Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bible code

Trotsky

Anyone here about this? Basically it is if you take every 4th or 5th word, it talks about Hitler and 9/11 for example. I heard about it, but I want to know more.

Maybe it can help me win the lottery :P

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seanph

• zandore

• rickvdh

• ShaunZero

Anyone here about this? Basically it is if you take every 4th or 5th word, it talks about Hitler and 9/11 for example. I heard about it, but I want to know more.

Maybe it can help me win the lottery :P

there are different patterns, like a crossword, or mathematical equations, patterns, like pictures

they make words, and people construe these words to actually mean something

if you analyze everything, you can literally find anything in anything, regardless of whether it's there or not

or meant to be found

Isn't this also supposed to give us yet another prediction of the end of the World in 2006?

The Bible is a large book (my copy is 1400 pages). In any text that long, take every n'th word (4 or 5 or whatever), statistically once in a while you'll get a few words in a row that actually make sense together. When that happens - oooh, we have a code. Does anyone say "look, the Harry Potter code" or "have you heard of the Lord of the Rings code?". It's the same principle though, imo.

Regards, PA

The Bible is a large book (my copy is 1400 pages). In any text that long, take every n'th word (4 or 5 or whatever), statistically once in a while you'll get a few words in a row that actually make sense together. When that happens - oooh, we have a code. Does anyone say "look, the Harry Potter code" or "have you heard of the Lord of the Rings code?". It's the same principle though, imo.

Regards, PA

right on...there are no hidden mesages in the Bible...one message...plain and simple....the codes, not valid....

this is man reaching too far. you can do the same thing with almost any other book.

randomhit10

There are a number of threads about this subject: Threads on the Bible Code

I knew nothing of the bible code until a few weeks. When i came across two videos on this very subject, it intrigued me to say the least. Before any of you say they are easy to dismiss or just dont beleive theres any substance to this topic, i'd encourage you to watch the 2 videos to get an idea of where they are coming from and what they are saying.

I've heard people say that some codes can be found in any book. Codes such as "the sky is green". But i say to an answer like that... WTH lol, that means absolutely nothing and tells us nothing of this planets history or people or even reality. The bible codes on the other hand constantly give correct information dating events to the very day. Give a persons birth date, death date, and some words to describe that person... which is amazingly 100% accurate.. Every time. Show me another book that does this, and i will say there is nothing to the codes.

Now to counter myself. As i was researching the codes, I did come across codes that were surprisingly anti Christian and anti God. Saying that Jesus is not God and that God is not real. And many other things on top of this, which would normally be condemned as blasphemy if one was to say such things were in the bible . I haven’t had much time to research this area yet, and didn't look into the ways these messages were found, which is very important for any of the codes to be authentic. Only the Torah (Old testament) can be used to find codes, since they are the only chapters that were written by Mosses word for word directly from God and have not been altered or changed. Unlike the debatable translations of some of the New testament. Nevertheless, none of my posts are meant to try and impose my beliefs on anyone else. Rather encourage ones own research and come to your own conclusions. I think its important to discuss all sides of an issue. That being said, I highly suggest the viewing of these videos as a starting point for research on this topic!

Bible Code video 1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=62...mp;q=bible+code

Bible Code video 2

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...mp;q=bible+code

The History Channel has aired a couple of documentaries on the BC. I will admit they're interesting. That said, the Bible is of such immense length, that you could really find anything you're looking for. I believe they were able to get various perditions from War and Peace as well.

Sean

I don't know if it's actually in the Torah or not but, I remember reading a few pages of the book "The Bible Code II" at Walmart a couple of years ago and the writter stated that Bush would not be re-elected to a second term, or something to that effect. Of course, he might have just made that up and thrown it in there for a good mix.

The History Channel has aired a couple of documentaries on the BC. I will admit they're interesting. That said, the Bible is of such immense length, that you could really find anything you're looking for. I believe they were able to get various perditions from War and Peace as well.

I think that was Moby Dick.

Thanks, Z, that was it. ;)

The bible codes on the other hand constantly give correct information dating events to the very day. Give a persons birth date, death date, and some words to describe that person... which is amazingly 100% accurate.. Every time. Show me another book that does this, and i will say there is nothing to the codes.

I hold the same opinion.

Also, the length of the bible itself is almost irrelevant when almost every "Code" has words or phrases found CLOSE to eachother. It's not like they find one word at the beginning, a few in the middle, and a few at the end to make one code. These are words and/or phrases that are found so close together, it's almost impossible to be chance alone. Not to mention the words form a code wich is 100% accurate.

I still admit I'm on the fence with this one. I just havn't seen anyone explain away the bible code good enough for me to be convinced they aren't real. If they are real, we still have no clue who put them there.

ok, so i dont know if there is already a forum on this, but it is fairly interesting. researchers using computer programs can pick out prophesies and events encoded in the bible by using number skip "code." like if u pick out the fifth, for example, letter in the text and creating a grid (like a crossword puzzle) you may find related words or phrases in there. is this a prophetic code, (perhaps inspired by god through the writer) or statistical whatnot? BTW... a skeptic used the same sort of program and managed to find stuff about the assasination of mlk, among others, in moby dick. if you've read or seen anything about it tell me what u think.

there already was a post about this a little while back, and you can do that code with any long book, pick out a certain number of words to skip, and then pick a few out, some of them are bound to make sense.

there already was a post about this a little while back, and you can do that code with any long book, pick out a certain number of words to skip, and then pick a few out, some of them are bound to make sense.

Sure, in any long book you can pick a code and you are bound to find things that make sense.

However, the bible code uses the same code, I believe it is every fifth, tenth, or twevlth letter, but once you choose one you have to stick with it. And you can find exact details to every single event in history. Names, dates, places, everything. The odds of this happening by coincidence are pretty remote.

Edited by stephen84

i do believe seeng on history channel they found something about a comet or asteroid wiping out earth in the year 2012. but this could be incorrect because if you do not know exactly what to look for, like if it hasnt happened yet, you may miss certain words. they did find the name al gore on the same "grid" of code as the word president, but he lost. they later searched again and found the words "thinks maybe" between al gor and president, or something like that. i saw it on a history channel program once, but my memory is sorta foggy

-on a side note, woah deja vu