Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

time to disprove orbs...

punkmonkey123

ok... i am tired of people making fake photos... so i decided to make a fake orb picture to show how they are simple to be photoshopped... even without photoshop

thhis was made by a program called photofiltre, it is at www.photofiltre.com and is actually free

first of all, i decided to take a picture you geyt from a default my pictures file with windows XP

user posted image

and all i need to add are white dots to it

user posted image

doesnt seem like the pictures you've seen yet? a simple tool can make a big difference...

user posted image

so all i need is a simple smudge tool... doesnt it look more reallistic yet?

no?

well ill do more to it

user posted image

wow... all i needed was the old photagraphy effect

well its not the best i made... but its still pretty damn good for a 13 year old ;)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• punkmonkey123

• NoahJaymes

• ci8db4uok

• Alienated Being

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you understand what orbs are? There is no point in faking orbs since they mean nothing anyway.

Don't flatter yourself. I'm assuming that a nine year old could do that, if taught how to properly. Just so you know, dude, that doesn't prove that orbs are not a manifestation of spiritual entities. And orbs don't always look like that, either, mate.

You can't say that they are not ghosts, especially since you haven't any proper evidence of this.

:alien:

Nice attempt to disprove orbs, though. Haven't changed my mind one little bit.

that's your choice, but have you seem some orb pictures? they seem to be very primitive, so i do no tbelieve them one bit, i think that if you believe them, its your choice, but i do not, i can believe in alot of stuff... but orbs? not really believeable for me

orbs arent caused by photo manipulation, its just particles being illuminated by the flash at close proximity to the lens.

you could photoshop anything you like but no point with orbs :) easyer to get them without it. although i edit them out when i get them with my smaller camera, they ruin nice shots somtimes.

Edited by jonb

Orbs will be a debate that will probably never be resolved. The important thing is that those who believe in them, like me, take each picture individually and evaluate it the best we can. Of course there are photos that are fake or can be explained;however, there are a few that aren't and don't have an explanation.

well i understand your opinion.... i believe in some orb pictures... but i am showing this because i want people to identify the fakes

ummmm excuse me? i just wanted to show just how some orb pictures can be fakes... i dont think you need to be a jerk and flame... i would go further in insulting you but osme of the wors i wont even say for fear of being banned

I find it interesting that you faked the orbs on the computer when it's entirely possible to fake them in the real world. Throw some sawdust up in the air in a dark room and quickly take a picture before it reaches the floor. If the dust was close enough ot the camera when the flash went off, you should see many pretty little orbs in the resulting photo.

Here's the rub. What causes them when no photographic trickery is afoot? I think that they can be caused by a myriad of things but, it's difficult, if not impossible to know for sure what caused it.

I'm not going to stand here and assure you that they are ALL ghosts. Certainly, ALL of them are not. But, on that same token, I can't 100% guarantee that none of them are or could possibly be, either.

Still, I'm impressed by the amount of effort you went through to conjour up a couple of orbs! :nw:

thank you lord umbagar... it was actually quire simple... i will get into more detail with my next one, the next one (im still trying to fix it) will be about making a fake nessie, and it WILL require photoshop

No, I wasnt being a jerk. I was stating my opinion. If you took it as me being a jerk then welcome to a forum full of opinions. I am never a prick, you can ask anyone. However, nobody really cares about how to fake orbs, or what to watch out for, or whatever. Yeah, nifty with the editor, mad props, however making an idiotic thread like this only bumps those more important to the second page.

so you are saying you would rather have a forum full of idiots? i was showing what to look out for.. and you came and "stated your opinion"

The sun is the biggest orb of them all. Ever notice professional photography of landscapes and sunsets and see the beautiful orbs? I don’t have such a picture, but I am totally confident that everyone had seen them. What I don’t understand is that why people believe that orbs are ghosts. Wishful thinking? People are surely entitled to their outlook and values but they are not keen to disconnect fact from fiction “ghosts aren’t every where” ….orbs are every where.

I really think the intention of the OP was to be helpful. There really was no need of flaming. FGHS.Founder.....it's up to the mods to decide what should and should not be posted. UM isn't for a select few. It's for everyone.

That being said, it is true that there really isn't any great need to fake "orb" pics using any graphics software. All one needs is a digital camera and some dust or moisture, etc.

What I don’t understand is that why people believe that orbs are ghosts. Wishful thinking?

Well, I for one, do believe in spirit "orbs" (or spherical light anomalies if you want to get technical). I just don't think that those that show up in such large numbers in digital photos have anything to do with spirits.

i can not honestly believe ya'll are arguing over who is a jerk, and who isn't. C'mon people, grow up and get a life....this type of forum is for opinions. Opinions of things pertaining to paranormal, ghosts, spirits, etc. And, anyway, if you don't like what someone's opinion is, then simply read below!

IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GET OUT THE KITCHEN.

Edited by scjen81

Nah. He's not. :hmm:

Well he certainly sounds the part.

Ohh, and by the way, he isn't a jerk, he is a close friend of mine, and is my group founder and leader. i respect him greatly. If you read his past posts, you will see that he is very well educated in this field.

;)