Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everyone must read this thread

AWJohn

Everyone listen up.... (NYC ABC 7 has covered this today aswell)

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

People are watching UPS and FEXED drop offs at houses or apartments where people are not home

UPS and vFEDEX simply drop off the boxes bought off line at the doorstep.... theifs walk up and grab the goods while the people aren't home.

I bought my son a $1500 Alienware laptop for christmas and it is gone. The company says they delivered it and now im out $1500

Everyone beware.

Eyewitness News - NYC 7 reported this today. People had cameras set up and black people walked up and stole boxes that delivery companies dropped off. What happens when you report it? The company says they dropped it off and thats that. If you have a video of the thief your in luck. No video like me means you lose the package and your money.

This opens a bigger discussion -- Should UPS leave packages (especially expensive packages) at the doorstep when no one answers?

I am very upset about this. Beware.

• Like 1

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

People are watching UPS and FEXED drop offs at houses or apartments where people are not home

UPS and vFEDEX simply drop off the boxes bought off line at the doorstep.... theifs walk up and grab the goods while the people aren't home.

I bought my son a $1500 Alienware laptop for christmas and it is gone. The company says they delivered it and now im out $1500

Everyone beware.

Eyewitness News - NYC 7 reported this today. People had cameras set up and black people walked up and stole boxes that delivery companies dropped off. What happens when you report it? The company says they dropped it off and thats that. If you have a video of the thief your in luck. No video like me means you lose the package and your money.

This opens a bigger discussion -- Should UPS leave packages (especially expensive packages) at the doorstep when no one answers?

If you bought it with a credit card some premium cards have purchase insurance

• Like 2

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

Everyone beware.

I'm sure you can have them drop it off at the nearest FedEx or UPS store. I occasionally have packages delivered to my office where I almost never am but if I leave a note they'll usually take it where you ask. Not sure if that's a common option(store drop off) while delivering but it's worth trying or at least making phone inquiry. Sorry about the loss though. That really sucks.

• Like 3

Or if you know anyone who owns a business like an office or a store front where somebody is always going to be at that could be a safe option. Or do you know anyone who lives in a decent apartment complex? Use their address and if they're not home they always deliver packages to the on site rental office in that case. Ok, I'm out of suggestions.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

Everyone beware.

Just black people huh?......Any white people, brown people, yellow people?

I ordered a couple of computers shipped through FedEx......They would not leave without a authorised signature. As far as I know, this is protocal for Fedex on certain items.

Alienware ( Dell ) would not send a computer with Fedex that could just be left on a door step, that I do know.

Also, anyone ordering things like this would typically have it insured. I know Dell will not send a expensive item without this option. Nor would they have it delivered without a signature ( authorised ).....To much liablility, and scams out there.

If no one is home, UPS and FedEx leave a " 1st notification " letter......They try 3 times to deliver, after that they leave a final note stating where to pick up the package.

Contact Dell, and they will replace it, as for sure they would have insured such a expensive item.......( they also would have demanded a signature authorized delivery )

If you are being honest.....

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

This is nothing new . Started about 3 years ago in huge way. Luckily,my neighbors are the nosiest bunch on the planet .Nothing goes on ,on this block without at least 2-3 neighbor's witnessing it .

On year ,a guy was trying to break into the garage of the guy across the street from me .

I didn't see it,but the guy three houses down from me did.

Took off after the guy with a baseball bat .He got nothing .

And its all kind of people doing it. My neighborhood is generally hit by white mafia types ,but we have had people come over the bridge from the Bronx ,and hit houses .Quite brutal those attacks ,but all kinds of people commit crimes .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

Everyone beware.

No courier should be leaving packages without a signature, or without consent of the intended recipient to do so.

If they do leave the package without either, well, that's just plain stupid.

I would think you have a legitimate claim against UPS. If not, it means every time they lose a package in transit, they can just say they delivered it to cover themselves.

Seems there's something wrong with this picture.

No courier should be leaving packages without a signature, or without consent of the intended recipient to do so.

I would think you have a legitimate claim against UPS. If not, it means every time they lose a package in transit, they can just say they delivered it to cover themselves.

It depends .Some packages require signatures ,some do not. It usually depends upon who sent it ,and how diligent they are about monitoring their deliveries .

My ups guy leaves my stuff with my neighbor ,and notes that .

USPS requires no,signature ,and fed ex is like ups. Some do need it,some don't .

I think UPS/Fedex should have to pay for it. They are suppose to get a signature. Was it insured?

Nosy neighbors do come in handy.

Thieves are the big downfall of ordering stuff on line.

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

Everyone beware.

Dell/Alienware require a signature for any computer delivery.

If FedEx/UPS just left it at the door, they are responsible.

HOLIDAY THEFTS:

Everyone beware.

That is very upsetting and it is never right to take what doesn't belong to you, but I would have bought insurance for a purchase that large. Also, you can leave a note telling them you do not want it left if no one is home and they will take it to your local post office for pickup.

This happened last year somewhere in my state. It was on the news. I can't recall what happened. |:

Guessing there was something more that got the thief's attention. After all they're not going to spend days on end watching a house, hoping that something valuble will be randomly dropped off.

• Like 1

Guessing there was something more that got the thief's attention. After all they're not going to spend days on end watching a house, hoping that something valuble will be randomly dropped off.

I think it was made clear that these thieves just follow delivery trucks around and watch to see what happens when they knock on the door. My hunch is that this is fake and much of the news stories are fake too. I think it's more of a friendly PSA. Mr. OP? I'm not trying to discredit your character but you only have 4 posts, haven't been back for comment and aside from an irresponsible delivery guy we have come up with every logical reason why this shouldn't have happened. I think the only things they will leave is something that can fit in your mailbox or between your entry and screen door.

What I do to avoid this is just put a note on the door for the delivery man.

It says

"The door is unlocked, just go on in and put my package next to my big screen tv, blank checks, and piles of money"

:innocent:

• Like 1

Dell/Alienware require a signature for any computer delivery.

If FedEx/UPS just left it at the door, they are responsible.

I said that on page 1....I think everyone on UM has me on ignore :)

Well, not me. :st

Pesonally, I have had ti sugn each and every time I received something through a courier.

• Like 1

This kind of stuff has been going on for a while, there have been allegations/speculations that some delivery drivers are in on it; they give accomplices their delivery routes, so that they can be close by, they call or text accomplices the drop off addresses of what looks to be valuable and or where they dropped off and no one was home. In some instances deliberately leaving packages by curbside residential mail boxes instead of walking them to the door so they can easily be grabbed by said accomplices.

Well, not me. :st

Pesonally, I have had ti sugn each and every time I received something through a courier.

So have I, and thank you :)

Not at all. Your **** is just so good that we repeat it and hope folks credit us for it.

Not at all. Your **** is just so good that we repeat it and hope folks credit us for it.

I would not want credit for anything....

It is the " why do people not read previous replies" thing to me is all. ( especially if it is under 16 replies )

Not saying you did not, just saying.... :blush: