Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does this have a name?

Agent Darkbootie

Lots of times, usually right around sunrise, I'll be going in and out of sleep. While I see myself getting up, using the bathroom, or pouring a cup of coffee, suddenly I'll open my eyes and realize I'm still in bed. Similarly, if I hear conversations or TV shows out in the living room, I'll see myself in the other room, watching, then suddenly snap awake again.

By the time I'm fully awake I'll realize it was all in my head, cause things will look weird, I'll see a light switch where it shouldn't be, etc. I was just wondering if this falls under a typical sleep-related category.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent Darkbootie

• chaoszerg

• eight bits

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like false awakening, that is, dreaming that you wake up. It's a searchable term, and fairly common event.

Check it out and see if that's your situation.

And welcome aboard.

-

Edited by eight bits

I have had dreams where I have woken up, gone about my daily business, then wake up and it was just a dream. One time though I had a scary one where I wake up, go about my normal day, wake up again to realise it was a dream, get up and start my day, wake up again, and again, and again, and again until I was really awake. It was very scary.

False awakening sounds right.

I have some odd dreaming habits. For a long time when things in my dreams have been too intense, I'd realize it's a dream and wake myself up. Lately in my dreams I've been getting annoyed at my voice coming out as a whisper, and I've woken myself up by trying to talk louder (once I woke up in the middle of the night shouting "Fire photon torpedoes!")