Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Calls From The Dead

Mamooshie

To make a long story short, recently my younger brother (age 27) went missing. He has been missing for a month now and it is very possible he is dead and has not been found. Today, I was trying to call my voicemail using my cell phone and for a short period, whenever I try to call my voicemail it takes about 15 seconds to connect. Well this time, during that connection period, all of a sudden my phone got extremely staticky and crackly. I then heard deep breathing on the line and then a male voice started talking and I swear it was saying my name and then it would start breathing again. It was a very far away voice. After it would say my name and breath then the voice would speak very fast like it was trying to tell me something really important but didn't have time. Then it would all start over and repeat. It did this about three times, making the call last about a minute. Then the line abruptly disconnected. I was in shock for a minute and the decided to try again and this time my voicemail immediatly came on, it was my mother who had left a voicemail. It was a normal call, she never said my name once and was not breathing heavily into the phone. I really feel it was my brother contacting me, trying to tell me where his body is located. I don't know. It was just so strange. When I was younger, my father died and about a year later I had a dream that he had stood in line in heaven for years to be able to use the one telephone in heaven to call me and tell me he was ok. In the dream the line was really staticky and the voice on the line was distant sounding just like the phone call I had today. I have been trying to research all this but I am not finding much info. There is a book called Phone Calls From The Dead but it is expensive so I am going to try to see if my library has a copy. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

To make a long story short, recently my younger brother (age 27) went missing. He has been missing for a month now and it is very possible he is dead and has not been found. Today, I was trying to call my voicemail using my cell phone and for a short period, whenever I try to call my voicemail it takes about 15 seconds to connect. Well this time, during that connection period, all of a sudden my phone got extremely staticky and crackly. I then heard deep breathing on the line and then a male voice started talking and I swear it was saying my name and then it would start breathing again. It was a very far away voice. After it would say my name and breath then the voice would speak very fast like it was trying to tell me something really important but didn't have time. Then it would all start over and repeat. It did this about three times, making the call last about a minute. Then the line abruptly disconnected. I was in shock for a minute and the decided to try again and this time my voicemail immediatly came on, it was my mother who had left a voicemail. It was a normal call, she never said my name once and was not breathing heavily into the phone. I really feel it was my brother contacting me, trying to tell me where his body is located. I don't know. It was just so strange. When I was younger, my father died and about a year later I had a dream that he had stood in line in heaven for years to be able to use the one telephone in heaven to call me and tell me he was ok. In the dream the line was really staticky and the voice on the line was distant sounding just like the phone call I had today. I have been trying to research all this but I am not finding much info. There is a book called Phone Calls From The Dead but it is expensive so I am going to try to see if my library has a copy. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We get this type of threads a lot here on UM. I am sorry for your loss.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

I'm sorry for your loss, but it could have been him. Maybe look into ways to open your mind to him somehow, like meditation or something. If you believe in it, you could contact a psychic (hope I spelled that right) and try to contact him that way.

I wish you luck :)

Condolences :sm

In regards to your experience, I can't offer much. I have heard of similar situations though, but have not looked into to be honest. Perhaps today I will.

I would suggest that in your suffering you wanted to hear from him so badly that you mind did this,

It's incredibly difficult,what you're going through, and our minds do things like this in an attempt to protect itself in times of distress.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, and I sincerely hope you are mistaken and that your brother is alive.

As for the phone call: be certain to write down whatever the voice said as precisely as you can remember it, and date it for future reference, just in case.

...Maybe look into ways to open your mind to him somehow, like meditation or something. If you believe in it, you could contact a psychic (hope I spelled that right) and try to contact him that way.

I agree with the meditation thing, though always be aware that (as SkepticalB pointed out) our minds can do some very strange things when we're going through deep emotional distress. Any information you get through metaphysical means has to be recorded accurately and then checked out as carefully and thoroughly as possible. Get a friend to help you do that who's not so emotionally involved with the situation.

As for contacting a psychic...you can try that, but under NO circumstances should you pay any money for it. The possibility of being taken advantage of is too great, and your judgement is not at its best right now. Only consult with someone who will do it for free; tape-record them to provide an accurate record of what they say (and be suspicious of someone who won't let you do that); and be certain to take someone with you who is less emotionally involved to be a more objective observer. And apply the same standards to any information you get as I mentioned earlier: check it out as carefully and thoroughly as possible.

You have my deepest sympathy. Take care.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be abrupt but, you said "very possibly dead". Is that not a police matter?

Would you not consider instead he is alive and trying to contact you? You said the "line abruptly disconnected" like a real call.

I'm not sure why after only a month you are interested in Phone Calls from the Dead and our input about such things.

He is 27, not a missing child.

Sorry, it just sounds odd to me. But we are all different.

Good luck on your search, hope it ends differently than you seem to think it will.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Sorry to be abrupt but, you said "very possibly dead". Is that not a police matter?

Would you not consider instead he is alive and trying to contact you? You said the "line abruptly disconnected" like a real call.

I'm not sure why after only a month you are interested in Phone Calls from the Dead and our input about such things.

He is 27, not a missing child.

Sorry, it just sounds odd to me. But we are all different.

Good luck on your search, hope it ends differently than you seem to think it will.

I am sure if it was one of your relatives who was missing you would be more sensitive to how he feels. It is not only children but adults who disapear and have met with foul play or had died and are discovered years later. Maybe he met another Jeffrey Dahmer type of character....who knows. Maybe he just wanted some input from a paranormal site about such possibilities. I thought that is what this site was about. His brother may be an adult but he is also someones child whose parents are most likely worried and upset. Your comment seems a bit harsh and callous. Put yourself in his shoes. Or would you not care if someone important in your life disapeared?

I have heard of such things. It is not always wishful thinking but actual calls. I think since this site is called Unexplained Mysteries it should be the perfect site to ask for or seek information. Did the voice sound familiar?Someone out there knows something so don't give up. Find out everything you can about his friends and anyone he might have met, also where he spent his time etc. I am sure the police have been involved but unless he was involved in unseemly things they would just take the wait and see attitude. Just don't give up. Don't assume the worst until you have all the facts. The call might have been a call for help from his end.

I am sure if it was one of your relatives who was missing you would be more sensitive to how he feels. It is not only children but adults who disapear and have met with foul play or had died and are discovered years later. Maybe he met another Jeffrey Dahmer type of character....who knows. Maybe he just wanted some input from a paranormal site about such possibilities. I thought that is what this site was about. His brother may be an adult but he is also someones child whose parents are most likely worried and upset. Your comment seems a bit harsh and callous. Put yourself in his shoes. Or would you not care if someone important in your life disapeared?

I said we are each different. Yes, he could have met with foul play, but the OP still struck me as odd and insensitive. Whether you agree or not.

We are given such little info about the background of his disappearance- police involvement, past history of her brother, his mental state, what was happening in his life when he disappeared? Did they contact a psychic who told them he was dead and they believed the psychic? Why is she considering a 27-year-old gone for 1 month dead? I can only guess and make comments based on my opinion of the very little information given in the OP.

Probably because I don't believe any calls on the phone are ever from the dead. So I would approach a relative's disappearance differently and think he was alive and phoning me.

Maybe he returned, since the OP was posted a while ago.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

To make a long story short, recently my younger brother (age 27) went missing. He has been missing for a month now and it is very possible he is dead and has not been found. Today, I was trying to call my voicemail using my cell phone and for a short period, whenever I try to call my voicemail it takes about 15 seconds to connect. Well this time, during that connection period, all of a sudden my phone got extremely staticky and crackly.

You may be on to something as i have felt that same staticky and crackly feeling every time before i receive a phone call and or text message. I thought it was just me but i am glad i found someone else who has experienced that sensation. Next time it happens try and determine how long the feelings last and see if it happens on another phone other than the one your using. If it does happen again you may be experiencing Electromagnetic hypersensitivity

. If the voice appears on the phone again you may be on to something or it could just be the NSA who hacked your phone :whistle: either one. Sorry for your loss.

Edited by stevemagegod

• 2 weeks later...

I actually experienced a phone call from the other side from someone I was very close to. It was truly an amazing experience. His call came nearly a year after his passing. His voice sounded a bit hoarse, and yes, there was static on the line. My Caller ID did not register a number or city. The screen was totally blank.

His message was simple. He identified himself and he told me he was alive and then the call abruptly disconnected.

Yeah, if he was dead why would he say he was alive. Sounds like you have a bad service plan.

• Like 2

He said he was alive and thus the entire story has to be untrue because he didn't say what YOU expected him to say? Seriously? That's too funny. That message had a special meaning to me. Anyone else's thought on what should or shouldn't have been said is irrelevant.

Then why tell it to us?

**edit**

by that I mean, why tell us a story, then say that what we get out of it doesn't matter?

If as you say theres a special message in it, then when you leave the special part of that out of your story, how can you expect people being told the story to not point out why it's flawed?

Edited by Scheming B
  • Like 3

Then why tell it to us?

**edit**

by that I mean, why tell us a story, then say that what we get out of it doesn't matter?

If as you say theres a special message in it, then when you leave the special part of that out of your story, how can you expect people being told the story to not point out why it's flawed?

My boss decided to tell every one i go to a paranormal website. So i get teased for it or i get people telling their stories.

Any way, A coworker once told she was at her house and she heard the garage door open. She ran to the garage and it was closed. She told me about how she knew it was haunted and she went out side and saw her neighbors unloading their shopping from their car and she was talking to them.

I asked, Was their garage door open? She said yes. I asked did you hear them from the garage getting out of their car from the garage? she said "yeah", "I said, maybe you heard their garage door opening?". She got offended for me nick picking.

• Like 3

same story dude, I get people telling me their stories, which is actually something I love. I even offer "Do you want me to solve this or you just wanna tel me a story?" so, i give people full disclosure.

Then I'm the jerk for not buying that the house creaking is granny speaking from beyond the grave.

• Like 2

My boss decided to tell every one i go to a paranormal website. So i get teased for it or i get people telling their stories.

Any way, A coworker once told she was at her house and she heard the garage door open. She ran to the garage and it was closed. She told me about how she knew it was haunted and she went out side and saw her neighbors unloading their shopping from their car and she was talking to them.

I asked, Was their garage door open? She said yes. I asked did you hear them from the garage getting out of their car from the garage? she said "yeah", "I said, maybe you heard their garage door opening?". She got offended for me nick picking.

Story of my life: UFOs, ghost, cryptids, romantic comedies.

• Like 2

Then why tell it to us?

**edit**

If you, or the others, can dismiss a post or consider it flawed simply because you don't believe a deceased person would consider them self to be alive once they passed over then I can dismiss your opinion as being irrelevant because I believe you are too closed minded to think beyond yourself. You don't know anymore about what happens to a person when they die, or how they feel after death, than I do.

There are many people who blame a lot of stupid things on ghosts, such as a toilet that flushes by itself. There are a lot of people that make up crazy ghost stories for attention. There are those that are mentally ill, and those that just have an over active imagination. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out such obvious fallacies. But, it does become a problem when you find yourself jaded by all those stories and you become closed minded and intolerant to the beliefs and opinions of others.

If you, or the others, can dismiss a post or consider it flawed simply because you don't believe a deceased person would consider them self to be alive once they passed over then I can dismiss your opinion as being irrelevant because I believe you are too closed minded to think beyond yourself. You don't know anymore about what happens to a person when they die, or how they feel after death, than I do.

See thats the problem though.

You didn't specify that you were looking at it from that perspective.

you made it seem like some random person called you, said "im alive" then hung up.

from where we set you have to see that the story is a little dumb.

Now, add in your twist about wherein you theorize that people may not consider themselves dead after death, does add an aspect to you story.

Obviosuly I don't believe in ghosts, but your idea that their consciousness is, somewhere, still considering themselves alive is interesting.

• Like 2