Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

News Posters / Columnists Needed

Saru

There are now openings for several new article/news posters on the site - with the oppertunity to help out by posting any news articles that you come across, to the columns on the main page.

With there now being three different columns, there is an even wider range of subjects for you to help report on, including space news, new technologies, discoveries, bizarre stories as well as anything at all to do with the unexplained.

As before, news posters are not required to post continuously on a daily basis. Any help you can offer in keeping the news up to date is of course, greatly appreciated, and I'd like to thank everyone who has already been contributing to the news columns in the present and in the past.

I have also simplified the news posting process - there's now a special menu on the front page - simply selecting one of the three posting options will take you straight to the news centre where you can post articles for any of the three columns.

In addition, the linking code that caused quite a lot of confusion before, is now included on the actual article submission page itself, meaning it is now simply a case of copying and pasting it into the box.

You can also edit your own news items as well, so if you'd rather alter something you've posted, you can do so without any problems.

As before, news posters will be given a username and password so that they can access the news submission section. This is to prevent troublemakers from logging in and posting garbage on the front page. If you do decide to become a news poster, you can chose your own username and password with which to log in with.

For the moment I am looking for a general idea of how many forum users are interested in helping out with the news - the existing accounts will need to be renewed, so if you have an account already - please let me know if you'd like me to make you a new one.

I am also looking for anyone who might be interested in having their own regular column on the site. If you'd like to have your say about issues relating to space, technology, the unexplained, or anything else along those lines, and are interested in the idea of having your own column on the site, then please let me know.

All feedback, comments, queries or suggestions welcome.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Mentalcase

• crosis

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth,

Yes, I'd like to continue posting articles, so please update my password info. The regular column also seems tempting, I could author one under the heading "MAGIK'S MANIACAL MUSINGS  :s4   Then again, you want to 'draw' people to your web site, don't you?  :-/  ;)

Magikman  :D

update mine as well. I tried posting some news articles a few weeks ago but my password no longer worked :-(

The regular column also seems tempting, I could author one under the heading "MAGIK'S MANIACAL MUSINGS"

That actually sounds quite interesting.  ;D

"MAGIK'S MANIACAL MUSINGS  

:s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s9

I agree with Gareth.

Oh now that would be fun to read

*I would like to continue posting news......................once I get the hang of it :s07

Right, I've refreshed the accounts of everyone who has posted above, and you should now be able to log in and post news into all three of the news columns.

At the moment I have simply assigned you the same username and password as before, so if you don't know what your password is, or would like it to be changed, let me know via E-Mail or Instant Message with your preferred username/password and I will update your account.

Again, thanks for your help with the news - it's much appreciated.

If anyone else would like to become a news poster, or would be interested in having their own column on the site, then you can still do so by getting in touch with me via E-Mail, IM or by posting to this thread.

Questions, comments and suggestions welcome.