Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Law of Attraction & Inner Connections

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Soph Hsiang

Soph Hsiang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hey everyone

I am Sophia and I am currently a sophomore student at National Experimental High School in Hsin Chu in Taiwan. Throughout this school year, we have been discussion the essence, inner being with relation to the law of attraction. We have been engaged in forum discussions to communicate our ideas and thoughts and it is my turn to post my questions for this week. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me find an answer or suggestions to my questions regarding the inner being, true spirituality and the law of attraction.

As we have discussed in class, there are 3 domains in which the connection to the universal being exists. Firstly, we live in the localized consciousness, which is where the ego mind and essence exists together to guide us through our everyday lives. Then there is the intuition and instinct region, where spontaneity occurs and our souls can connect with the universal soul. The nonlocalized/ virtual domain is where the consciousness, universal being and higher intelligence exists.
We also know that we are in control of everything that happens in our lives and that thoughts can be put into action to create reality. The power of thought allows us to transcend limitations of this world and we have power over our circumstances. The law of attraction allows us to make thoughts become reality and to override what is determined by "fate".

So here is my question:
If the essence and true spirituality possess the inner connections with the universal being, can we use this connection to make the law of attraction work?

According to The Secret, we are supposed to be able to gain what we want if we want it bad enough, in the good way, and therefore make our thoughts manifest to come true through the attraction forces of the universe. Therefore, Is it possible to want something materialistic in the "right way"? (As in not wanting too much that it would completely consume you but enough so that the power of it can be applied through the law of attraction)

Here is the link to our class's forum discussions. Please feel free to come check it out and to post any thoughts or ideas you may have:
http://transparency.phpbb9.com/mod-discussions-f8/
And the link to our blog:
http://transparenteyeballers.blogspot.com/

#2    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

I don't know about what we want .... other wise I'd be in a very different position.

but what we fear ? well , I always feared growing up to be like my mother .... and now I can see hints of her in me. lol

#3    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:36 AM

This should be common knowledge by now.

#4    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

Soph Hsiang on May 26 2009, 05:54 AM, said:

Hey everyone

I am Sophia and I am currently a sophomore student at National Experimental High School in Hsin Chu in Taiwan. Throughout this school year, we have been discussion the essence, inner being with relation to the law of attraction. We have been engaged in forum discussions to communicate our ideas and thoughts and it is my turn to post my questions for this week. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me find an answer or suggestions to my questions regarding the inner being, true spirituality and the law of attraction.

As we have discussed in class, there are 3 domains in which the connection to the universal being exists. Firstly, we live in the localized consciousness, which is where the ego mind and essence exists together to guide us through our everyday lives. Then there is the intuition and instinct region, where spontaneity occurs and our souls can connect with the universal soul. The nonlocalized/ virtual domain is where the consciousness, universal being and higher intelligence exists.
We also know that we are in control of everything that happens in our lives and that thoughts can be put into action to create reality. The power of thought allows us to transcend limitations of this world and we have power over our circumstances. The law of attraction allows us to make thoughts become reality and to override what is determined by "fate".

So here is my question:
If the essence and true spirituality possess the inner connections with the universal being, can we use this connection to make the law of attraction work?

According to The Secret, we are supposed to be able to gain what we want if we want it bad enough, in the good way, and therefore make our thoughts manifest to come true through the attraction forces of the universe. Therefore, Is it possible to want something materialistic in the "right way"? (As in not wanting too much that it would completely consume you but enough so that the power of it can be applied through the law of attraction)

Here is the link to our class's forum discussions. Please feel free to come check it out and to post any thoughts or ideas you may have:

The answer to your question is yes.  
But first, I want to thank you, Sophia.  A wonderful question from a wonderful mind.
The law of attraction also has its opposite and there is a point where the resistance of the attraction will cease and that begins the other way; the law of repulsion.  
The law of attraction will affect you the same as the law of repulsion.
It just goes a different way.

The universe does its own thing.

It is me!

#5    Soph Hsiang

Soph Hsiang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

A large part of our everyday lives is emotions. Everything is surrounded by emotions because we are simply people with feelings and reactions to things. The Secret mentions that GRATITUDE is a huge part of the Law of Attraction. Because having gratitude for what we already own will alter our perspectives onto life and the material objects significantly.
Many people have talked about having the correct mindset and perspectives, which will lead you to become satified with what you have already, therefore eliminating the need to pursue more material objects. But how exactly do we know when a want stems from the ego mind or the inner being? Where is that line or boundary for when something is wanted in the right way for the right purposes, and when we desire something excessively? We want to be able to control our ego minds and therefore exercise our desires for the material world, but how exactly do we do that? If the ego mind is so loud and overpowers the voice of the inner being, how can we hear it or connect with it to understand the truest desires of the essence? The ego mind is LOUD and extremely difficult to control, so how do we control it so that its desires dont over ride the needs of the inner being?

Be sure to check out our class's forum discussions. Please feel free to come and post any thoughts or ideas you may have:
http://transparency.phpbb9.com/mod-discussions-f8
http://transparenteyeballers.blogspot.com

#6    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

Soph Hsiang on May 26 2009, 06:54 AM, said:

Hey everyone

Depends on the attraction.  Is it sexual attraction?  Intellectual attraction?  Animal attraction?  Selfish attraction?

I wish we were in control of everything that happens, but the amount of control anyone has is very little.  Someone pulls a gun and shoots you, you didn't have any control over them.  Your immediate body is only under your own control for as long as the outside world "allows" you to.  That doesn't mean one doesn't have control over their spirit, or their own mind, or their own soul.  If I wanted bad enough for good things to happen, unless I personally do something to force those good things to happen, they won't.  Now if there is opposition that tries to make bad things happen, my efforts to make good things happen will either fail or become a stalemate.  Thought itself is only as powerful as the synapses that course through your body.  That's not to say "fate" doesn't exist, but to think people could determine the course of fate is like a drop of the dice.  Totally random.

So here is my question:

I want to find love.  I want to find it in another person outside of myself.  I want it more than anything else in the world.  Do I want to be loved?  Not important.  Other people are important.  I'd even give my life over and commit the ultimate sacrifice of my dying to give love to humanity.  But wanting it, and reality is not the same thing.  Mankind is incapable of loving outside of themselves since they are selfish animals.  It's a sad truth, and no matter how much I may want the reverse, it won't happen.

Now I do believe in the desire to transcend above humanity, and the more you want it, the closer you can become.  Is that what you're talking about?

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#7    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

Soph Hsiang on May 28 2009, 08:18 AM, said:

A large part of our everyday lives is emotions. Everything is surrounded by emotions because we are simply people with feelings and reactions to things. The Secret mentions that GRATITUDE is a huge part of the Law of Attraction. Because having gratitude for what we already own will alter our perspectives onto life and the material objects significantly.
Many people have talked about having the correct mindset and perspectives, which will lead you to become satified with what you have already, therefore eliminating the need to pursue more material objects. But how exactly do we know when a want stems from the ego mind or the inner being? Where is that line or boundary for when something is wanted in the right way for the right purposes, and when we desire something excessively? We want to be able to control our ego minds and therefore exercise our desires for the material world, but how exactly do we do that? If the ego mind is so loud and overpowers the voice of the inner being, how can we hear it or connect with it to understand the truest desires of the essence? The ego mind is LOUD and extremely difficult to control, so how do we control it so that its desires dont over ride the needs of the inner being?

Be sure to check out our class's forum discussions. Please feel free to come and post any thoughts or ideas you may have:
http://transparency.phpbb9.com/mod-discussions-f8
http://transparenteyeballers.blogspot.com

Maybe that's my inner being.  The altruist.  Was I drawn to it, attracted to it?  Not that I'm aware of.  It simply happened, and became who I am.  The world is a passing thing, so materialistic desires are pointless.

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#8    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

A large part of our everyday lives is emotions
. Everything is surrounded by emotions because we are simply people with feelings and reactions to things. The Secret mentions that GRATITUDE is a huge part of the Law of Attraction.

I think everything is surrounded by AN emotion.  You visit one place and they are doing one thing.  You visit another, and they do another.  Gratitude defines the art of doing with what you have been given.

It is me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users