Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this Amelia Earhart's plane?

amelia earhart plane nikumaroro island

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    bewizardry_unharmonic

bewizardry_unharmonic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I watched a documentary about Earhart and they went to an Island that they thought she may have swam too after the crash. The interviewed a really old woman who lived on the island and she said when she was very little in 1937 the island was buzzing because there were rumours there was a white lady on the island dressed in a uniform (pilots clothes). This woman said she saw this lady being taken around the island by these military men who had a base on the island and then they made her go on her knees, they blindfolded her and then shot her. The locals were told afterwards that the woman was a spy and she had to be killed. The old lady showed the documentary crew the exact spot where she was shot and said she was buried there. As they dug, they realised it had been recently dug up (probably a team found out about the documentary and got there first and dug her body up). They continued to dig and a good few feet down, they found the blindfold that the old lady said the pilot was wearing. They took the blindfold away and i haven't heard anything about it since. This old lady was pretty convincing and her story kinda added up. I've no idea if she was telling the truth but i had to sit back and think, maybe it did happen?

#17    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,954 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Postbewizardry_unharmonic, on 22 August 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I watched a documentary about Earhart and they went to an Island that they thought she may have swam too after the crash. The interviewed a really old woman who lived on the island and she said when she was very little in 1937 the island was buzzing because there were rumours there was a white lady on the island dressed in a uniform (pilots clothes). This woman said she saw this lady being taken around the island by these military men who had a base on the island and then they made her go on her knees, they blindfolded her and then shot her. The locals were told afterwards that the woman was a spy and she had to be killed. The old lady showed the documentary crew the exact spot where she was shot and said she was buried there. As they dug, they realised it had been recently dug up (probably a team found out about the documentary and got there first and dug her body up). They continued to dig and a good few feet down, they found the blindfold that the old lady said the pilot was wearing. They took the blindfold away and i haven't heard anything about it since. This old lady was pretty convincing and her story kinda added up. I've no idea if she was telling the truth but i had to sit back and think, maybe it did happen?

The thing is, there are dozens if not hundreds of such stories and none of them really offer much evidence to support their claims.

Frankly, I've never bought into the "Japanese executed/imprisoned her" theory as I really don't see much reason for them to do that.  It not like the flight was a big secret.  It was a world-wide media event and it would have been somewhat of a PR coup for the Japanese to have rescued her.  In fact, several Japanese ships participated in the searches around Howland Island after she disappeared.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#18    Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Man of The People

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Post27vet, on 21 August 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

1000 feet down is quite deep and would require a robot to retrieve the debris. I like the bit about alive and well in the USA. Maybe Elvis is also alive and well?

He's living in an all hippie community with jim morrison,jimmy hoffa,judge crater,and db cooper.

"If you want to walk the Streets of Gold,you got to know the password, ROLL TIDE ROLL."
Paul "BEAR"Bryant

#19    Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Man of The People

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Told ya! just can't make this stuff up!
Posted Image

http://tighar.org/Pr...artsurvive.html

"If you want to walk the Streets of Gold,you got to know the password, ROLL TIDE ROLL."
Paul "BEAR"Bryant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users