Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US/China agree to rid NK of Nuclear Weapons

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

The US and China have agreed on a plan to take away Jong-un nuclear weapons.  The Chinese are worried about him themselves and is loosing influence on NK.  You would think they would cut their water off {money}.  Hopefully they will succeed at this but I doubt it.

Nuclear-free North Korea goal of U.S.-China pledge

#2    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostHilander, on 14 April 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

The US and China have agreed on a plan to take away Jong-un nuclear weapons.  The Chinese are worried about him themselves and is loosing influence on NK.  You would think they would cut their water off {money}.  Hopefully they will succeed at this but I doubt it.

Nuclear-free North Korea goal of U.S.-China pledge

Realistically the only way of removing the threat is to remove the Regime,how it is to be done is another question.The Humanitarian cost would be high and this is the main factor that makes a Military Solution a very difficult call to make.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,236 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

This is like trying to take the knife from a Homeless person... Only over their dead body...

If we want NK to give up their nukes, we're going to have to TAKE them.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 April 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

This is like trying to take the knife from a Homeless person... Only over their dead body...

If we want NK to give up their nukes, we're going to have to TAKE them.

And it's guaranteed to be a horrifically bloody task.  The only question is, will appeasing them cost more in the future?  That answer is almost certainly yes :(

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

I'm glad China seems to be backing this as well.  NK is a scary enough adversary, I cannot imagine how bad it would be if China was supporting this madness.

#6    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,935 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Dont trust china,if there was a war and we sent aircraft carries to wipe north Korea off the map i think china might jump in or something

#7    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 14 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Dont trust china,if there was a war and we sent aircraft carries to wipe north Korea off the map i think china might jump in or something

Maybe but China cannot risk being at Odds with the United nations.  They've just signed a new treaty with Australia and are trying to better their relations with other countries.  If they attacked america then all that would be lost and they would face the combined effort of a dozen countries.  They are smarter than that.  They may have the largest army, but they don't have the hardware.  NK is trying to gain attention mostly, but China doesn't need to.  

It would be an utterly foolish move which would gain them nothing but contempt from other countries once the bloodshed had ended.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,259 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

The Chinese (and a number of other Communist countries) are no longer interested in spreading Communism to the rest of the world.  That missionary ferver has died off.

I would agree one should not trust the Chinese, but I would add one should not trust the Americans or the Russians or the British or even the Brazilians.  One needs to always keep what is in a given country's interests.

Removing nuclear weapons from smaller states is essential.  In fact, removing nuclear weapons from the world is essential, and Obama's much-disregarded initatives are to be praised and discussed

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,259 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

I have the feeling that N. Korea is more bluff and propaganda than real power, and that a serious assault by China from the North, with air support from the Americans and enough action in the south to keep the troops the North has there in place would be a good plan and the fighting would be over in a few weeks.

Of course then the North would be in Chinese hands; to my view not a bad thing.

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 14 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Well China is in new leadership so not sure if thats true about war. But stop saying "blowing NK off the map"

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think he said wipe NK off the map.  I think it should be too, it should just be Korea but not with the North in charge.

I'm not sure what the Chinese would do either.  I know NK don't buy their junk and the rest of the world does.

#12    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,515 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Agreed,you need to be Wary of the Chinese, but a solution to the NK problem would ultimately have to involve them.The advantage lies with the US, and they should stop the constant cycle of appeasement and call young Kimmys bluff.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#13    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,515 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 14 April 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Well China is in new leadership so not sure if thats true about war. But stop saying "blowing NK off the map"

Why?

Maybe the world should just carry on giving NK vast amounts of aid every time he holds a gun to the worlds head.Time for Appeasement is over, if ultimately the Military option is adopted then so be it.

Edited by shaddow134, 14 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,259 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

To me aid is not the issue; the issue is they are developing nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them.  The same applies to Iran.  These governments have got to either be persuaded to stop what they are doing or face genuine military consequences.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 April 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

To me aid is not the issue; the issue is they are developing nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them.  The same applies to Iran.  These governments have got to either be persuaded to stop what they are doing or face genuine military consequences.
Wow, don't hold back Frank, tell us how you really feel!

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users