Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sorcery

LostSouls7

Let's talk about Sorcery. Have you ever done it? Are you a sorcerer ? And what can you gain from this spiritual art ?

• Like 2

What do you mean by Sorcery?

• Like 1

I suppose the Wikipedia meaning:

Sorcery also refer to:

• Magic (paranormal),also known as sorcery
  • Maleficium (sorcery), a Latin term meaning "wrongdoing" or "mischief" and is used to describe malevolent, dangerous, or harmful magic, "evildoing" or "malevolent sorcery"
  • Witchcraft, the use of supernatural, magical faculties

• Like 1

Back in the 1970's there was a board wargame company named "Avalon Hill" (very famous company in the board game circuits)... They produced a "game"

called "Black Magic Kit" that was billed as a serious Black Magic Kit... Complete with rituals, spells, incantations and even had photo cards of ritual objects...

A lot of people bought it as a novelty item, but I had an acquaintance who bought it with serious intent... He swore it worked... (yet he never seemed to gain

any obvious "advantages" from it, and no one ever had a mysterious mishap while he used it)... You can still get this "game" on ebay/Amazon, believe it or not...

I looked through the "kit" and was highly amused, a bit disturbed and rather unimpressed... That is as close as I ever got to using "Sorcery"...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

Back in the 1970's there was a board wargame company named "Avalon Hill" (very famous company in the board game circuits)... They produced a "game"

called "Black Magic Kit" that was billed as a serious Black Magic Kit... Complete with rituals, spells, incantations and even had photo cards of ritual objects...

A lot of people bought it as a novelty item, but I had an acquaintance who bought it with serious intent... He swore it worked... (yet he never seemed to gain

any obvious "advantages" from it, and no one ever had a mysterious mishap while he used it)... You can still get this "game" on ebay/Amazon, believe it or not...

I looked through the "kit" and was highly amused, a bit disturbed and rather unimpressed... That is as close as I ever got to using "Sorcery"...

That is very interesting he bought it with intent to use the magic kit. It's a bit like the Ouija board. Back then most people bought

it as a toy or novelty. Yet others got it for series intent to summon up ghosts and spirits etc,

• Like 2

Years ago, I created what I read was a "trigger" and a "device", which you could say used "sorcery" or "magick", above the doorway of the laundry I worked at, to siphon off a fraction of the daily energy of everyone that walked through the door (except anyone under 4), to build an invisible "wall" so I had to deal with less people.

I was quit/fired months later due to scheduling issues, but a year or so later, I happened to see the owner who told me business died completely, and he had a Native American lady come by and say "Someone had put a curse on this business, I can feel it from the street. May I do a cleansing ritual?" And she proceeded to do the whole feather and incense thing.

It came back some, but eventually he just closed it and moved on with his life. A few laundries have come and gone since then, but nothing's solidly stuck and most of the time, my hometown of 2300 doesn't even HAVE a laundry for people without a washer and dryer.

You could call it sorcery I guess. You could also call it coincidence, since that's the entire reason for the word - one thing *coincides* with another. And apparently everyone has their own washer and dryer nowdays, or family that does.

• Like 6

Well that spell sounds pretty good. Sounds like if worked if that lady said someone cast something there.

If you don't break the spell it just stays there. It would have been better if you broke it before you left.

But I am glad everyone has a washer and dryer there now!!!

I wasn't going to belabor the point, but I did what our group called "taking responsibilty", where, after I heard about it, went by the landry and "re-intergrated" (via creastve visualiztion) the whole thing back into myself, explicitly noting I accepted the responsibility or consequence of both having "made it" (whatever *it* was), which is another reason I look back on that as a highly improbable but totally possible scenario, because the laundry never did get better really and he had t sell it. Tehre were problems to begin with though, etc. At any rate, not beleving in a truly accepting way, but not DISbelieving it fully, I still figured if I did it and made *something*, it was my responsibilty to take it back. If it wasn't magic. then I certainly had nothing to lose, and went through the motions. I might have tried to do that beforehand when I first left,because I was aware of the concept, but I don't remember. Well, I have a dyer at least. I have a washed but it needs hooked up. And I also need water service, which I don't have, to use it.

I wasn't going to belabor the point, but I did what our group called "taking responsibilty", where, after I heard about it, went by the landry and "re-intergrated" (via creastve visualiztion) the whole thing back into myself, explicitly noting I accepted the responsibility or consequence of both having "made it" (whatever *it* was), which is another reason I look back on that as a highly improbable but totally possible scenario, because the laundry never did get better really and he had t sell it. Tehre were problems to begin with though, etc. At any rate, not beleving in a truly accepting way, but not DISbelieving it fully, I still figured if I did it and made *something*, it was my responsibilty to take it back. If it wasn't magic. then I certainly had nothing to lose, and went through the motions. I might have tried to do that beforehand when I first left,because I was aware of the concept, but I don't remember. Well, I have a dyer at least. I have a washed but it needs hooked up. And I also need water service, which I don't have, to use it.

That was a wise move to take responsibility for what you did. And yes that is often the best way.

Well I hope you get water service activated soon to b able to use it !

I would say although is Sorcery a power, there are greater possibilities. Enter a keyword siddhis to google.

I will venture there and take a look, thank you my wise friend.

Magic isn't real, so no, I have never done it. When I was a stupid teenager I messed around with "Wiccan rituals" and such that I read in various books, but it was all hogwash.

• Like 1

Magic isn't real, so no, I have never done it. When I was a stupid teenager I messed around with "Wiccan rituals" and such that I read in various books, but it was all hogwash.

What , you mean stupid teenagers 'messing around' with something doesnt give the required results ? 655c2528-d0c3-4117-8cd9-4c7f1e6c1367.gif

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 5

Let's talk about Sorcery. Have you ever done it? Are you a sorcerer ? And what can you gain from this spiritual art ?

The goal can be anything from self-actualizing and balancing to union with the divine, depending on individual beliefs.

Years ago, I created what I read was a "trigger" and a "device", which you could say used "sorcery" or "magick", above the doorway of the laundry I worked at, to siphon off a fraction of the daily energy of everyone that walked through the door (except anyone under 4), to build an invisible "wall" so I had to deal with less people.

I was quit/fired months later due to scheduling issues, but a year or so later, I happened to see the owner who told me business died completely, and he had a Native American lady come by and say "Someone had put a curse on this business, I can feel it from the street. May I do a cleansing ritual?" And she proceeded to do the whole feather and incense thing.

It came back some, but eventually he just closed it and moved on with his life. A few laundries have come and gone since then, but nothing's solidly stuck and most of the time, my hometown of 2300 doesn't even HAVE a laundry for people without a washer and dryer.

You could call it sorcery I guess. You could also call it coincidence, since that's the entire reason for the word - one thing *coincides* with another. And apparently everyone has their own washer and dryer nowdays, or family that does.

What goes around comes around

Not talking about sorcery but laundromats :)

My small town of less than 2000 people has 3 of them one brand new with a total of about 20 washers and a dozen driers. That was in part because of tourists passing through, but also because many young people never buy a washing machine, they just take all the washing to a laundromat .

I did the same for the first few years of our marriage back in 1976. It was not only cheaper in the short term but also much faster You could do 6 washes at one time and then dry it all at once in a couple of big driers. It took less than an hour to do the washing whereas an automatic washing machine would have taken 5 hours plus drying time. During that time i ordered pizza from the neighbouring pizza shop to take home for tea and had a few frames of ten pin bowling in the same shopping centre.. It was very efficient use of time.

Now my wife uses all of a monday to do our washing with the most modern automatic washing machine and drier. (At least 6 hours in total.) OR i go down to one of the laundromats and do it all in an hour for about $20

Edited by Mr Walker

What?

What on earth does Walkers local small town laundry statistics have to do with sorcery ? ? ? :cry:

• Like 2

What?

What on earth does Walkers local small town laundry statistics have to do with sorcery ? ? ? :cry:

Did you read paranormal's amusing post about hexing his laundromat?

He wondered whether its eventual failure resulted from the hex or from the lack of need for a laundromat in a town of 2000 people. So was it sorcery or was it demographics ? :)

My experience demonstrates that laundromats come and go according to social demographics but that his hex might have caused the failure, given that my small town still supports 3 laundromats.

I assumed paranormal's post was partly tongue in cheek and responded in kind.

Edited by Mr Walker

What?

Nothing, lol

Oh no , apparently he demonstrated that laundromats come and go , so the hex may or may not have anything to do with that

also that laundromats are still open in his one small country town (as his test example :) ) which also may or may not demonstrate the hex had anything to do with it.

I suppose, to demonstrate the effect, one would have to cause, by hex, all the laundrys in Walkers town to shut down

Queen.png

• Like 1

Oh no , apparently he demonstrated that laundromats come and go , so the hex may or may not have anything to do with that

also that laundromats are still open in his one small country town (as his test example :) ) which also may or may not demonstrate the hex had anything to do with it.

I suppose, to demonstrate the effect, one would have to cause, by hex, all the laundrys in Walkers town to shut down

Queen.png

SEE. When you bother to read my posts you can actually understand them. i was responding not just in content but in tone/style to paranormals tongue in cheek example of hexing a laundromat.

And yes that would make for an interesting experiment. Or we could hex two and leave two unhexed as a control group :devil:

Edited by Mr Walker

I'm not spiritual/magic inclined in my beliefs, but I wanted to share what did happen to me personally, when I made such an effort, when i was younger. The empirical skeptical part in me wants to add "obviously, this is how coincidence can be mistaken for acausal effect" but the more objective "me" wants to just say "This is what happened and you can make up your own mind, and I certainly can't say with CONCRETE certainty". I felt this was genuinly relevant to the OP question. And yeah I guess the landry biz isn't what it used to be, but it sure can save time. =)

• Like 2

SEE. When you bother to read my posts you can actually understand them. ...

So, you are saying I understood them ?

So this is the right assessment : " apparently he demonstrated that laundromats come and go , so the hex may or may not have anything to do with that

also that laundromats are still open in his one small country town (as his test example :) ) which also may or may not demonstrate the hex had anything to do with it."

So, I am right that your waffling on about your local laundromats statistics has nothing to do with the results of someone else's experiments ?

Okay then

:su

• Like 1

I'm not spiritual/magic inclined in my beliefs, but I wanted to share what did happen to me personally, when I made such an effort, when i was younger. The empirical skeptical part in me wants to add "obviously, this is how coincidence can be mistaken for acausal effect" but the more objective "me" wants to just say "This is what happened and you can make up your own mind, and I certainly can't say with CONCRETE certainty". I felt this was genuinly relevant to the OP question. And yeah I guess the landry biz isn't what it used to be, but it sure can save time. =)

IMO it doesnt matter.

It doesnt matter whether a 'magical act' that is successful comes about by magic, your will power, coincidence, whatever.

What matters is the result . If your intention is to obtain or win something and you do 'sorcery' ( a term , I admit, I am not fond of ) ... then who cares how it happened ? The result is what is important.

Dont worry, it is relevant, what isnt relevant is Walker's addendum with his laundry stories, which have nothing to do with 'sorcery' / magic / etc .

But to approach such things by wanting to know if 'magic' was the actual cause, one would have to do it like a science experiments and get repeatedly the same results ... early-last century some 'groups' tried this approach with 'scientific illuminism'. Their results seem inconclusive IMO .

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

So, you are saying I understood them ?

So this is the right assessment : " apparently he demonstrated that laundromats come and go , so the hex may or may not have anything to do with that

also that laundromats are still open in his one small country town (as his test example :) ) which also may or may not demonstrate the hex had anything to do with it."

So, I am right that your waffling on about your local laundromats statistics has nothing to do with the results of someone else's experiments ?

Okay then

:su

No you understood the way my post responded to his but not the point i was making. All scientific experiments need peer review. My own peer review pointed out the problem with verification Ie We cannot be sure what caused the laundry to fail. However as my towns laundries have prospered and they were not hexed, this provides some more data

(You do understand that this is all tongue in cheek, from the very first post about hexing the laundromat dont you?)

The post still wasn't tongue-in-cheek, Mr. Walker, with all respect.

• Like 1

My error then I didn't believe anyone would seriously admit to hexing a laundromat let alone attempt a serious rationalisation of whether the hex was effective. I certainly replied as if your post wasn't entirely serious. I did believe you hexed the joint just as i used to make up explosive devices. I just doubted you were really serious about harming people with it, just as i never really meant to harm anyone with the explosive devices and timers i made. (I never tried one out on a laundromat :innocent: )

Edited by Mr Walker