Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Great Pyramids VS Egyptian Pyramids

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#286    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,629 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 06 May 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

I think my sarcasm has gone out of style Ill try to adapt.

I happen to have this. my apologies for the link bold but it was forwarded this way.

[left] It is quite extensive but nonetheless worth the read .

disreguard the above link, click the one here,

http://www.google.co....45960087,d.dmg

Great, a rehash of Davidovits' claim which was shown to be incorrect by Professor Ioannis Liritzis in 2007. To whit:

Abstract

Mineralogical, petrological, XRF and radioactivity measurements were carried out on several Egyptian monuments (at Giza plateau and Abydos), as an integrated archaeological sciences project concerning Egyptian cultural heritage with a threefold aim: (a) the multifold analysis of construction material (granite, limestone, sandstone, gypsum), providing new data, (B) a detailed radioactivity survey of the monuments, and © the development of a new optical stimulated luminescence dating approach for limestone buildings. Regarding the aim (a), hypotheses that large building stones used in the monuments were cast, as opposed to carved out of natural stone, are not supported by (i) the presence of undamaged fossils, (ii) lack of zeolite peaks in X-ray patterns, which would be expected if CaO was used in making cement, and (iii) random emplacement and strictly homogeneous distribution of fossil shells in the whole rock in accordance with their initial in situ settling in a fluidal sea bottom environment. Moreover, statistical clustering of chemical composition indicated five rock sub-categories and XRF analysis reported inhomogeneity of rock composition. In aim (B) a detailed dose rate survey of the studied monuments and of the radioisotope content (U, Th, K, Rb) of specimens is reported that form a unique data-base for any undertaken dating project. Regarding aim ©, quartz separation from limestone powder presents a new way to date limestone blocks by the single aliquot Optical Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) dating protocol, and three indicative dating cases are presented.

http://www.sciencedi...296207407001410

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#287    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

cormac,
Im not saying one is right just yet, However, not everything is known hence why new discoveries are all so important. 
Regards to my gritty opinions.
A very good amount of any archaeology is slanted in hopes of seeking donations for not only projects, but also educating people under assumed information on behalf of the interest so a college or Gov wants all while eluding any connections to those people funding it.
Have you taken any courses in deciphering and comprehending propaganda?

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#288    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,629 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 06 May 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

cormac,
Im not saying one is right just yet, However, not everything is known hence why new discoveries are all so important.
Regards to my gritty opinions.
A very good amount of any archaeology is slanted in hopes of seeking donations for not only projects, but also educating people under assumed information on behalf of the interest so a college or Gov wants all while eluding any connections to those people funding it.
Have you taken any courses in deciphering and comprehending propaganda?

I've had my share of deciphering and comprehending all sorts of things in the military. And still not reached the point of paranoia implied in the above. Your point?

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#289    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 06 May 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

I've had my share of deciphering and comprehending all sorts of things in the military. And still not reached the point of paranoia implied in the above. Your point?

cormac

but not propaganda. you made your point.
i believe paranoids need something to believe in. or else...

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#290    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,629 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 06 May 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

but not propaganda. you made your point.
i believe paranoids need something to believe in. or else...

And I believe that's the saddest way of life, bordering on the pathetic, but each to their own.

cormac

#291    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 06 May 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

And I believe that's the saddest way of life, bordering on the pathetic, but each to their own.

cormac
my life is pretty damn fun. speak for others, as you do best. nice of you to shift subjects so fast.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 06 May 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#292    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,926 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

One thing I find most interesting is that the original entrances to the pyramids were quite high off ground level compared to the later dynastic attempts, with the 'facing' stones in place I can't help but wonder how they, the AEs got in or out of the structures.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#293    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 May 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

One thing I find most interesting is that the original entrances to the pyramids were quite high off ground level compared to the later dynastic attempts, with e 'facing' stones in place I can't help but wonder how they, the AEs got in or out of the......
internal ramp!
that seems to be answer , before one can even finish their question.

#294    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,926 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 06 May 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

internal ramp!
that seems to be answer , before one can even finish their question.

Nahh .... the internal ramps were for the stones during the construction apparently ..... you suck !

:lol: :P

~

~

#295    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 May 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Nahh .... the internal ramps were for the stones during the construction apparently ..... you suck !

:lol: :P

here cometh the plastering of links.

#296    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,926 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 06 May 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

here cometh the plastering of links.

I can feel the 'finger right click twitch' clicking right mouse button across the book marks encompassing the academic webs ...... :tu:

~

~

#297    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

how someone can derive paranoia from contentiousness is beyond me.

#298    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,629 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 May 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

I can feel the 'finger right click twitch' clicking right mouse button across the book marks encompassing the academic webs ...... :tu:

Willful ignorance on the part of some just doesn't make it worth the effort. :no:

As to what you said here, in part:

with the 'facing' stones in place I can't help but wonder how they, the AEs got in or out of the structures.

With the outer casing in place they were never intended to be entered again, since the entrance itself would have been covered over.

cormac

#299    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,926 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 06 May 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

~snip

With the outer casing in place they were never intended to be entered again, since the entrance itself would have been covered over.

cormac

That's one way of considering a solution to the conundrum I know ... but that will mean that Khufu was entombed before the completion ... so was the tomb waiting for Khufu or was Khufu laying in wraps waiting for the tomb ?

In terms of the construction phases we can't really tell as either propositions comes with its own sets of counter logic problems,
in terms of building the thing Sir cormac ... not the certain all too convenient speculative proposals from all parties.

~

~

#300    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

cormac,
you can not accept what is not backed by someone with a degree, nor can you accept the fact that despite every attempt at taking sharp shots, people dont agree with your views which by the way only reflect those who put them fourth. which is fine, except you are forgetting that the Giza pyramid itself is by far one of the most debated, controversial, and misunderstood subjects in existance.          accusing one who opposes your opinions based on others of being paranoid is not cool.  
so i suggest you pull your chin down a bit my friend because youre far from reining this thread by a longshot.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 06 May 2013 - 03:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users