Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

random question

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    Sheep Say Meep

Sheep Say Meep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Would you be more likely to become a ghost if you died a certain way?

#2    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

no because ghosts are not real, when you die thats it

TCB

#3    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm sure I'd become a ghost if one day I die while being at the stripclub. Haunting a stripclub, how great would that be ??

Seriously ghosts are not real and simply a creation of our brain/imagination, don't worry about it.

#4    Sheep Say Meep

Sheep Say Meep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

What if when you die, some energy isn't transformed and remains behind, and thats what we think of as ghosts? Maybe ghosts are just the remnants of someone, but not actually beings that are still capable of thought, freewill, etc...

#5    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostSheep Say Meep, on 22 July 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

What if when you die, some energy isn't transformed and remains behind, and thats what we think of as ghosts? Maybe ghosts are just the remnants of someone, but not actually beings that are still capable of thought, freewill, etc...

Possible, even a skeptic like me will agree. However since we have no evidence that this could be true ( can't believe that we have still no evidence that ghosts are real yet we are in 2012 ) then I strongly believe that ghosts are nothing more than a creation of our brain and nothing else. Believers can say what they want, the truth is that we still don't have any evidence that Ghosts are remnants of dead human beings.

#6    Sheep Say Meep

Sheep Say Meep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Alright, but if ghosts are just a creation of our brain, how would that explain events where several people witness the same ghost phenomena? Or how about when its recorded (audio/ video)?

#7    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,489 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

A popular theory has it that the spirits of those who've died violently remain on earth until justice has been served or they've received a decent burial. This may, of coruse, have its origins in times when everyone believed that it was essential to receive he last rites and be absovled of one's Sins, and that if one didn't have the chance to do that then one remained in Limbo until things could be sorted out.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    St. Jimmy

St. Jimmy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I believe that ghosts are remains of dead person's energy. And if I die I'll probably be the funny ghost who hides someone's keys under the bed and everything. I'm sure I have one in my room... can't find my keys for anything.

#9    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Never underestimate the power of the human brain, young friend. And what about mass hysteria ?? or Electromagnetic fields ?? I agree, cases where more than on person allegedly saw a ghost are the most interesting, sadly I don't recall one showing without a doubt that Hauntings are real.

About audio/video: Please name me one credible case where we can be sure that a Ghost(s) was caught on tape or where we can be sure that a spirit's voice was recorded ?? Sorry, there's none. A lot of the so-called "legendary" cases of Ghost being caught on film are not credible, either hoaxes or mistaken witnesses.

Just how I see this. I've read about alleged hauntings since I'm 14 years old, I still haven't read one single credible story showing me that Ghosts/Hauntings are real.

#10    fran123

fran123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I think if you take your own life, in other words go before you are meant to, then you are more likely to remain in some form or other, obviously not as a living person. I have experienced a haunting myself, caused by a suicide, and from what I have heard this is not uncommon. Anyone else had a simliar experience?

#11    Sheep Say Meep

Sheep Say Meep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostSt. Jimmy, on 22 July 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I believe that ghosts are remains of dead person's energy. And if I die I'll probably be the funny ghost who hides someone's keys under the bed and everything. I'm sure I have one in my room... can't find my keys for anything.

But what kind of energy? Their thoughts? Emotions? And how can these remain, and become separate from the body?

A lot of people lose their keys...

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,489 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the human brain, young friend. And what about mass hysteria ?? or Electromagnetic fields ?? I agree, cases where more than on person allegedly saw a ghost are the most interesting, sadly I don't recall one showing without a doubt that Hauntings are real.
Interesting you should mention Electromognatic fields. It's another of my theories (backed up by absolutely no scientific proof at all :D) that a whole range of phenomenomenana (Ghosts, perhaps some Cryptids, maybe some UFO sightings) might all be some kind of manifestation of the same phenomena; a product of some kind of localised electromagnetic anomaly, or, if you like, a disturbance in the Force. Different peopel may well see it in different ways according to their expectations or their particular area of interest (some people might interpret it as a Ghost, someone else as a mysterious Animals, or someone else as a UFO, for instance). (or a Skeptic might call it Plasma.) But there is something that they see, something external and not just inside their Head. And this something may have some kind of intelligence behind it; all these things do often seem to interact with people or behave in ways that suggest an intelligence behind it.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#13    Sheep Say Meep

Sheep Say Meep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 22 July 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

About audio/video: Please name me one credible case where we can be sure that a Ghost(s) was caught on tape or where we can be sure that a spirit's voice was recorded ?? Sorry, there's none. A lot of the so-called "legendary" cases of Ghost being caught on film are not credible, either hoaxes or mistaken witnesses.

Just how I see this. I've read about alleged hauntings since I'm 14 years old, I still haven't read one single credible story showing me that Ghosts/Hauntings are real.

Well its not mass hysteria if everyone saw it at the same moment. I'll look into it though, I do realize there're a lot of hoaxes but in my opinion some of them have to be real.

#14    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,489 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postfran123, on 22 July 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I think if you take your own life, in other words go before you are meant to, then you are more likely to remain in some form or other, obviously not as a living person. I have experienced a haunting myself, caused by a suicide, and from what I have heard this is not uncommon. Anyone else had a simliar experience?
Yes, that's a theory that rather goes with the idea of 'going before they were supposed to', and again, for the same reason, that they didn't have time to be prepared properly for the journey into the Hereafter.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#15    Sheep Say Meep

Sheep Say Meep

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Post747400, on 22 July 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Interesting you should mention Electromognatic fields. It's another of my theories (backed up by absolutely no scientific proof at all :D) that a whole range of phenomenomenana (Ghosts, perhaps some Cryptids, maybe some UFO sightings) might all be some kind of manifestation of the same phenomena; a product of some kind of localised electromagnetic anomaly, or, if you like, a disturbance in the Force. Different peopel may well see it in different ways according to their expectations or their particular area of interest (some people might interpret it as a Ghost, someone else as a mysterious Animals, or someone else as a UFO, for instance). (or a Skeptic might call it Plasma.) But there is something that they see, something external and not just inside their Head. And this something may have some kind of intelligence behind it; all these things do often seem to interact with people or behave in ways that suggest an intelligence behind it.

Still... what would that intelligent thing/ entity be? Are you thinking extradimensional? extraterrestrial?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users