Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

men, what would you think?

freetoroam

Watched a film this morning about the birth of christ. It showed Joseph being offered a rock to throw at Mary as the village believed she was an adulteress, He refused because he was so madly in love with her so hence the Mary / God bit.

I would like to ask what would happen today in this situation? To the men out there here is the scenario:

your wife tells you she is pregnant, you were away on business at the time she would have fallen pregnant, she is adamant she has not slept with another man. you are told by everyone to divorce her but you love her so much and can not bare to lose her....do you:

A: tell the jewish community their messiah is on its way

B: tell the christians they have the wrong man,

C: go on Jeremy Kyle.

• Like 1

I'd leave anyone who cheated on me. I don't buy the "God did it" excuse in other instances, why should I now?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

I'd leave anyone who cheated on me. I don't buy the "God did it" excuse in other instances, why should I now?

Do you have Jeremy kyle in Australia, you can get 500 quid to go on it here, but i do believe you have to be on the dole first, have a tattoo on your neck and live in tracksuits.

• Like 2

Jesus looked alot like Abdoul

which one, the Prime Minister of Senegal or the footballer?

D: Strangle her and blame it on Satan.

who is this satan dude and will he be up for doing a DNA test?

Well, if Mary was anything like my wife.. I'd say, so.. your telling me an Angel came to you and explained how this happened ? Ok honey, whatever you say. ...(goes outside to play his guitar)

• Like 3

If my wife was like Mary, the Mother of Jesus, then i'd love my children more!! :)

Nice.

But what will you tell the world? is he the new messiah? will you require special privileges for him, say at school or the doctors or at KFC?

Watched a film this morning about the birth of christ. It showed Joseph being offered a rock to throw at Mary as the village believed she was an adulteress, He refused because he was so madly in love with her so hence the Mary / God bit.

I would like to ask what would happen today in this situation? To the men out there here is the scenario:

your wife tells you she is pregnant, you were away on business at the time she would have fallen pregnant, she is adamant she has not slept with another man. you are told by everyone to divorce her but you love her so much and can not bare to lose her....do you:

A: tell the jewish community their messiah is on its way.

B: tell the christians they have the wrong man,

C: go on Jeremy Kyle.

A: tell the jewish community their messiah is on its way. ... nah, just move away , quietly.

B: tell the christians they have the wrong man, ... no christians to worry about yet.

C: go on Jeremy Kyle. .. no, hit the road with Jesus and put on Fish, Bread, and Wine banquets for BIG bucks!

First and foremost I'd insist on medical tests to make sure it's a normal, healthy pregnancy. If it is normal, then I'd ask to have a DNA test. That last one should be the clincher weather or not the child is of "Divine Intervention". Either the father is a human male, or the little tyke is a medical anomaly (if I'm not mistaken, parthenogenesis cannot happen in humans). I would also ask my wife to seek psychological therapy.

If my wife were refuse to participate with any of the above then I would have to conclude that she is either lying or is suffering from some psychological disorder.

Whatever the case, I would not run out and start proclaiming that the child is the next messiah.

But since I'm not married I don't have anything to worry about.

Right?

Jesus looked alot like Abdoul

Abdoul isn't the only one.

Osama-Holo-Jesus.jpg

Since God/Angels spoke to Joseph also, I'd expect the same to happen here, so either the male parent would think he is going insane also, or he'd believe the angels also.

What would happen in Chicago, New York, Miami or San Francisco if someone pronounced their wife was with someone elses child???? Nothing would happen. It happens hundreds, maybe thousands of times a day. Cheating happens constantly these days, it is not the crime it used to be.

Personally, I'd say nothing, because that is what God asked of Joseph.

• Like 1

D. Ask her to tell the truth.

After the truth was out and the reasons behind it then I could decide whether or not I would want to pursue the relationship or end it.

If she tried to claim it was divine intervention I would leave her in a heartbeat.

Edit: Whether she seriously believed it was divine intervention or whether she was lying are equally bad pretty much.

Edited by Timonthy

well if God sends an angel to say "the kid's God's, do you really want to p*** off the kid's dad?" and then raise the boy like my own.

• Like 1

well if God sends an angel to say "the kid's God's, do you really want to p*** off the kid's dad?" and then raise the boy like my own.

You should demand some kinda child support too. You'd think God would show a better example to us pilgrims than being an absent-parent.

punch her and kill the 'son' of god, become the new god. PROVE IT WASNT GOD! ATHIESTS:0 ZARA:1

punch her and kill the 'son' of god, become the new god. PROVE IT WASNT GOD! ATHIESTS:0 ZARA:1

Lol! Going to make sure I never do anything to offend you if I see you about.

Nice.

But what will you tell the world? is he the new messiah? will you require special privileges for him, say at school or the doctors or at KFC?

Maybe i'd convince this new Messiah to make Goody's and Mcdonald's food healthier. But, He would never ask for special treatment!! :) Edited by CuriousGreek