Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question for believers.

orangepeaceful79

This is a question for the believers in the group mostly. Which cryptids (if any) DON'T you believe in? Why?

I would say the Jersey Devil because there is no photo of it and there is no evidence of any animal or demon that exists.

• Like 1

The hyrax that can imitate anything, even apparently human speech.

Basically I'd question everything except for Hairy Guys and that's because of first hand experience with them.

Edited by Tia

Jersey devil, the discriptions sound too much like a large bat or owl. there are many that I don't believe are real animals, but more like interdimensional beings coming and going.

• Like 1

Id have to say the most famous one I dont believe in is the Loch ness monster. Theres only so many places that thing can hide and we havent found it.

Id have to say the most famous one I dont believe in is the Loch ness monster. Theres only so many places that thing can hide and we havent found it.

You should find it interesting to google Loc ness in scottland and ocean underground tunnel system in America and all over the world, and or Ancient Native American Indian Legends.

The Loc ness has been around and if it exist,which could be the shapeshifters, this Loc ness may have family and there may be more than one.

I think there have been sightings in SF Bay, too.

Check YouTube!

You should find it interesting to google Loc ness in scottland and ocean underground tunnel system in America and all over the world, and or Ancient Native American Indian Legends.

The Loc ness has been around and if it exist,which could be the shapeshifters, this Loc ness may have family and there may be more than one.

I think there have been sightings in SF Bay, too.

Check YouTube!

Say what now? This thread isn't to debate cryptids, just to find out if there are any that people don't find credible enough to believe in.

I question chupacabra (as a distinct species and not a miss-identification).

While I would like to believe in most lake monsters (nessie, champ, oggopogo, etc.) I have a hard time overcoming the objections (mainly food supply limits, minimum population density, and the fact that if they are not fish of some sort, they would need to breach the surface to breath much more often and thus be seen a lot more than they are).

I'm going with Jersey Devil, Mothman, Loveland Frog etc.

But I know of one cryptid that definitely exists. The little goblin who keeps messing up the house every time I turn my back. He likes raiding the fridge too. *sigh* good thing I love the li'l devil.

• Like 1

This is a question for the believers in the group mostly. Which cryptids (if any) DON'T you believe in? Why?

Excellent topic Orange.

And I applaud the honesty of any believer who replies. As a non-believer, I find it fascinating what people choose to believe in or not.

For example, some people in my circle don't believe in Bigfoot, yet choose to believe in the big guy upstairs. Yet, both entities have appeared throughout recorded history for roughly the same length of time (albiet, Bigfoot was described as a wildman in some past cultures). I would even argue that there is more proof for the existence of Bigfoot than an almighty deity. "Footers" can at least point to some grainy footage and footprints. What can the deists offer as proof - the sky above us?

• Like 2

Excellent topic Orange.

And I applaud the honesty of any believer who replies. As a non-believer, I find it fascinating what people choose to believe in or not.

For example, some people in my circle don't believe in Bigfoot, yet choose to believe in the big guy upstairs. Yet, both entities have appeared throughout recorded history for roughly the same length of time (albiet, Bigfoot was described as a wildman in some past cultures). I would even argue that there is more proof for the existence of Bigfoot than an almighty deity. "Footers" can at least point to some grainy footage and footprints. What can the deists offer as proof - the sky above us?

Thanks. I just thought it would be interesting to see the diversity in beliefs. I think that our separate camps, skeptics and believers, tend to polarize the other side, lumping them all together under one umbrella or another. I just figured that there was probably more of a spectrum of belief and wanted to see if I was right. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.

I believe in possibilities, not necessarily absolutes. Still I guess that makes me a believer on a certain level.

IMO the majority of the Asian and African cryptids seem to be much more a spiritual metaphor than tales of an actual creature. (Mokele mbembe being the exception)

As for the majors: BF,Yeti, Nessie, iliamna lake monster, heck even el Chupacabra (as originally described not the mangy K9's) all seem to be possibilities based on historical, anthropological and eyewitness testimony IMO.

• Like 1

Yes, awesome subject..

As I grew up I thought it was strange to have such a living thing on the land of this world... Kinda scary!

But as I've read so much history, and stumbled upon the many different views of our secret socities it has given me a different view and a wider range of sure possibilities where these things can very much exist.

It is important to keep our minds open for these mere possibilities that can be a reality.

One thing I know today is we are living a fantasy life right now, and our past and our future are the true realities in our time.

Because of the possibility of ET or UFO sitings and their existence we have to wonder are they here already? Have they been here? Do they come and go?

These bigfoots, Yeti's, sausquach... They could be Alien's protecting a magical land where the Lumerian beings live.

They are supposedly the survivors of the Atomic war 13,500 years ago between Lumeria and Atlantis. That is when the continents divided.

The Sierra Desert is dead because of that Bomb.

So to me It's interesting that this planet has already been smart enough to build that and end up using it. To me it seems the Aliens are the ones sharing the information all

through time.

So, yes. It is possible 100% these things exist. Only because a certain path of our History points in this direction!

There are many mysteries in our World, and it's not all accounted for until the puzzle pieces fall together.

It does have a lot to do with the past 4,000 years of our history....and of course it goes back to the beginning of time.

Hyroglifics galore in Egyptian and many Native tribes explaining UFO intelligence.

Also,

The bible mentions Chariots of Fire a few times!

Take Care!!!

George Washington,

Ben Franklin,

Thomas Jefferson,

Thomas Paine to name a few were Diest.

Believing in things in the outer realm. Not believing in any certain religion.

All for good cause, too. Because what if that's true?

These were men who started off our country. And our country is huge on religion.

And speaks of the Fallen Angels.

All these things point to Alien involvement and with this in the

Yes, awesome subject..

As I grew up I thought it was strange to have such a living thing on the land of this world... Kinda scary!

But as I've read so much history, and stumbled upon the many different views of our secret socities it has given me a different view and a wider range of sure possibilities where these things can very much exist.

It is important to keep our minds open for these mere possibilities that can be a reality.

One thing I know today is we are living a fantasy life right now, and our past and our future are the true realities in our time.

Because of the possibility of ET or UFO sitings and their existence we have to wonder are they here already? Have they been here? Do they come and go?

These bigfoots, Yeti's, sausquach... They could be Alien's protecting a magical land where the Lumerian beings live.

They are supposedly the survivors of the Atomic war 13,500 years ago between Lumeria and Atlantis. That is when the continents divided.

The Sierra Desert is dead because of that Bomb.

So to me It's interesting that this planet has already been smart enough to build that and end up using it. To me it seems the Aliens are the ones sharing the information all

through time.

So, yes. It is possible 100% these things exist. Only because a certain path of our History points in this direction!

There are many mysteries in our World, and it's not all accounted for until the puzzle pieces fall together.

It does have a lot to do with the past 4,000 years of our history....and of course it goes back to the beginning of time.

Hyroglifics galore in Egyptian and many Native tribes explaining UFO intelligence.

Also,

The bible mentions Chariots of Fire a few times!

Take Care!!!

George Washington,

Ben Franklin,

Thomas Jefferson,

Thomas Paine to name a few were Diest.

Believing in things in the outer realm. Not believing in any certain religion.

All for good cause, too. Because what if that's true?

These were men who started off our country. And our country is huge on religion.

And speaks of the Fallen Angels.

All these things point to Alien involvement and with this in the

Having an open mind is a good thing, so long as your mind isn't so open that your brain falls out on the floor.

• Like 1

Personally, I consider myself to be "open" on the subject.......however the more I look into it the more I'm very skeptical.

Me too, I agree, but crazy as it is...

: )

For fun google Mt. Shasta, California, Lumeria, Lumerians,

Or

Google:

Lumeria and Atlantis

We've all heard of Atlantis....

check that out...

Secret entrances found in the Mountain very well blocked off and I think them big hairy things protect that place.... The entrances.

Or they are fakes, and wear costumes to hoax the public!

• 3 weeks later...

The Loch Ness Monster and the Jersey Devil are the two that I have no faith in. I'm kind of torn with a few of the others, though, like the mokele-mbembe and Bigfoot.

I am still yet to find ANY cryptid or anything of such nature (Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, ect.) that I do not believe in

Caddy and Yowie : Maned horse-headed sea serpent and Yowie, Autralian great ape among Marsupial dominating fauna.

most of them...

Bigfoot im a fan of, Large bipedal apes in general. I like the idea we are not the only species that realised the advantage of upright movement and it all seems biologically, Environmentally and historically possible that they could exist.

I've always like chupacabra....the real chupa, you know the original stories before it all turned into dogs with mange? but whether i believe them or not i don't know, some of the physical evidence is pretty interesting.

I was born slightly before the generations who were subjected to CGI werewolf and vampire movies so i understood those as mere myth and fantasy early on having been taught about the origin of the legends as a kid. the belief in them now by so many is beyond my comprehension. The mothman/Loveland frog/Jersey devil are all just local legends that have captured imaginations and spiralled out of control as with many others.

although go back 6 or 7 years and i believed most of them aside from vampires, werewolves and fairies...you know the more mainstream monsters. It still fascinates me to see people falling for unicorn hoaxes lol

I am suspicious of (a) copycat cryptids, (B) cryptids that have been generated since the mass use of the internet and © cryptids that lack the backing of long term regional folklore. (These three distinctions are interrelated.)

By `copycat crytptids` - and, incidentally I hate the term cryptid and am only using it for convenience sake! - are more or less overt attempts made to recreate some more established cryptid in another part of the world. So for example, any claim that there is a flesh and blood bipedal man-like ape within the British Isles can be dismissed out of hand.

Internet generated cryptids include, for example, the so-called `slender man`: I saw through that one in about ten seconds flat for the simple reason that in all my years of reading on the subject, prior to the mass use of the internet, I had never encountered it before.

It is significant that both of the above examples lack any grounding in local folklore( and, unlike most sceptics I take folklore very seriously, believing it to be a sort of orally sustained knowledge bank, however embellished it may be.)

I think vampires and werewolves and such spectral things as the Mothman should be treated as possible parapsychological phenomena rather than anything physical - which is to say that I do not discount the possibility that there might be something in them, but that they belong in the Ghost section.

I cling desperately to the hope that there might be some sort of exotic Loch Ness Monster, despite all the mounting evidence to the contrary. It is the star of my home country - at least until Scotland gets its independence!

Broadening the issue out to the unexplained in general: when it comes to Conspiracy theories then I suddenly morph into an Orangepeaceful.That is to say: I think man HAS landed on the moon, the governments of the world DON'T know (much) about UFO's, September the 11th WAS a Fundamentalist inspired terrorist attack, Diana DID die in a car crash and -most importantly but most sadly - the systematic mass murder of Jews and gypsies DID happen in Germany in the 1940's.

Edited by U. N.Owen

Men in Black (MIB), I think they are real and as unexplained as the rest of the cryptids listed.