Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Leading A Blind Horse To Water

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,515 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

To the OP,

Who are you to think that you're a 'leader'?

#17    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,515 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Advice, when it's not asked for, is valueless. That's why it's freely given. :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 14 January 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#18    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

We’re Sailing in Uncharted Cosmic Seas

'Learning to handle these exciting new vibrations and cosmic changes is very much like learning to sail in uncharted waters. We really need to learn how to navigate these unknown waves and currents and be ready at the helm for the many fluctuations pounding our ships of life.
I’m also feeling for the people who have no clue as to what’s going on.

To think there are so many who don’t even know there is a cosmic sea, never mind that there are huge energetic wave changes reaching our planetary system that are now rocking their proverbial boats, is sad. I guess it’s like Plato’s cave analogy, only here it’s blind people in a boat who think all the world is the small structure and items they feel around them, while the real cosmic reality is expanding around them well outside their “boat” reality.'

http://beforeitsnews...as-2535870.html

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

#19    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 14 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Advice, when it's not asked for, is valueless. That's why it's freely given. :)

No you are mistaken.  Value is assigned subjectively.  Whether it is asked for or not.  My advice based on intuition is not free though, it has a price.  I assign a very high value to it.  I do not ignore what I am shown for a reason.  I do not refrain from sharing what I know, otherwise what would be the value of keeping it to myself?  Some things cannot be changed and some can be.  The purpose is to allow for the option's that exist to manifest.

Soul

Edited by soulpowertothenthdegree, 14 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);

#20    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 14 January 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

To the OP,

To the poster, who are you to question whether I think I am a leader?  That is all you have?  Okay.  I at least put thought behind what I have to say.  I at least try to make an effort to do so.  The very definition of a leader is one who shows by example.  What you are is a troll.

Soul

Edited by soulpowertothenthdegree, 14 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#21    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,227 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Actually this is a very good question.

And to soulpowertothetenthdegree, Please do not call others "trolls" simply because they question your opinion. I would remind you of the UM rules here:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.
5e. Disrespectful conduct: Do not be rude, unpleasant or disrespectful towards other members - always be polite and courteous.
5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented

That said, why should others follow your lead? What makes your personal opinion/intuition better than other people's assessment?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#22    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 14 January 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

We’re Sailing in Uncharted Cosmic Seas

'Learning to handle these exciting new vibrations and cosmic changes is very much like learning to sail in uncharted waters. We really need to learn how to navigate these unknown waves and currents and be ready at the helm for the many fluctuations pounding our ships of life.
I’m also feeling for the people who have no clue as to what’s going on.

To think there are so many who don’t even know there is a cosmic sea, never mind that there are huge energetic wave changes reaching our planetary system that are now rocking their proverbial boats, is sad. I guess it’s like Plato’s cave analogy, only here it’s blind people in a boat who think all the world is the small structure and items they feel around them, while the real cosmic reality is expanding around them well outside their “boat” reality.'

http://beforeitsnews...as-2535870.html

What happened to the horse? Is he in the cave? I'm concerned for him because he's blind. Oh god! now I'm concerned about the blind people in the boat dangling their hands over the side and attracting sharks!

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#23    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,227 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Don't worry ouija, horses can actually smell water...so being blind shouldn't pose any drinking issues. As to the blind folks in the boat attracting sharks...that one's a bit more worrying. However, since all this is only an analogy there's really nothing to be concerned about.

Now, as to who one chooses as a leader, that can be far more of a real concern.

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#24    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

To the OP,

In this world there are ego's and.................

Posted Image

...... EGO's

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#25    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,227 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, El Duce didn't make all that good of a leader.

I do find myself wondering though, was his horse blind?

#26    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postealdwita, on 14 January 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

In this world there are ego's and.................

Posted Image

...... EGO's

If you want to make yourself look big, sit on a tall horse and stick a long feather in your cap! :lol:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#27    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,847 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I have a new variation, "You can lead a blind horse to water, but he cannot drink what he cannot see".

Interesting notion considering a horses sense of smell. And it's common practice "blinding" horses to keep them calm and get them to do some things they otherwise balk at. Blinding can help a horse hold focus. Some horse owners think it's a good training tool. By blinding I mean using blinders or blindfolds, not any literal destruction of eyesight.

#28    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,621 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Just because someone doesn't adhere to your advice doesn't mean they are stupid..it mean s that they don't necessarily agree and maybe they want to ponder it before deciding whether they want to accept it to any degree.

The Buddha even said (if he ever existed) that one should not follow something just because it has been spoken by many, by him or considered "tradition".
One must examine it for themselves and if it agrees with their own intuition then they should follow it.

Sorry SoulPower but you are not some avatar here to lead us poor stupid mortals into your glowy kingdom, we are  not mules to be beaten and forced and we are not stupid or "un-evolved" just because we question.

#29    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 14 January 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

If you want to make yourself look big, sit on a tall horse and stick a long feather in your cap! :lol:

I do it all the time!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users