Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bin Laden

blazeboy84

Do you think US government should be blamed for 9/11 or do you think BIn Laiden is the devil of the demonish act. Or a patriot of Afgan?

Bin Laiden and some other terrorist groups were giving over a million dollars, weapons of destruction(rocket lauchers, machineguns, missle launchers etc.) and special C.I.A. training to attack and kill the Soviets.

Do you think its okay to kill innocent soviets but not americans? I am american myself. And I do get p***ed of when I see countries burn american flags. And also, there are a few shows thats deticated to american stupidity in canada. Like An American in Canada, Air Farce One etc. I do not agree that the people are stupid, perhaps more than 50% americans are one of the most succesful people(rich) of the world.

But I do agree that the US government is lets just say "Like to start fights and bother other people's business. For example... US gov. Gave money and weapon to Iraq to kill their enemy(forgot who) and gave the enemies of Iraqis to destroy Iraq. After the war, American Gov. noticed the threat the Iraqis had so... The gulf war between Iraq and USA begun in 1991.

Now the USA has countless problems that they COULD NOT SOLVE yet and are starting to bother other people's business like the fightings in columbia, the war between Isreal and Palestine. Doesnt this create more enemies?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• saxcatz

• Nancy

• Kryso

Top Posters In This Topic

When discussing the US' foreign policies, I'm afraid the phrase "our might knows not our borders" springs to mind each and every time. The US meddles...it's always meddled...and more often than not it meddles for stupid reasons?

Every time someone celebrates the troops "protecting our freedom" in Iraq...I just feel myself saying "wha...? Protecting it from who? Iraq wasn't a fundamentalist country, it had nothing to do with 9/11...and the only weaponry he had of any note was given to him by the US in the first place...what's he gonna attack us with? A chemical weapon launched from a sling shot?"

It's...insane. As much as I do think the war on Iraq, now that it's over, was probably a good thing in the long run...I don't agree with the reasons for it happening, and I also don't agree with US and British troops getting killed over there for the sake of bettering the lives of the very people who are killing them.

I think the US government certainly should accept a degree of responsibility for 9/11 certainly...it was, after all, down mostly to their ridiculous attitude to the situation between Isrial and Palestine. However...at the end of the day, it was conducted by people who are incapable of thinking as we know it...most people in the middle east are, as a culture, at the same level we were during the crusades, only they're armed with modern weaponry...oh joy...nobody could have predicted 9/11 I don't think...an event like that just wouldn't enter into the minds of normal, rational people.

I don’t believe any one country has the right to try and police the world! But saying that, there should be someone, oh wait there is, it’s called United Nations!

But you also have to remember that America is the largest arms dealer in the world, and then they get upset when the people they sell them too, turn around and use them on them! (Don’t worry I’m not anti-American.)

No offence Blazeboy 84, but what do you mean when you say “Do you think its okay to kill innocent soviets but not Americans?” People are people, regardless of creed color or race. They have just as much right to live as you do!

And when you say America has some of the richest people in the world! All countries have rich, regardless. Even the poorest countries in the world have millionaires, normally who become rich through exploiting those beneath themselves.

And when you say “And also, there are a few shows that’s dedicated to American stupidity in Canada...” And? Everyone takes the pee out of everyone else, its called fun. I find it ironic that you have freedom of speech and can say ‘almost’ anything, but when some other country uses that same freedom, you don’t like it!

Please no one take any of this the wrong way, but all over the world people are dieing everyday, millions a week. And no body really cares. It drives me mad that with the money the world spends on arms, in one day if that money was used for the benefit of the poor, and hungry, then it would sort all the worlds problems out!

And I agree with you, America has loads of domestic problems, and don’t take this the wrong way, but wouldn’t you Americas prefer if they spent the money on you, more jobs, better hospitals excreta? I’m not saying don’t help those that truly need it, and America has done some amazing things, but not every country out there wants a big brother looking over there shoulder – that’s what the United Nations is for!

And don’t even get me started on Iraq, lol, just kidding… But even though in the long run its sort of been helpful, I think? Wouldn’t the 80 billion dollars gone to something better. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the Iraq people don’t deserve it, but you spend 80 billion or so, on a war they never asked for!

oh dear god...not the United Nations and their "criminals are victims too" crap...I'd rather have the US looking over my shoulder ph34r.gif

I got a question...why is it that, when Iraq has them, it's "weapons of mass destruction", while when the US has them it's "a nuclear deterant"

huh.gif

It's...insane. As much as I do think the war on Iraq, now that it's over, was probably a good thing in the long run...I don't agree with the reasons for it happening, and I also don't agree with US and British troops getting killed over there for the sake of bettering the lives of the very people who are killing them.

The war in Iraq is NOT OVER and if N.Ireland is anything to go by it wont be over for a very long time!!!! disgust.gif

All I know is that a friend of mine...just a kid, died in Afghanastan. I don't know who is to blame, but it ain't him. Last time I saw him, we were getting his grandma's cows out of the road. I guess someone has to do something about the terrorists. I often wonder who the real terrorists are though.

My little buddy He was always running out of gas.

If the war is not over, then please tell me who you're fighting now? Saddam is gone...it's quite likely he's not coming back (dead, or gone into hiding most likely), his forces are an absolute shambles, and the only people fighting the US troops anymore are civilians who didn't want our help in the first place (did you miss the part where they were shooting at you in the insane rush to reach the capital?)

If you want the war to be over, then do the smart thing...pull out, let them have their little civil war which will kill thousands of them, and maybe the ones that are left will have wised up a little. I don't agree one bit with our troops dying for the sake of these people...they don't want our help in the first place.

the people that the coalition forces are fighting in the country of Iraq are terrorists.

let's go back to the beginning. Sadam Hussian knew that his troops had no chance against the forces facing him, so, and i have no doubt about this, his battle plan was guerilla warfare, it's the only type of warfare that a weaker force can use to "defend" it's people in this situation.

when i say "defend" it's people what i should say is defend the terrorists own interests. The people of Iraq have been down-trodden for centuries and only the few have ever gained from the enormous wealth that the country generates. They could quite easily have one of the best health and educational structures in place, if only there psychotic dictator of a boss did'nt pick fights with every neighbour on his door-step.

Do'nt get me wrong, Britain and more so America, have created this current situation, so is'nt it up to them to rectify the problem? If, and i mean if, they are true to there word, do you not think, that in years to come when all this blodshed and misery is over, that Iraq could and, hopefully will be, a shining example to rest of the middle east?

Excuse me? Terrorists? Did you, or did you not realise that the US troops are an invading army, whatever their purpose, in their country? The fact that they use bombs and suicide charges in trucks to try and kill this invading army does not made them terrorists.

If someone were to invade my country, then you can be damn sure I'd use absolutely everything at my disposal to fight them off. Would you call me a terrorist for doing that? As I said, these people don't want our help...You might actually find that they hate us. The fact that they're fighting back to try and get control of their own country, because to their eyes, I'm willing to bet it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon, does not make them terrorists.

Depending on what stand-point you take, there is a very fine line between TERRORIST and FREEDOM FIGHTER, the so-called "freedom fighters" in Iraq are not trying to free their country of an invading army they are in fact trying to de-stabilise an already instable situation.

For a group of "terrorists" to continually attack the, already stretched, supply lines which are bringing in humanetarian aid to the people of Iraq and to bomb and destroy the water supply lines which, coincidently, where put in place by coalition troops for the health and well-being of said people. This does'nt look to me like "freedom fighters" looking after the interests of it's people.

Just for the record, this is my opinion and i do'nt mean to offend anyone, but any soldier who joins the armed forces knows that at some point in their career they will be expected to travel to the far flung corners of the world to do justice to the opressed, and any soldier who joins up and does'nt realise this is not only naive but, again, in my opinion, stupid!

I think your definition of a terrorist is slightly warped...The US troops are not a legitimate power there, they have never been wanted or accepted by the population, and whether you choose to like it or not, they're a hostile occupation force.

I'm not calling the people who are attacking them freedom fighters either. They're just the opposition. The fact that the US has helicopters and assault rifles, and their opponents have home made bombs and limited resources does not make them terrorists.

It's not some phantom military force, as you seem to be implying...it's armed civilians setting themselves up in opposition to the troops. It's their country, it's their land, and they're trying to remove an occupying army from it. That doesn't exactly smack of terrorism to me.

I accept that soldiers are expected to do their duty, blablabla...but screw it. I'm sick of hearing of our troops dying out there, being killed by the very people we're supposed to be 'liberating'. It's absolutely insane. Leave them to it! I don't give a crap what happens to their country...hell, I didn't give a crap when Saddam was in power either. What I do give a crap about is the fact that our men and women are being killed over a cause that is absolutely meaningless.

I do'nt think that over-thowing a dictator like Sadam is a pointless exercise. The people of Iraq have been and still are being opressed by the "bully boy" tactics of the "terrorist/freedom fighters who are causing mayhem in that country. You say let's pull out and leave them to it. If we go back to the last gulf war, the southern Iraqi people stood up and took up arms against the ruling factions in Iraq, thinking that they would have full support of the coalition forces, that support never materialised and they where slaughtered in their thousands, so do you think that if we pulled out now, those same, like-minded people would not suffer 10 fold for their actions this time round?

That old saying "you've made your bed now you will lie in it" springs to mind.

Okay...I'll try not to be blunt...

"I don't care" tongue.gif

Saddam being in power, or out of it, made absolutely no difference to us whatsoever. We didn't even have any right to interfere. Who on earth made the US and Britain the world's watch dog?

I care far more about seeing our troops coming back alive and well, than I do about a civil war from a backward nation who don't even know what's good for them. I have absolutely no doubt that, if we pulled out, there would be a civil war in Iraq that would cost thousands of lives...but I still don't care.

We've lost more troops after the battles ended than we did during them, and it's because these people don't want us in their country. I say give the people what they want. Going into Iraq was a mistake in the first place...how it was handled was an absolute blunder, and if the "make your bed and lie in it" part didn't apply, you can bet we would have pulled out by now.

If Bush and Blair have to retire, so what? It wouldn't be the biggest loss the world has ever seen (Bush retiring would actually be a relief). I honestly don't care what the Iraquis do, so long as our troops aren't there to be killed by it.

ok, that's fair enough, i just do'nt like sitting back and watching weak people being bullied by thugs with guns. Our troops are the best PAECE KEEPING forces in the world, and i do'nt doubt that given enough time and effort they will stabilize Iraq for the good of its people and the rest of the middle east.

You'le have to excuse me just now as i have to get off this high horse and do the dishes( who's being opressed now?) whistling2.gif

We're the best? Really? Wow...and there I was thinking the US killed more friendly troops during the combat than the enemy did...

The US are really good at keeping peace...yeah...that must be why they're backing Israel...that...little country that causes about 80% of the trouble in the middle east.

By "we're the best" i was refering to British troops, our peace keeping history speaks for it's self.

You'le note that we've just had a soldier who has been awarded the military cross for outstanding leadership under "friendly" fire from American troops.

If the shoe had been on the other foot and the American forces where being attacked by British troops, it would have been a bloodbath.

The British army do'nt give out medals like confetti, unlike, our American cousins who give out medals for using the right fork at the dinner table.

America have never mastered the "hearts and minds" strategy of peace keeping and until they realise that there is more to the world than America, then they never will. whistling2.gif

George Bush. Osama Bon Laden. Saddam Hussien. These three figures all have one thing in common- They were all involved with each other in political,arms,and weapons of mass destruction deals. Remember we (US) gave Saddam chemical weapons way back. And now we are looking for them? Damn, this fact alone says a lot.

Every morning I turn on the news and more troops have died. About a month ago Bush returned from a one- month vacation. This fact was broadcast all over national television. Get Real, Bush. How can you be vacation when our, and our allied, troops are being killed daily?

And during this time frame so many Mid-East leaders were coming and going from his (private) ranch. In his (Bushs') PRIVATE RANCH.

What ever happened to taking care of business at Capital Hill? In my opinion, and I am American, we will not know "WHY" for some time. There is too much money, oil, and power involved- and past associations.

When we do know, I have a feeling that it will be a scandel that rocked many nations!

I have so much sympathy for those who have lost their lives in this [conflict]. I am also former military. I love my country. I have travelled all over the Mid-East.

However, we do not know all- One of the two made a fool out of Bush (both) and I feel the pressure is on because of something we do not know- THE TRUTH-

journey, i empathize with you but to be blunt, the powers that be are not the people on the ground doing the hard graft, if you recall, when you whe're in the military, if a dignitary or any official turned up on your location we all gave the impression that everything was "A ok" and no-one ever really gave them a true account of what was really going on on the ground.

That's just the way things go when your a soldier.

I do'nt envy any leader, no matter what force they are leading, whether it be Blair, Bush or Bin Laden, they must be under enormous pressures and personally i think they should have a vacation, my own "PRESIDENT" ,Tony, just had a little scare, around the heart area, and it was all down to stress.

our troops( all countries ) will prevail in this conflict and i dare anyone coming back from Iraq or any other country that they are peace-keeping in, to say that they felt that they did not contribute to the good and well-being of the people that they where sent to protect.

OFFICIALLY OF MY HIGH HORSE. GOLAM.

oh dear god...not the United Nations and their "criminals are victims too" crap...I'd rather have the US looking over my shoulder ph34r.gif

I got a question...why is it that, when Iraq has them, it's "weapons of mass destruction", while when the US has them it's "a nuclear deterant"

huh.gif

Um...

Because the US is a responsible world power (although we often seem to test the limits of the term "responsible") and Iraq is (was) an unstable dictatorship?

George Bush. Osama Bon Laden. Saddam Hussien. These three figures all have one thing in common- They were all involved with each other in political,arms,and weapons of mass destruction deals. Remember we (US) gave Saddam chemical weapons way back. And now we are looking for them? Damn, this fact alone says a lot.

Every morning I turn on the news and more troops have died. About a month ago Bush returned from a one- month vacation. This fact was broadcast all over national television. Get Real, Bush. How can you be vacation when our, and our allied, troops are being killed daily?

And during this time frame so many Mid-East leaders were coming and going from his (private) ranch. In his (Bushs') PRIVATE RANCH.

What ever happened to taking care of business at Capital Hill? In my opinion, and I am American, we will not know "WHY" for some time. There is too much money, oil, and power involved- and past associations.

When we do know, I have a feeling that it will be a scandel that rocked many nations!

I have so much sympathy for those who have lost their lives in this [conflict]. I am also former military. I love my country. I have travelled all over the Mid-East.

However, we do not know all- One of the two made a fool out of Bush (both) and I feel the pressure is on because of something we do not know- THE TRUTH-

Congratulations...

You've taken things at face value again. NEVER do that.

A "vacation" for a president simply means "not-at-the-white-house", but wherever he may be... he's still on the job.

Ok... my thoughts on this.

Does the US need to take partial responsibility for 9/11?

H@LL NO!

The US, as with every other country in the world, has made it's share of bad mistakes... stuck it's nose where it doesn't belong... and retreated from it's poor judgement with it's tale between it's legs. So has Britain... Germany... Japan... and etc. EVERY NATION makes thier share of mistakes.

Since the US is the most powerful and wealthy country in the world; it is held to a different standard. While other countries are certainly out to protect thier own interest (France anyone?), when the US does the same, they are accused of tyranny. Yet, if they sit back and do nothing... the world cries "HOW can you IGNORE these crimes?" Being the big-dog is ALWAYS a no-win situation... Just like being a head-of-state, you CANNOT please everyone.

Terrorists are people that simply do not comprehend life, politics, and humanity as we do (though not nessecarily through thier own evils, often simply through thier upbringing and innundation with propoganda) They do not hold the same values as the majority of the civilized world... I agree with the "crusades" analogy.

Ok... I'm not making much sense and have ALOT more rambling to do... so I'm going to give it up for now.

Hey Saxcatz- check this out

On MSN " The president has said he will stay there in [in Iraq] as long as it takes and not one day longer" Rumsfield said.

President Bush was at his Texas ranch out of public sight Sunday. " Our will and resolve are unshakeable" said a Whitehouse spokesman traveling with him.

Responce concerning the downed chopper today and all the lives that went with it.

Hey, do not take me wrong, but there are two statements here that ,well to say the least, are pretty feeble- or would this be taking things at "face value" ?

May the liberation of Iraq be successful- God bless all the troops and their familys,and everyone else involved in this conflict.....

As the State of Texas motto says, get this," Do'nt mess with Texas"

Some big wars are being waged, right from a living room in Texas....

we all need a vacation-from all this war.

Greetings Solam and Saxcatz- and I hope Blair is allright. Regards-Journey

Let’s face it, Bush has been labelled a ‘Tin Pot Soldier’ by his own press, because of his warmongering. tongue.gif

“Humm, where to this week Mr. President?”

“That’s a hard one, which dictator hasn’t returned my emails? we’re go after him!”

“Good called, I’ll get right onto it!”

“Oh, and I don’t have to remind you to throw in some accusations, we have to make it seem like we have just cause, and all that bull!”

“Of course Mr. President!”

I agree that this world is a complete mess, but no one country has the right to press their ideas, or rights onto other countries. And at the same time stating that there weapons are a threat to the world. The fact that America has the biggest stock pile of nuclear arms doesn’t seem to come into it. How would America react if say China announced that it was stepping in to take control of your country, because it was concerned for the welfare of the rest of the world, with having so much destructive power at your finger tips? blink.gif

Let’s face it, Bush has been labelled a ‘Tin Pot Soldier’ by his own press, because of his warmongering. tongue.gif

“Humm, where to this week Mr. President?”

“That’s a hard one, which dictator hasn’t returned my emails? we’re go after him!”

“Good called, I’ll get right onto it!”

“Oh, and I don’t have to remind you to throw in some accusations, we have to make it seem like we have just cause, and all that bull!”

“Of course Mr. President!”

I agree that this world is a complete mess, but no one country has the right to press their ideas, or rights onto other countries. And at the same time stating that there weapons are a threat to the world. The fact that America has the biggest stock pile of nuclear arms doesn’t seem to come into it. How would America react if say China announced that it was stepping in to take control of your country, because it was concerned for the welfare of the rest of the world, with having so much destructive power at your finger tips? blink.gif

Another thing people don't seem to understand... The president is not a war-monger... no more than he is a flower-child or an intellectual. The president is NOTHING; he is a figurehead in this country. Especially in the case of Bush, the president just does and says what his cabinet members tell him to. That is where the real power lies.

The US is NOT "policing" the world. They're looking out for thier own interests; just like everyother country. As I've said before, they are held to a different standard. Other countries, when they infuriate the world of thier neighbors, are "just looking after thier own interests, as any good nation would do." Yet, when the US does; they are accussed of "policing"; though all they are doing is looking out for thier own interests (and sometimes the interests of thier closest allies.) Yet, if the US were to admit to looking out for thier own interests; other nations would complain that such a powerful and wealthy nation should be looking out for the well-being of all the less fortunate world nations (ie... "policing"). Once again, the US, for being the ultimate-power in the world, is held to a double standard that it cannot possibly live up to. No matter what Bush and cabinet does, it will illicit cries and threats from other nations. So has been the history of the US in the post-WWII era.

As for having the largest stockpile of nuclear arms; it is unquestionable that the US should disarm. Unfortunately, some of the cold-war mentality still resides thanks to the presence of nuclear weapons in other nations. The US cannot, at least in thier minds, disarm until all other nations that pose a threat disarm as well. Yet again, this is part of the "big dog" complex... when you're the big dog, you believe that everyone is out to take you down; often it is true.

In the case of Iraq, the US was looking out for thier own oil interests and thier own feeling of security. They chose the path of least resistance, and decided to claim that they were looking out for the people of Iraq; which is certainly not true, but a much more effective mantra to get the job done. Undoubtedly though, the war is a sad thing... yet hopefully, as a side effect, the people of Iraq WILL have a higher quality life. It's hard to say at this point... but it is certain that the world is a safer place with one more lunatic like Saddam out of power. Unfortunately, Saddam is only the tip of the ice-berg... and there is nothing that a single nation can, or SHOULD, do about the rest of the problem. That is a problem that will have to be solved through cooperation between world gov't's. And hopefully it will be soon.

I understand that many people across borders feel it nessecary to voice thier opinion on US policy; a testament, no doubt, to how truly important the US is to the world, economically and politically... wether you like it or not!

But I will say this, with no disrespect to the people... only to the government. You feel it nessecary to criticize the US from safely behind the border of our southern neighbor. You live in a country that exists in it's limited prosperity because of the US; were it not for our thriving economy, Mexico would undoubtedly be a third world nation. You COULD argue that the US has eclipsed Mexico, and that is to blame for the nation's stunted developement... but that argument seems to hold little water. Mexico thrives off US buisness and employers... yet the government of Mexico is inefficient enough to send millions of it's citizens per year scrambling across the borders... risking thier lives to enter Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to escape thier impoverished lives in Mexico. Although it is true that these illegal immigrants make up an important portion of our workforce; it does not excuse the government of Mexico for ignoring the problem. To make it worse, the leaders of Mexico have the gull to suggests... to even propose a bill... that would grant FULL citizenship to all migrant who entered the US without permission from the US government. Suggesting that the US and it's already strapped economy, should pay for the callousness of the Mexican government by granting citizenship to those who have broken it's laws(albiet, with good reason) (with citizenship comes health care, education, welfare, and social security... all VERY expensive.) Although this would be lovely in some ways; it would undoubtedly have some side-effects: rewarding behavoir that should be considered unacceptable, "spitting" in the face of those immigrants who took the trouble to go through the proper channels, as well as stressing the US economy for funds that... frankly... it doesn't have right now. I CANNOT blame the migrant... for he is only trying to find a better life away from a corrupt government that sentences it's citizens to a lifetime of poverty and desperation. I can. however, blame that corrupt government that then turns and asks another nation to pay for it's mistakes. Is this not forcing ideas, rights, and requests upon another country?

You've probably realized my point in all this by now... but if you haven't, it is this: Feel free to criticize the mistakes the US makes... but don't feel as though the US is a plague upon mankind... no matter who you are, no matter where you are; your government has surely made awful mistakes that can be criticized as well. I simply chose Mexico as an example because I believe that Kryso is from Mexico and will understand these issues presented.

Peace... I mean no mallace towards anyone, as I clearly stated that it is only governments and popular opinion that I criticize.

I totally agree Saddam had to go, just wish it was thought threw better, i am affraid the US just may be getting into another Vietnam, i also thought at one time this war wasnt about oil, was about freedom of peple, and the disposal of WMD, now i wonder, i stand by our President and my country, but i think there may have been a mistake made here in the way we went in sad.gif