Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Worst Conspiracy Theorist

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#31    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostCorp, on 11 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Alex Jones ranks up there, largely because he has such a huge following who he has convinced he's the only source of "truth" out there and yet seem blind to all the lies and crazy stuff he's put out there.

What lies did he tell? Is he dishonest, or does he just put forth mistaken personal opinions as definite unquestionable facts?

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#32    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 12 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

What lies did he tell? Is he dishonest, or does he just put forth mistaken personal opinions as definite unquestionable facts?

He claims that chemicals used to make juice boxes are turning people gay in a secret effort to lower the population. That's right, gay people are an evil government plot. He's claimed that all vaccines, not just modern ones but all of them, are designed to kill people and are evil. He's also made dozens of claims that false flag terrorist attacks are only "months away" and yet nothing happens. He's also made a lot of other predictions and claims that haven't happened. I'm not sure if he's outright lying or if he's just ignoring certain facts and making wild claims but both end with him misleading people to suit his own needs. Would think that after terrorist attacks fail to happened for the fifth time in a row that people would see that Jones isn't really on the ball.

Another thing that gets me is that some say the MSM is all about keeping the population scared and thus shouldn't be trusted. And yet Alex Jones is nothing but fear. As least the media networks put in some nice stories and aren't always screaming at us to be terrified.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#33    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,764 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Sounds to me that the virtually unlimited freedom of the press found in the United States has its dark side.

#34    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,181 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postturbonium, on 11 February 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

If so, then you should get exactly what you'd deserve for that crime.

If I really went to the moon, I wouldn't blow a gasket if some loudmouthed goofball called me a liar, thief, or whatever. I mean, it's really just sticks and stones, isn't it? I know I'm not a liar. I wouldn't get riled up or go 'postal' on him,   I'd be irritated, sure. But not steaming mad.   

And I'd certainly never threaten to kill someone because he called me a liar, etc. That's outright lunatic behavior. Who would say such a thing? Someone who is very scared.
What, he's been accused of having lived a lie for 40 years or more, of being part of the great Government Coverup Conspiracy, of having (effectively)  become a celebrity, and lived off the fame, for 40+ years, as a complete fraud, and you wouldn't let that rile you? really? And then some nut, who's no doubt been hassling him for years and years and years, telling him that he's a liar for years and years, pops up yet again and says exactly the same thing, you'd just shrug it aside with a wry smile? Like the theme music to Top Gun, the conspiracy industry really does take my breath away sometimes.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#35    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,181 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostLilly, on 11 February 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Just to add my personal 2 cents here; David Icke and his Reptilians are the silliest conspiracy IMO.
i know they should be regarded as reprehensible* for fleecing the gullible & so on, but I don't really mind people like Icke** and Hoagland, they may have a different... way of looking at things than some, or perhaps most, but they're different from those who (like e.g. the 'Moon Hoax') are effectively acccusing people who most people regard as very great heroes, as i said above, of being frauds and of claiming to have been something they haven't. That just seems disrespectful to me. As far as the 9/11 conspiracists go, I do think that they (mostly) do believe that a great wrong was committed, and want to see justice done, so i can see why they'd argue so passionately, even if i don't necessarily agree with them.
* or reptilian
** yes, it's true; i like Icke
:unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#36    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostCorp, on 12 February 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

He claims that chemicals used to make juice boxes are turning people gay in a secret effort to lower the population. That's right, gay people are an evil government plot. He's claimed that all vaccines, not just modern ones but all of them, are designed to kill people and are evil. He's also made dozens of claims that false flag terrorist attacks are only "months away" and yet nothing happens. He's also made a lot of other predictions and claims that haven't happened. I'm not sure if he's outright lying or if he's just ignoring certain facts and making wild claims but both end with him misleading people to suit his own needs. Would think that after terrorist attacks fail to happened for the fifth time in a row that people would see that Jones isn't really on the ball.

Another thing that gets me is that some say the MSM is all about keeping the population scared and thus shouldn't be trusted. And yet Alex Jones is nothing but fear. As least the media networks put in some nice stories and aren't always screaming at us to be terrified.

Thanks for providing the specific examples. One has to ask if he's dishonest *or* mistaken. I'm not a regular listener of his show. I caught him on another show. He needs to take it down a notch or two. He makes great points at times, but they're drowned by his theatrics. He puts his own interpretation on *true* stories. That seems to be his method. Person A does or says something that is well documented. Jones then says that it can't be denied because sources prove it, and he's right. He then puts his own spin on the documented facts. That said, he brings important incidents to our awareness, and that's a great thing when the MSM is a joke.

#37    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 12 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

What lies did he tell?

Did you not listen to his Y2K broadcast?

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#38    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 13 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

One has to ask if he's dishonest *or* mistaken.

All of the above, and then some more.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#39    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

DONNY GILLSON!

#40    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,265 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Anyone familiar with Jim Corr (he of "The Corrs" fame)?

I'm from the same part of the world as he is and have met his sisters of "The Corrs" fame.  I know family members who follow him on Facebook and/or Twitter because they know him personally or share common friends and he is clearly barely tethered to reality.  I've heard he regularly updates about 'chemtrail' planes flying over Ireland.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#41    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Too many for me in which to choose.

They are all as bad as each other.
If the question was 'Who is the most entertaining conspiracy theorist?' then that'd be less difficult to answer.

:tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#42    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 12 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

As far as the 9/11 conspiracists go, I do think that they (mostly) do believe that a great wrong was committed, and want to see justice done, so i can see why they'd argue so passionately, even if i don't necessarily agree with them.
* or reptilian
** yes, it's true; i like Icke

As far as the 9/11 troothers go, the pure, unadulterated stupidity p***es me off. Reading 9/11 troothers feels like being bukkaked with pure stupidity. While Alex Jones and David Icke at least have some entertainment value, I find that sadly missing with the troothers.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#43    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostRaptorBites, on 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

What lies did he tell?

Did you not listen to his Y2K broadcast?

I didn't even know who he was back then. LOL I came late to the conspiracy game.

#44    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,771 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 14 February 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Anyone familiar with Jim Corr (he of "The Corrs" fame)?

I'm from the same part of the world as he is and have met his sisters of "The Corrs" fame.  I know family members who follow him on Facebook and/or Twitter because they know him personally or share common friends and he is clearly barely tethered to reality.  I've heard he regularly updates about 'chemtrail' planes flying over Ireland.

You're a lucky lad. Corr is quite cute, and his sisters ain't bad, either. I'm kidding. I'm really and truly straight. In any event, thanks for the information about Jim. I didn't know that about him. I hope that he's more lucid than Randy Quaid or Charlie Sheen. Of course, I must admit that they sounded believable on a few You Tube clips.

#45    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,053 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Has anyone mentioned Nancy Lieder yet? Not so much a CT'er, just a doomsday quack. They both feed on irrational fear though so they must be of the same species.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users