Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chupas

ames2787

I've been browsing through this page and I have found several references to "Chupas" but I have no idea what they actually are, I would be very grateful if someone could let me in on the secret as I have never heard of them before!

Ta very much like.... wink2.gif

Ames grin2.gif

Edited by ames2787

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ames2787

• VampChilde18

• BurnSide

• DarkSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chupacabra is a Mexican crypto-myth.

Many people claim to have seen one, however it appears no one really knows what it is.

People on this site alone have claimed all these things are Chupacabra at one point or another:

A rock with a stick.

A Giant Squid Carcass.

A domestic cat carcass.

A Domestic dog carcass.

A green childs toy.

A lion.

A deer.

A fox.

A kangeroo.

A branch of a tree.

A photoshopped gremlin with wings.

A seagull.

As you can plainly see, there is alot of variety in the things that people call Chupa. This of course shows that NO ONE has the slightest clue what a Chupacabra is actually ment to be, and as such 'Chupa' is used as a blanket term for any object or animal that cannot easily be identified.

Ah, this is probably why I have never heard of said being not living anywhere near Mexico... ta for explaining it.... I shall look out for them tee heee....

We have a thing here that people are always claiming to have seen big black cats roaming the streets and fields, although it rarely turns out to be anything, although recently people have been claiming that sometimes people have big cats as pets and let them out, they breed with the nearest things and then weird things roam around the countryside.

I think thats the most similar thing we have here to a Chupa, although they aren't reported all that often.

Ames original.gif

El Chupacabra, means "the goat sucker" in spanish, its a creature who was firsted sighted in South America. Recently in the forums there has been an outburst of chupa encounters, pics, storys, etc.

EDIT: hah everyone beat me to posting tongue.gif

Edited by DaRkSiDe

I just did a quick search on the BBC news to see if they had anything and they had one story...

BBC News Chupa Story

Hope you find it interesting... here is the picture they had posted with it...

post-9-1092674766.jpg

AHA!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! hahahahaha!!!!

Lol, trust the BBC to put an amusing picture... the story is quite interesting though... someone claimed to have shot a Chupa, but then was quite dissapointed to be told it was a dog... that made me laugh out loud...

"AHHHH A Chupa!!!"

"That's my dog you idiot!"

"Oh, I've just shot it!"

"b******!"

Tee hee...... oh my imagination!

Ames original.gif

People are so desperate for something like Chupa to exist they go gun crazy on dogs, birds, you name it. It's horribly sad.

Goes to show what a bunch of complete morons there are in this day and age eh.

Lol I have to agree, maybe this guy was drunk and mistook a snarling dog for a chupa, but then again maybe he was pretty p***ed off after all his sheep and stuff were getting killed and this warped his brain into thinking it was a chupa, much like people used to blame witches if something went wrong back in the day...

Ames original.gif

I just did a quick search on the BBC news to see if they had anything and they had one story...

BBC News Chupa Story

Hope you find it interesting... here is the picture they had posted with it...

That pic is similar to some descriptions of the Jersey Devil as well. laugh.gif

I think it's really quite a funny picture and probably some guy who was writing the story's interpretation of what a chupa would possibly look like... still it made me laugh all the same... good old BBC... this is what I'm paying my licence fee for... tssk!

wink2.gif Ames original.gif

but theyre being 'seen' just about everywhere in the americas now that the craze is on. what you were talking about, ame, are called 'ABC's, or Alien Big Cats.

Ah cool, thanks for the info, that was just the nearest thing I could think of that we have to chupas here cos no one as far as I know has reported a chupa or anything in this country or continent original.gif

chupa's foul influence hasnt yet made its way to yalls side of the ocean.

Yeh, but if it does I will feel like I have known an exclusive tee hee...

i'm more inclinded to believe in that there is a small colony of people living in my hair and that there is a ghost in my shoe

Yeah there has been a big outbreak, I wonder if they show up in canada or alaska?

Next there going to be in euro, and the story is going to be like this...

" Today in Charleston, a large dog-like animal was spotted jumping roof top to roof top, local cryptozoologist amatuers say it is a beast originating from south and central america, called the 'chupacabra', officials say that it probably arrived with a shipment of bananas and mangos. We urge you to keep your pets and young children inside, with the doors locked and the windows shut."

excuse me if I spelt Charleston wrong.

Edited by DaRkSiDe

They haven't shown up in Oregon or Washington, except for one sighting I know of. But that was just glowing red eyes and a mangled dog body. It could have been anything from a bear to a couger to a wolf. So nothing definate. It was just one person. So they are starting to spread the myth north.

OMG... a great big chupa just landed on my windowsill!!

Oh hang on... just a pigeon.. my mistake.... dontgetit.gif

hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah. I love it. Great joke. My grandma has a cat I now call Chupacabra cause its eyes glow red in every pic.

post-9-1092703981.jpg

alien.gifcat.gifdevil.gif i keep getting the chupacabra,la chupracbra mixed up with the macarana and la cocuracha--lol

I think the macarena is much more evil than a chupa, anything that can overtake the globe like that has to be evil..... maybe they are chupas themselves!!!!