Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mosque issues fatwa on Christmas

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    socrates.junior

socrates.junior

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

• Nothing is worse than active ignorance. - Goethe

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostLion6969, on 27 December 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

Paganism did precede Islam but Arabia was purified of such falsehoods, as for the black stone, it has no deitic values at all, nor do Muslims worship a stone or the Kaaba, we stand on top of the Kaaba to call to pray etc, name me a pagan who will disrespect his idol god by standing on it? Try a Hindu to stand on a idol of Krishna. So don't talk tripe!

Eh, not talking tripe. I'm just calling out the origins of something from Islam, like you're calling out the origins of something from Catholicism. As you can see, it doesn't make sense to do so. Thank you for proving the point.

Even if they don't have a pagan relevance today it's origin does, today it has transformed in to the festival for materialists, materialism is the new pagan faith, whereby material objects become the object of worship. It's a commercial corporate holiday, so practising Muslims stay away from such things and festivals that have pagan origins, rituals etc. Even today there is plenty of pagan rituals in Xmas and other festivals. Why do you feel we are obliged to celebrate it with you?

As we just saw above...the origin doesn't matter. And if it apparently does, you'd better vacate Mecca, and most of the cities in the Middle East. They ALL originally were pagan. I've never insisted that you celebrate Christmas. I'm simply showing how silly you're being by worrying about it at all.

As for monotheistic tenants of the christianity or Catholicism, those are it's claims alone, but in practise it's diametrically opposite.

Wrongo. But nice try.

I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone to just sit there and agree with me, that's not their job. -Margaret Thatcher

#32    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 25 December 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

I'm just glad people are taking a stand against stupidity. Gives me a little more faith in people regardless of their religion.

Only it is somehow less impressive when the ones taking a stand against stupidity want to impose their own, bigger, stupidity on everybody.
Come one, it is pretty easy for religionist nuts to criticize other religionists nuts. But don´t hold your breath for them criticizing their own.

You should note that all moderate muslims (those who advocate reform of the medieval teachings of islam) have been served with death fatwahs of one form or another.

So hold the champagne...

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#33    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

View Postodas, on 24 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

We all have those idiots, muslims, christians and jews.

Nope pal, we don´t.
Christians and Jews do not continually come up with the "religious misunderstanders" who are invariably clerics, and with their demands for biblical law, their suicide bombings, and whatnot.

Sorry but that is an easy way out. Maybe you found a way to moderate the teachings of your books, but a lot of your coreligionists has not, and shows no willingness to do so.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users