Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Songs to play at your funeral?

Ashotep

Sorry if this question is a little morbid but someday when you die what songs do you want played at your funeral? Traditional or something newer and different.

I would like:

Dust in the Wind by Kansas

Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum

If you are like me and want something a little different you aren't alone.

Adele, Frank Sinatra among top funeral songs

I don't think I'll have anything played. I don't think anyone will come to my funeral anyway.

If possible, I'd just let my actions in life speak for me at my funeral instead of a song.

Dust in the Wind by Kansas

Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum

I haven't heard those songs, maybe I'll give them a listen.

• Like 1

I haven't heard any of those. Is that a bad sign?

Im a mule, and old...it would be a bad sign if you understood me

• Like 2

There was a few I thought about before, but at this moment in time I cannot think of them except this one these two

REM - Everybody Hurts

Aerosmith - Dream On

Edited by Jackofalltrades
  • Like 1

Im a mule, and old...it would be a bad sign if you understood me

I don't exactly know if I do or don't :unsure:

I just remembered, I won't have any songs played at my funeral, because it's not a Muslim practice. Isn't life funny? :lol:

:mellow: ...

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 1

I want Mozart's requiem played. Endless Numbered Days by Iron and Wine. 3 Rounds and a Sound by Blind Pilot. Let it Be by the Beatles. Songs of Farewell and Departure by HUM.

• Like 1

I would prefer a repeatable melody rather than a specific song if my relatives felt the need to give me a funeral. Possibly Simone's Theme.

• Like 1

I want a new Orleans jazz funeral . But if I had to pick songs....

Hmmmm,Trampled Underfoot and Gallows Pole, by led zeppelin .

Insects Rule My World ,by the sick ****s.

Pet Semetery ,by the Ramones

Freak of Nature,Silverchair

Bottom of Death Valley ,by Dir en grey

Scars ,by X Japan

One Way Ticket To Hell ,by The darkness

Devils Whorehouse,and All Hell Breaks Loose ,by The Misfits

Cinnamon Girl,Christian Woman ,and Blood and Fire ,by Type O Negative

I will have to make a comprehensive list

• Like 1

I want a new Orleans jazz funeral . But if I had to pick songs....

If I were to have a funeral I think that would be cool. As it is, I have strict orders not to have a funeral at all. They are torture, in my opinion. Buy a keg and have a celebration of my life in the Irish tradition.

• Like 2

If I were to have a funeral I think that would be cool. As it is, I have strict orders not to have a funeral at all. They are torture, in my opinion. Buy a keg and have a celebration of my life in the Irish tradition.

I've always wanted a new Orleans funeral . With Treme becoming popular ,at least my friends know what I'm talking about now. I have no direct next of kin . Distant cousins .

I'm very close to some of my friends,and I told them,if there aren't a bunch of black guys from NO,playing horns in front of my casket ,I will be seriously p***ed off.

And strict orders ? Someone's telling you how to do your own death ?

Funerals are for the living . It's to mourn ,tell stories ,celebrate who you are . That's not fair . If you want a kegger for your day,DO IT !

Our friend john ,wanted his ashes sprinkled on Kurt weils grave.

We took him,all the way up to this cemetery somewhere upstate ,and danced around Kurt weils grave .

We took some of John's ashes in turns ,with big spoons ,and sprinkled them ,where he wanted to be sprinkled .

Yes ,I am serious .

If people love you,they do it,because its what you wanted .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I've always wanted a new Orleans funeral . With Treme becoming popular ,at least my friends know what I'm talking about now. I have no direct next of kin . Distant cousins .

I'm very close to some of my friends,and I told them,if there aren't a bunch of black guys from NO,playing horns in front of my casket ,I will be seriously p***ed off.

And strict orders ? Someone's telling you how to do your own death ?

Funerals are for the living . It's to mourn ,tell stories ,celebrate who you are . That's not fair . If you want a kegger for your day,DO IT !

If people love you,they do it,because its what you wanted .

NO...those are my strict orders! Being an Athiest, I don't want some unknown preacher spouting Bible scriptures at a bored audience for an hour. That isn't who I am. I want to be cremated and my life to be celebrated...even roasted. Make fun of me and have a good time!

Edited by Michelle

An old friend of mine wanted "sit down next to me" by James.

She said thats exactly what youd be doing.

Not sure what id want at my own funeral, possibly "du hast" by Rammstein but having a nipper changes your outlook on these things.

NO...those are my strict orders! Being an Athiest, I don't want some unknown preacher spouting Bible scriptures at a bored audience for an hour. That isn't who I am. I want to be cremated and my life to be celebrated...even roasted. Make fun of me and have a good time!

Ohhh,well still ,you should do a party then . I don't want anyone saying rites over me . I've never actually contemplated that part of it.

Given I was born Catholic ,I should probably stipulate that .

I wouldn't mind someone painting a voodoo veve over my plot though .in whitewash .

Hmmm,yeah ....which veve is the question .Baron Samedi or Simbi ....hmmmm....

• Like 1

Mozart's Clarinet Concerto, Keith Jarret's Koln Concert, part I only, and the soundtrack from the first Muppets movie, of which I know all the lyrics to all the songs.

• Like 1

Always look on the bright side of life

So long and thanks for all the fish

Zombie jamboree.

Chumbawumba - Tubthumping

Welcome to the show Icp.

It's not gonna be in a church either it's gonna be at a party, celebrating the life I had.The only crying that should happen is from laughing to much. Now that I think about it.. It's actually more depressing to think about everybody crying about my death then myself dying...

• Like 1

• Like 2

Funeral For a Friend by Elton John

Yeah....should throw this one in too

I don't get the long list of songs people have... Who is going to hang around all day at a funeral, listening to the deceased top 40 ? lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1