evil) and that you are very anxious if not paranoid about it? Paranoia and overanxiety can lead to hallucinations and so on to an escalation.

Here is an article about Paranoia which may very well be relevant to your account. I don't know you and cannot be sure of anything and so I cannot tell more than my interpretation of your above message. But I think it is important that you keep a rational mind about it to begin with. It might be necessery to consult a doctor or a psychologist to talk about your issue. I am open minded about paranormal phenomenon, and I think negative entities exist in some fashion but this is often misinterpreted and mostly comes from psychological issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Good luck and take care.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

The devil does attack when spiritual doors are opening but this is only to scare you into not praying. You have powers in God that the devil, or the flesh want to keep you from but press forward in love. Its just a trick, a facade, the devil is powerless. When we are in God there is light and favor no matter the circumstance. Only check yourself and keep on the right path. Love and kindess are powerful weapons against the devil, use them all day long in every situation just to laugh at him.

I know that anxiety disorder such as OCD for instance can bring obessions and tireless indesirable trains of thoughts. Is it possible that you focus to much on that negative aspect (evil) and that you are very anxious if not paranoid about it? Paranoia and overanxiety can lead to hallucinations and so on to an escalation.

Here is an article about Paranoia which may very well be relevant to your account. I don't know you and cannot be sure of anything and so I cannot tell more than my interpretation of your above message. But I think it is important that you keep a rational mind about it to begin with. It might be necessery to consult a doctor or a psychologist to talk about your issue. I am open minded about paranormal phenomenon, and I think negative entities exist in some fashion but this is often misinterpreted and mostly comes from psychological issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Good luck and take care.

what he said