Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Farmer blames

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

What Are the Causes of Hair Loss in Cattle?

Cattle typically live in the elements, exposed to all manner of insects, parasites and environmental stresses. And although they are typically hardy by nature, cattle are still susceptible to any number of infections and diseases, some of which cause hair loss. In most cases of hair loss in cattle, you will find a host of offending parasites living in luxury off the skin and blood of your cows. However, there are a few other causes to consider.

Zinc Deficiency

• Most of the zinc in a cow's body is contained in her skin, hair and wool. If she is deficient in zinc, she will develop parakeratosis, leading to skin lesions and hair loss.
    Iodine Deficiency
    Photosensitization

• Photosensitization is a condition which causes skin to "overreact" to sunlight exposure due to the presence of offending elements, typically phylloerythrin, being produced by the cattle. The cattle will proceed to scratch at the affected areas, causing skin lesions and hair loss.
    Ringworm

• Ringworm is a contagious skin disease spread by spore-bearing fungi. It attacks the hair shafts and skin of the cattle, causing skin lesions, scabs and hair loss.
    Mites

• A mite infestation in cattle is called mange, and can range from the very contagious sarcoptic mange to a more easily treated form like demodex or chorioptic mange. If not treated, any form of mange can cause hair loss, thickening of the skin and immune system weakness.
    Lice

• Biting and sucking lice can infest cattle, causing severe skin itching and irritation. If the lice are not treated, the cattle may experience loss of hair and appetite.

Read more: What Are the Causes of Hair Loss in Cattle? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1xn7mCBPM

#17    Salami Swami

Salami Swami

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I believe him though... no one else notices that the cows in the backround were very fat? And hes being charged with malnutrition (minute 4.04)

Posted Image

#18    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 14 June 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Severe malnutrition does cause hair loss in people, perhaps it also does in cows.

It causes less hair loss than hair naturally lost not regrowing. All humans and animals loose a certain amount of hair daily, just in healthy and well nourished animals it grows back (in humans sometimes not, despite being healthy).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#19    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostEldorado, on 14 June 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

The man is needing psychiatric help not a court trial, imo.

(Fill your jails with sick people you end up with bad people and nowhere to put them. Simple, you'd think.)

View PostEldorado, on 14 June 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I agree it doesn't make sense but do believe I know why.  Bureaucracy does not know how to handle insane people.

It usually winds-up with an unholy mess of paperwork and no-one with an iota of an idea of how to "put it to bed".  Citing Laws, Rules & Regulations at a crazy person is as much good as a chocolate ashtray.

Idiots.

Maybe because most of them (the Bureaucracy) are nuts as well.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#20    black mage

black mage

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

i believe this guy. there's is just no way he can just make a story up like that. he knows whats wrong with them and you can tell how much he cares for his cattle. and of course the cop will lie obviously about the ufos because they are paid to do so. theres been various cases like this around the world. we really have to start opening our eyes towards this reality. we are living very dangerous times friends.

#21    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postblack mage, on 14 June 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

i believe this guy. there's is just no way he can just make a story up like that. he knows whats wrong with them and you can tell how much he cares for his cattle. and of course the cop will lie obviously about the ufos because they are paid to do so. theres been various cases like this around the world. we really have to start opening our eyes towards this reality. we are living very dangerous times friends.
I really have no idea as to whether or not you're being serious. If you are, well, then I would label you as being just as nuts as this gentleman.

"There's just no way he can make up a story like that" <-- Really? Well, he certainly did a fine job in this case.

Logic and common-sense would tell me that he is either a horrible liar, or merely deluded.

#22    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

This thread's responses would make me lmao if it didn't involve the diseased and sickened cattle.

#23    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,742 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Sounds like the "death beam" strayed a bit and fried his brain cells.

#24    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

this guy has gained my respect

#25    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

The death beam?
Next we will have giant mutant chickens from mars.

#26    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

He's been smoking cow dung.

#27    BrokenKey

BrokenKey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Google is not how to research something - not sure how the education system has failed so many.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

and I always thought death ray beef was hormone free - hmph, this ruins my chili recipe.

#28    blueandi

blueandi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 14 June 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Severe malnutrition does cause hair loss in people, perhaps it also does in cows.
It does, as a degree student in agriculture, I am appalled by this. He is obviously in need of medical help. He is being charged with not seeking a vet when the animals are sick, like any other competent farmer would. Just because he is feeding them, doesn't automatically mean they can't starve. Ruminants have complicated digestive systems, and any upset to that can easily kill them.
As a farmer he should know that, which points to his sanity being questionable. Shocking that 250 animals have been allowed to die before authorities got involved!

#29    Farmerboy

Farmerboy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

As a farmer I can sympathise with him although the death ray idea is a little nuts, although seeing 250 of your stock die would drive me up the wall too. The cows in the video seem to be well enough cared for and the field looks to be well bedded with hay which aint cheap.  Raising cattle takes alot of time, money and dedication so I doubt he'd be doing them harm just to go with his story.

The authorities and vets often look down on and dont take farmers seriously so why look for the cause when they can take the easy route and blame the farmer. A few vets in my area are known for this and are known as Dr Death as theyll put the animal down even though itcould be easily treated.

I may be wrong but the way he mentioned that the problems occur after rain would suggest maybe a parasite as some use water to move to the host, and some enter by burrowing into the skin which would explain the red mark on the nose as its the only bare skin touching the ground whilst grazing. It would be interesting to know the ages of the dead cattle as the young and the very old would be at the most risk of infection.

#30    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hmm i still think noisy cricket is more powerful then the death ray....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users