Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Questioning christianity's originality

god christianity religions fake divinitys

  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined:10 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Attached File  og5608741124495_1974789632_n.jpg   104.17K   81 downloadsI stumbled upon this picture, and i was amazed. I never knew this was true. Is it? If it is, then......
http://a8.sphotos.ak...974789632_n.jpg
Here's the link to the picture, and i've attached it here

Edited by BorisIWantToKnow, 29 June 2012 - 12:03 PM.

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#2    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

All religions borrow from each other. The only people that don't know that are religious people.

:3 purr

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#3    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

this is an old myth started by atheists to try to connect between Jesus and Horus
as an attempt to explain that jesus was a fictionary character .. which is absurd
in both historical speaking and evidences that support it

i have however a more better question for christians
i have heard that jesus birthday and other dates in christianty have been changed by the church
to match certain numbers which resulted this

am not expert and am not sure about it though perhaps expert christians can tell us more
wheather dates and such has been changed

but regarding atheists claim on jesus as fiction character .. it's a joke claim in my opinion
as history proves it wrong and not just christians history speak of jesus
there are more than one history that speak of the character
and i Do mean history not just religious texts i mean historians and history from people other than christianty
so the claim stand weak infront of history

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#4    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 29 June 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

this is an old myth started by atheists to try to connect between Jesus and Horus
as an attempt to explain that jesus was a fictionary character .. which is absurd



This is nothing personal to you Knight..but I have to figure something out.. is that just your opinion  or do you have actual evidence of that claim?....If that is not just an opinion you hold.. then I must ask you to back ALL of that up with actual evidence that atheists did all of it...  I am thinking you will have some trouble...I never can understand why atheist fall blame to every silly thing that is pointed out in ref to any religion......... The sec someone points out something that makes religions look daft   they blame...atheists  or some other  non suspecting folks ...pointing the finger at others is too easy.
So I say  prove it..present any shred of REAL hard evidence that atheists took it all to themselves to invent these stories   dating from  the greek gods  up to the Christian God... I am keen to see what you have and trust me ..i'll be looking for actual evidence...

Now please  note  - If it is just your opinion..then state so and we can leave it as just your chosen opinion, I will not agree with your opinion, but I can respect your right to hold it either way.........if not..then I would love to see real evidence to support that claim you just made..and it has to be from actual atheists..and no info from random Christian sites will work..I want real hard evidence from educated people ( like histories and scholars )  that confirms that it was really atheists that  invents these stories  and not the people who invented the religions.over time ...I hope you don't mind me asking.. Remember if it is just an opinion you have then no need to take it further..but if you have evidence.,. then I would like to see it.. that is all I am saying here.. Nothing personal to you Knight ..


It is a well know fact of human nature  that authors of books will pinch ideas from each other..Its been going on from the word go...Heck we even see it in movies and other programes.. you name it .. copy cats is the trend..has always been so ..for many things

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 29 June 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#5    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 29 June 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

This is nothing personal to you Knight..but I have to figure something out.. is that just your opinion  or do you have actual evidence of that claim?....If that is not just an opinion you hold.. then I must ask you to back ALL of that up with actual evidence that atheists did all of it...  I am thinking you will have some trouble...I never can understand why atheist fall blame to every silly thing that is pointed out in ref to any religion......... The sec someone points out something that makes religions look daft   they blame...atheists  or some other  non suspecting folks ...pointing the finger at others is too easy.
So I say  prove it..present any shred of REAL hard evidence that atheists took it all to themselves to invent these stories   dating from  the greek gods  up to the Christian God... I am keen to see what you have and trust me ..i'll be looking for actual evidence...

Now please  note  - If it is just your opinion..then state so and we can leave it as just your chosen opinion, I will not agree with your opinion, but I can respect your right to hold it either way.........if not..then I would love to see real evidence to support that claim you just made..and it has to be from actual atheists..and no info from random Christian sites will work..I want real hard evidence from educated people ( like histories and scholars )  that confirms that it was really atheists that  invents these stories  and not the people who invented the religions.over time ...I hope you don't mind me asking.. Remember if it is just an opinion you have then no need to take it further..but if you have evidence.,. then I would like to see it.. that is all I am saying here.. Nothing personal to you Knight ..


It is a well know fact of human nature  that authors of books will pinch ideas from each other..Its been going on from the word go...Heck we even see it in movies and other programes.. you name it .. copy cats is the trend..has always been so ..for many things
it's a personal opinion that those atheists who done the linking between jesus and horus
however .. horus is the sun god .. and jesus god son
and prayers are carried on .. on sunday if am not mistaken
and plus i have theory that dates were changed to match the linking between them
but alas we need expert christian to support or deny this still
if some dates were changed by the church

however i didn't mean atheists invented those gods sorry to be unclear .. i meant that the linking was done by them
sorry for being short on words at the moment

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 29 June 2012 - 02:22 PM.

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#6    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 29 June 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

it's a personal opinion that those atheists who done the linking between jesus and horus

however i didn't mean atheists invented those gods sorry to be unclear .. i meant that the linking was done by them
sorry for being short on words at the moment


I have never ever seen actual proof of that... I have seen a lot of proof of atheists getting blamed on so many things..but I have yet to see proof that atheists  linked every religious god that had virgins and Dec 25th ect  like that.....This reminds me of how some will blame Christians  on saying things about other faiths..... blaming never ends that is my point.too easy to point the finger at folks that do not follow a path others do..In general no one likes it when their own kind gets the blame..but they are very keen on blaming others for all sorts.... So I guess this will remain just your opinion and i'll leave it at that

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 29 June 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#7    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,213 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

  • "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 29 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

I have never ever seen actual proof of that... I have seen a lot of proof of atheists getting blamed on so many things..but I have yet to see proof that atheists  linked every religious god that had virgins and Dec 25th ect  like that.....This reminds me of how some will blame Christians  on saying things about other faiths..... blaming never ends that is my point.too easy to point the finger at folks that do not follow a path others do..In general no one likes it when their own kind gets the blame..but they are very keen on blaming others for all sorts.... So I guess this will remain just your opinion and i'll leave it at that

There is a difference between blaming someone, and blaming someone (and/or people) who actually are guilty.

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
Jewish gematria # 629:
The holy bible
Demonic inspiration

#8    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 29 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

I have never ever seen actual proof of that... I have seen a lot of proof of atheists getting blamed on so many things..but I have yet to see proof that atheists  linked every religious god that had virgins and Dec 25th ect  like that.....This reminds me of how some will blame Christians  on saying things about other faiths..... blaming never ends that is my point.too easy to point the finger at folks that do not follow a path others do..In general no one likes it when their own kind gets the blame..but they are very keen on blaming others for all sorts.... So I guess this will remain just your opinion and i'll leave it at that
regarding other faiths i only post my opinion which may be wrong .. or right
as to why atheists being blamed for those things it's easy
from my personal experince every person i knew made such linking was atheist
also there has been linking between islam and other pagan religions .. also by atheists i met or knew
this is where i got that impression
i am unable to push their claims off in this case sadly am not well equiped with knowledge on christianity as christians
however i've seen many fails when debating and linking islam to other pre-historic religions .. funny fails sometimes i have to admit

but none the less it's always my opinion i express
unless am providing facts .. and when it's not opinion but a fact i provide
you'd know by the smug and smirk on my face and the evidences provided in my post :P

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#9    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Atheists probably did link it, they know more about religion as a whole than all the religious people.. It's not a bad thing, t's education. :) They do their homework so they can know for certain they're wrong or right. They don't go on faith ;)

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#10    Setton

Setton

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Durham, England

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 29 June 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Atheists probably did link it, they know more about religion as a whole than all the religious people.. It's not a bad thing, t's education. :) They do their homework so they can know for certain they're wrong or right. They don't go on faith ;)

I see where your coming from but religion =/= lack of education. If you find any expert on a given religion, regardless of their own beliefs, they will give you much the same evidence, although they might interpret it differently. That's why it's important to make your own interpretations not just take anything as true, regardless of who says it. Just as an aside, we very rarely know anything to be right or wrong. The best we can usually do is say what is most likely.

Following on from the OP and Knight's posts:

Yes, Jesus' birthday was moved to 25.12 to coincide with older religious festivals so that kind of makes the fact that other Gods were meant to be born on that day self-explanatory.

The other thing I would say is that, just because stories associated with older divinities are also associated with Jesus, does not mean he did not exist. It does not even mean he didn't do those things. What better way to prove your divinity than to perform miracles out of legends?

Personally, I think he existed but was just a man with a very good message to pass on and people have attributed miracles to him since then.

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,901 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

To raise the bar on humanity sometimes you need something better than humanity to do it with.  And that's a good enough reason to me to use allegory, metaphor, and original/unoriginal storytelling in order to get that clue.

Do religions borrow from one another?  Of course!  Does originality actually matter to you?  Then believe in what's original, whatever that is.

Jesus is the most historically documented person who ever lived 2000+ years ago.   If someone feels comfortable denying the existence of Jesus they might as well deny all other history that came before it.  And what does such a person call a Christian who does that?   There's a mirror moment.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#12    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 29 June 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

regarding other faiths i only post my opinion which may be wrong .. or right
as to why atheists being blamed for those things it's easy
from my personal experince every person i knew made such linking was atheist
also there has been linking between islam and other pagan religions .. also by atheists i met or knew
this is where i got that impression
i am unable to push their claims off in this case sadly am not well equiped with knowledge on christianity as christians
however i've seen many fails when debating and linking islam to other pre-historic religions .. funny fails sometimes i have to admit

but none the less it's always my opinion i express
unless am providing facts .. and when it's not opinion but a fact i provide
you'd know by the smug and smirk on my face and the evidences provided in my post :P


Well Knight... you note it is your opinion and that is what I respect...not agree with you but I'll respect it .

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#13    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 29 June 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

There is a difference between blaming someone, and blaming someone (and/or people) who actually are guilty.

And who is guilty?

I just think  some scholars   that studied all ancient regions  came across it at one point and made a big deal of the similarities putting them together to show how similar they all were ..

Later some non religious folk ( some of them )   see this and think it be fun to make Christianity look daft ..and they take this and poke fun  like making that picture  we see planted in the OP for a start.. that sort of poking fun..

But the actual stories written  I don't think are altered by anyone..  I say this because I know mankind is well known to copy and take ideas from one and other at some point.. I know that long before we ever had a bible ..many told religious stories and passed them on word of mouth.. So  anyone could have used some parts to make up their own version.. it could have happened ..This is my own opinion...and I care not who disagrees with my opinion lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,168 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

There is evidence the Abrahamic religions has origins from polytheistic religions but this stuff is just Zeitgeist bs


#15    Tiggs

Tiggs

    Relax. It's only me.

  • 9,143 posts
  • Joined:30 Jan 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, California

  • Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

As an Atheist - the claims which I believe have some semblance of support are:

Horus
  • Virgin Birth (If we're defining virgin to include someone who's only had sex with Gods).
  • Healed the Sick
  • Restored Sight
  • Resurrected

Khrisna
  • Performed Miracles

Dionysus
  • Virgin Birth (If we're defining virgin to include someone who's only had sex with Gods).
  • Traveling Teacher
  • Turned Water into Wine

None of them, quite honestly, fit the bill as a template for Jesus. At best, they're evidence that Gods were born of other Gods and performed miracles.

I expect, being Gods, that's probably a given.

If you're looking for the overall source for Christ's life - then the Old Testament prophets is where you want to concentrate your search.






Also tagged with god, christianity, religions, fake, divinitys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users