Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient City Found

shirini

ANCIENT CITY FOUND, IRRADIATED FROM ATOMIC BLAST

SOURCE:: World Island Review, January 1992

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous.

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

A HISTORIAN COMMENTS

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

ARCHEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATION PROVIDES INFORMATION

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare."

Construction has halted while the five member team conducts the investigation. The foreman of the project is Lee Hundley, who pioneered the investigation after the high level of radiation was discovered.

Anybody heard about this before?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DC09

• gnalaj

• shirini

• PsychicPenguin

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

Here's a passage he is refering to:

Gurkha,

flying a swift and powerful vimana

hurled a single projectile

Charged with all the power of the Universe.

An incandescent column of smoke and flame

As bright as the thousand suns

Rose in all its splendour...

a perpendicular explosion

with its billowing smoke clouds...

...the cloud of smoke

rising after its first explosion

formed into expanding round circles

like the opening of giant parasols...

..it was an unknown weapon,

An iron thunderbolt,

A gigantic messenger of death,

Which reduced to ashes

The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

...The corpses were so burned

As to be unrecognizable.

The hair and nails fell out;

Pottery broke without apparent cause,

And the birds turned white.

After a few hours

All foodstuffs were infected...

...to escape from this fire

The soldiers threw themselves in streams

To wash themselves and their equipment.

--Mahabharata

ph34r.gif

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous.

The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people.

Hm, I know that Uranium is a long-lived radioactive element, but its half-time of decay is definetely less than 1000 years. It is really strange to me that the radiation will be still present. Highly unlikely....

No.. in fact the half life of Uranium is veryyy longggg... and that's the reason why we can mine them!!! wink2.gif

it depends on what type of Uranium your on about because, for example, Uranium-235 has a 1/2 life of 713,000,000 years and for Uranium-238 it is 4500,000,000 years.

it depends on what type of Uranium your on about because, for example, Uranium-235 has a 1/2 life of 713,000,000 years and for Uranium-238 it is 4500,000,000 years.

Hi Emmy, I'm quite interested in this, do you have a source??

i'm willing to bet it was a meteor strike, mushroom clouds are the trade mark of large explosions (eg Nuclear Bomb, Hydrogen Bomb, MOAB) as opposed to just the Nukes

The corpses were so burned

As to be unrecognizable.

After a few hours

Its weird that they described the symptoms of radiation poisoining so accuratly. Maybe it was an atomic bomb.

Hi Emmy, I'm quite interested in this, do you have a source??

thebarman, there are many sources. Try a search for "uranium half life" on your engine of preference.

Here's one

And another

The corpses were so burned

As to be unrecognizable.

After a few hours

Its weird that they described the symptoms of radiation poisoining so accuratly. Maybe it was an atomic bomb.

I'm endlessly fascinated by Vedic texts. Descriptions of modern aircraft and weapons can be found throughout.

"One time while King Citaketu was traveling in outer space on a brilliantly effulgent airplane given to him by Lord Vishnu, he saw Lord Siva..." "The arrows released by Lord Siva appeared like fiery beams emanating from the sun globe and covered the three residential airplanes, which could then no longer be seen."

Srimad Bhagavatam, Sixth Canto, Part 3

Strong and durable must the body of the Vihmana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth. - Samarangana Sutradhara

More info -

Vedic Theories of Creation

Space Technology and Ancient India

So uplifting blink.gifdontgetit.gifcrying.gif

Isn't it? crying.gif

If this is true then history is bound to repeat itselfand that is very scary.

This could also explaine alot of the other ancient civillization disappering, as Bathory said, mybe not a nuke, but it was something.

The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth.

Uhm... helicopters??? wacko.gifblink.gif

I'm not sure this isn't a hoax. I found a website that raised the following questions:

The source, World Island Review, "does not seem to exist".

The historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli mentioned is probably long dead. If you Google his name you'll find he published his translation The Mahabharata in 1883-1896.

It also doubts the existence of archeologist Francis Taylor.

Here's the sight I was looking at. I'm not sure how reliable it is. Link (see "Radioactive Ash in Rajasthan", India)

Also, I think Antares might have been right in questioning the lingering levels of high radiation. Although I don't think it would be from uranium. I think neutron radiation from the blast makes other substances in fallout radioactive, but for a shorter time than uranium or plutonium. I could be wrong.

But aren't Hiroshima and Nagasaki lived in today? The article said, "One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945". So, shouldn't the radiation problems be worse in Hiroshima and Nagasaki since those were more recent?

Edited by gnalaj

Are there any objects in space such as

asteroids that could be radioactive enough

to have exploded on entry and caused this?

Gazz

PS nice find! .. I have never heard of this.

Amazing thread! grin2.gif

Here's a passage he is refering to:

Gurkha,

flying a swift and powerful vimana....

....soldiers threw themselves in streams

--Mahabharata

I'm sorry to say, but I also doubt that this excerpt of the Mahabharata is genuine. I think someone made it up and now it circulates only on websites interested in the unusual. When I do searches for where this posted text comes from, it doesn't lead to any mainstream text of the Mahabharata. Please correct me if I'm wrong. sad.gif

I'm sorry to say, but I also doubt that this excerpt of the Mahabharata is genuine.  I think someone made it up and now it circulates only on websites interested in the unusual.  When I do searches for where this posted text comes from, it doesn't lead to any mainstream text of the Mahabharata.  Please correct me if I'm wrong. sad.gif

The quote is from Protap Chandra Roy's 1889 translation.

Here is another very good site about ancient aircraft :

A Tribute to Hinduism - Vimanas

Edited by Kellalor

The quote is from Protap Chandra Roy's 1889 translation.

Kellalor, where is the quoted text located in the Mahabharata? I can't find the specific section and lines.

Kellalor, where is the quoted text located in the Mahabharata? I can't find the specific section and lines.

You are right about the mainstream text of the Mahabharata not containing that quote, the actual quote is -

'Day by day strong winds blow and many were the evil omens that arose, awful and foreboding the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The streets swarmed with rats and mice. Earthen pots showed cracks or broken (sic) from no apparent cause. At night, the rats ad mice ate away the hair and nails of slumbering men. --- many birds appeared, impelled by death, that were pale of complexion but that had legs red of hue --- the Vrishni's, committing sinful acts, were not seen to feel any shame --- they insulted and humiliated their preceptors and seniors --- wives deceived their husbands and husbands their wives --- the sun, whether when rising or setting over the city, seemed to be surrounded by headless trunks of human form. In cook rooms, upon food that was clean and well boiled were seen, when it was served out for eating, innumerable worms of diverse kinds,'

You might be right about someone making it up. sad.gif

Oh well.

I did some more searching. Apparently, the text quoted comes from the book The Bermuda Triangle by Charles Berlitz. (He did reference Protap Chandra Roy's translation.) The validity is misleading at best. He took various snippets from scattered places in the Mahabharata, manipulated them, and put them together into something new. As your last post suggests, the originally lines that can be found in the Mahabharata are much less suggestive.

For more and greater detail see this Link. (Scroll down two-thirds of the page to the paragraph beginning with "In my opinion, the nadir of deceptive misrepresentation....")

Edited by gnalaj

Link. (Scroll down two-thirds of the page to the paragraph beginning with "In my opinion, the nadir of deceptive misrepresentation....")

Ah, okay... dontgetit.gif

Thanks. thumbsup.gif

Link.  (Scroll down two-thirds of the page to the paragraph beginning with "In my opinion, the nadir of deceptive misrepresentation....")

Ah, okay... dontgetit.gif

Sorry, Kellalor. I didn't realize that it was the same source you had been to.

You're a good sport.