Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Time Travel Paradoxes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 02:15 AM

[QUOTE](FarvLarion @ Aug 20 2001, 05:34 AM)
Perhaps, God is not God, but perhaps somewhere in the distant future, we as a species has perfected time travel and we are our own creation.
[QUOTE]

hang on, so you are saying that us in the future created ourselves in the past, but if we were to create ourselves, so somewhere, we didnot create ourselves.......unless god is an advanced time travelling human who comes back in time to create the race which he will be the decendant of blah blah blahdy blah blah blah blink.gif                                                

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#17    Guest_harsh rajat_*

Guest_harsh rajat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2003 - 02:14 AM

if you ask my opinion---
i'd say that when we will go back in time ...
nothing will change neither dimensions.... nor space...
however our body will not remain solid.... that is we will not be able to touch sense.. or inform anybody about anything.....
as the first post pointed out
similarly if we destroy a object before we are born than the object won't be destroyed at all

thats why i say that though we will observe the past or future still we will have no power to change it from there only....

from here comes the theory that why ghosts are sometime visible...
maybe they are visiting there past or future...
and for that matter... thats why some ghosts could only be seen(they doesn't harm you, do they) its because that they have no power to harm you or for that matter do anything                                                

#18    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 02:32 AM

my wife and i leave the topic of time travel completely off limits- it just causes too many headaches  laugh.gif                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#19    JoJoBinks

JoJoBinks

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:38 PM

Ok I have two movies for you:

Time Cop (Van Damn)

and this one called APEX. its a sci fi and touches about the whole change the past thingy. Its actually a great movie IMO. Not one of the real famous ones. Came out in the late 90's, no big named actors in it but still good.

#20    Hobo

Hobo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:05 AM

i believe time travel will be found to be impossible. if you leave this time and go to another in the time you were sposed to exist would be too little matter/energy in the time you went to would be too much, not to mention copies of the same matter/energy in the time you went to. this paradox would occure even if time travel created a splinter universe.                                                  

#21    JoJoBinks

JoJoBinks

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:04 PM

Ok look:

If I went back in time and killed my father, then he would be dead, and I would not exist in anyone's memories anywhere. But I wont just bleep out of existence. I could travel back to the present from where I came from and I would be there but no one would have any memory of my existance, hence I'd be just some Jon Doe. Sorta like the movie 12 Monkeys when there was no record of him in the past when he went back.

Ok?!?!?

Also, I have a way for everyone to see if they will ever reach time travel in their lifetimes:

First note the date, time, and your location, and be alone and easily acessable, aka not in prison type of thing. Now, if you EVER live to be able to reach time travel, go back to the date and place you just memorised and tell yourself its possible. I am still waiting for myself, I gave me another year to do it. Jan 1st, 2004.......                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users