Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

[Merged]Afterlife exists says top brain surgeon

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#46    Poindexter

Poindexter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Mwah

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Ewe clowns DIED on an Operating Table or Elsewhere,, Ewe wouldn't be putting this type of Krap on the Internet

Lots and Lots of peeples have "DEADED" and came back,,, No white Light,, No hallucinations,,, and until Ewe get used of being DEAD,, it is as Scary as all F...    Nothing like I have ever expierenced before. and most certainly nothing of what is described by any of the Religions

#47    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostDying Seraph, on 10 October 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

AT least science attempts to find answers. The explanation may not be to your liking but it's an attempt better then you have done.

So you attack my mental capacity and judge me saying I won't understand what you have to say. Safe to assume you have no evidence at least as good as scientific attempts? I thought so. Yu mnay not like the scientific explanations but they are better attempts than you've explained. Since you've provided none. I asked an honest question and yet I get nothing from you. Hiding under this spiritual tent is great, except when called upon to provide a rational answer hmm? WHen you can't you need to attack others? I don't get it. I presented BOTH SIDES!! SO wake up!! I presented the skeptic side and the spiritual side! ::facepalms:: how sad you assume you know me. I want answers. At least science attempts to explain. And at least I'm getting more from it than you. That said it's clear you have nothing to contribute other then crying foul and talking about how great spiritualism is yet provide no substance. I bid you adieu.

SINcerely,
:devil:
Wo wo hold on their cow boy/girl no one understands the great mystery not me either. It stands outside this  universe( or before it). I wasnt questioning your mental capacity I was stating a fact about all human capacity. I'm an agnostic at heart. Get ahold of all those assumptions will you.

I have offered an explanation. It's exactly what it appears to be. What did you think I was arguing?

I think you are crying foul more than me at this point...... I was almost hopeing you could give me more than these typical emotional responses. Oh well..,, Maby copacetic or ai guardian will show up and eat me.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#48    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

And there is tremendouse substance.... If this were a social science it would already be considered a law.
Um no. A law is always valid. The majority not experiencing NDEs would kind of destroy any law that states otherwise.

#49    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostPoindexter, on 10 October 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

Lots and Lots of peeples have "DEADED" and came back,,, No white Light,, No hallucinations,,
This is actually a good point... And I'm in a unique position to answer it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#50    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 10 October 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

Um no. A law is always valid. The majority not experiencing NDEs would kind of destroy any law that states otherwise.
What majority would that be :) this actually related to the other statement I just said.

Bruce Lee-

#51    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Well... Yeah. But I thought you were arguing against the proposition for some reason. The reason I'm here and rather armed, is that I have a unique experirential perspective.

The evidence is stacking up.
.. But the rhetoric will never stop,

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

I don't need to. You see... There is a something happening to a great many people. They say it is this thing... Not even skeptics can deni their reports. There is no deniing it is happening. The scientist has to come up with why it's happening within statistical significant and logical theory. Unfortunately the materialist premis fails miserably on this subject... And the elephant in the room is that everyone knows it.

And there is tremendouse substance.... If this were a social science it would already be considered a law.

Indeed the delusional don't need to as long as they can appease themselves. ;)
No denying that. There is something happening to a great many people OCD and Schizophrenia and other mental delusions are sweeping the nation.

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Wo wo hold on their cow boy/girl no one understands the great mystery not me either. It stands outside this  universe( or before it). I wasnt questioning your mental capacity I was stating a fact about all human capacity. I'm an agnostic at heart. Get ahold of all those assumptions will you.

I have offered an explanation. It's exactly what it appears to be. What did you think I was arguing?

What? You don't need to? A second ago you said you were sitting on all this info and had a unique insight so full of yourself. Where is it? Now you say you don't need to share it? You have offered no explanation. Hell the article I provided for the spiritual aspect was more then anything you've presented.

Indeed maybe Copa or someone else will by into thismadness.

SINcerely,

Edited by Dying Seraph, 10 October 2012 - 07:04 AM.

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#52    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

What majority would that be :) this actually related to the other statement I just said.
What do you think? Read it carefully.

#53    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostDying Seraph, on 10 October 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Stop negating and beating around the bush. Provide substance instead of backtracking. You are turning out to be the skeptic in this conversation. ;)

SINcerely,
Well yes... I am I'm a skeptic of some skeptics. Always have been. I went to workshop with Rupart sheldrake and I found out that i wasn't the only one.

Bruce Lee-

#54    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 10 October 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

What do you think? Read it carefully.
Don't need to.., I just want you to say it ;)

Bruce Lee-

#55    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostDying Seraph, on 10 October 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Indeed the delusional don't need to as long as they can appease themselves. ;)
No denying that. There is something happening to a great many people OCD and Schizophrenia and other mental delusions are sweeping the nation.

What? You don't need to? A second ago you said you were sitting on all this info and had a unique insight so full of yourself. Where is it? Now you say you don't need to share it? You have offered no explanation. Hell the article I provided for the spiritual aspect was more then anything you've presented.

Indeed maybe Copa or someone else will by into thismadness.

SINcerely,
Sorry cant multiqote on my iPhone

"Indeed the delusional don't need to as long as they can appease themselves. ;)"

The would not be a logical fallacy would it ;)

"There is something happening to a great many people OCD and Schizophrenia and other mental delusions are sweeping the nation."

More unsubstantiated assumptions ehhh?

"What? You don't need to? A second ago you said you were sitting on all this info and had a unique insight so full of yourself. Where is it? Now you say you don't need to share it? You have offered no explanation. "

Oh brother. The insight I have is related to the the last two posts, regarding the concept of not all people that are brought back experience OBEs. I'll share it If you want.....,, I work intimately with people on this very forum helping people to understand.. And REMEMBER altered states. I know for a fact that altered states of conciousness are difficult to remember and fade very quickly. It's a very easy to understand that there are many other NDES that go unreported and not remembered. Then there are ADE ( actual death experiences). Logically it's fairly safe to assume that at least a similar proportion of people who die and cannot report what happened would ( If they could) report similar experiences. You might as well say that when people are asleep if dreams are not remembered dreams don't exist.... When infact we all dream all the time... All night..

In regards  to NDES. No I don't need to provide evidence that they happen. they do every one knows it. It's the nature of the experience that is up for debate. The reductionist/materialist perspectives continue to fail miserably in any logical sense.

The elephant in the room... Is that all of humanity since humanity can remember has an elementary similar experience upon being close to death but brought back.... It is also positively corolated with improoved life saving technology. This Would be a prediction of a spiritual inturpretation.

Edited by Seeker79, 10 October 2012 - 07:46 AM.

Bruce Lee-

#56    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 09 October 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Afterlife exists says top brain surgeon

Being irrational is not something exclusively for the less intelligent.
The whole basis for pseudo science exists out of ppl being experts in one field and then claim themselves to be experts in an entirely different field, and they then use all sorts of fancy scientific and/or medical terms to back up the pseudo science.

Arthur Conan Doyle (creator of Sherlock Holmes) believed Houdini had paranormal powers instead of just performing magic tricks. He lost his friendship with him because he kept insisting on it. He also insisted to the world that elves were real.
Richard Feynman, nobelprize winner in Physics, believed Uri Geller had paranormal gifts. Because he reasoned as many professionals do:  "Im very intelligent, so if I can't see that Geller is performing a trick then it must be paranormal and there is no other way around it."
Bobby Fisher, genius chessplayer, found the 9/11 attack a wonderful thing and idolised Hitler. He believed the Protocolls of Zion was an authentic document.
Frank Tipler, brilliant professor in Physics, is convinced that he mathematically and scientifically proved that there is a God beyond any doubt.
Etc...

Does this mean elves are real now? Was debunking Uri Geller a mistake?

Of course not. Out of body experiences have already been linked to certain brain activities that are not at all related to an afterlife, they just give you the sense it's all happening but there is not proof it actually did. There is proof of deviant brain activities.
Out-of-Body Hallucinations Linked to Brain Glitch

http://www.livescien...experience.html

Being a doctor or rocket scientists or whatever, does not exempt you from brain malfunctions. It also does not exempt them from trying to interpret it in some way, even if they choose the irrational interpretation because they are too emotional after it.

Edited by Render, 10 October 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#57    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostRender, on 10 October 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Being irrational is not something exclusively for the less intelligent.
The whole basis for pseudo science exists out of ppl being experts in one field and then claim themselves to be experts in an entirely different field, and they then use all sorts of fancy scientific and/or medical terms to back up the pseudo science.

Arthur Conan Doyle (creator of Sherlock Holmes) believed Houdini had paranormal powers instead of just performing magic tricks. He lost his friendship with him because he kept insisting on it. He also insisted to the world that elves were real.
Richard Feynman, nobelprize winner in Physics, believed Uri Geller had paranormal gifts. Because he reasoned as many professionals do:  "Im very intelligent, so if I can't see that Geller is performing a trick then it must be paranormal and there is no other way around it."
Bobby Fisher, genius chessplayer, found the 9/11 attack a wonderful thing and idolised Hitler. He believed the Protocolls of Zion was an authentic document.
Frank Tipler, brilliant professor in Physics, is convinced that he mathematically and scientifically proved that there is a God beyond any doubt.
Etc...

Does this mean elves are real now? Was debunking Uri Geller a mistake?

Of course not. Out of body experiences have already been linked to certain brain activities that are not at all related to an afterlife, they just give you the sense it's all happening but there is not proof it actually did. There is proof of deviant brain activities.
    Out-of-Body Hallucinations Linked to Brain Glitch

http://www.livescien...experience.html

Being a doctor or rocket scientists or whatever, does not exempt you from brain malfunctions. It also does not exempt them from trying to interpret it in some way, even if they choose the irrational interpretation because they are too emotional after it.
The problem of course is that what you call a hallucination is strikingly indicative of a "spirit world"... It boggles the mind to come up with evolutionary psychological reasons why it plays itself out with those specific  elements. and a hullicinatiion of peanutbutter and jelly sandwich only adds credibility that those types of sandwiches exist

Bruce Lee-

#58    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

The problem of course is that what you call a hallucination is strikingly indicative of a "spirit world"... It boggles the mind to come up with evolutionary psychological reasons why it plays itself out with those specific  elements. and a hullicinatiion of peanutbutter and jelly sandwich only adds credibility that those types of sandwiches exist

It's not me calling it a hallucination, let's be clear on that.

#59    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 October 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

The problem of course is that what you call a hallucination is strikingly indicative of a "spirit world"...
But isn't that just calling hallucinations, spiritual? It's kind of like saying Zeus throws lightning bolts, therefore lightning bolts indicates Zeus is real. It's circular reasoning.

#60    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Even the Ancient Egyptians questioned this, complaining that for all their devotion to various religious practices and beliefs, nobody ever came back and told them about "the other side". This man's brain simply concocted a vivid dream, as many others here have already said. Believers will believe, skeptics will scoff, life goes on, but nobody comes back from being dead, except in myths of course :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users