Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#61    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostHazzard, on 20 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Well, I think we should have a little higher bar than someone just saying something. People can (and do) claim all sorts of wacky stuff.

Extraordinary claims should, and in fact demands, extraordinary evidence.

An old lady saying that she saw the Loch Ness monster slither around on the beach, a fire breathing dragon up in the air, or an alien space ship over her house is interesting and all, but I wouldnt go around claiming there are dragons on Earth because of it.

Would you?

You know, based on past posting, I would say that answer would have to be yes. That is the logic we indeed are seeing.

Unfortunately.

The bar has dropped dramatically. I almost let out a sigh of relief when I see MacG and Quillius drop in. Lets hope we can pick up the 4th edition of the BE thread, and not see it dragged down into the depths of ignorance. I had hoped for a good start, but already we have a claim that people in blue jumpsuits is information that answers that which so many have already exceeded immensely, and yet still failed with. But some have no shame.

Congrats on the 4th edition mate. That has to be a UM record surely.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#62    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,089 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

We need to raise the bar ! I`ll call badeskovs he`s a bit worn out from work and all but Im sure he will come up with a new Drink of the- eday for us ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#63    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Perhaps someone would be willing to do a recap of some of the older cases we have gone over? Echo Flight, BoLA, or maybe Portage County, I haven't personally looked much into that one. Anything but Roswell though, I'm happy to leave that horse buried. ^_^

*Not for my benefit by the way, more to spark new debate.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 21 January 2013 - 01:37 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#64    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

The 1976 Tehran UFO incident has always been one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia....an_UFO_incident

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#65    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 January 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Perhaps someone would be willing to do a recap of some of the older cases we have gone over? Echo Flight, BoLA, or maybe Portage County, I haven't personally looked much into that one. Anything but Roswell though, I'm happy to leave that horse buried. ^_^

*Not for my benefit by the way, more to spark new debate.

Hey S2F, yes that would be good, I think Portage county would be a good place to start, it is quite intruiging. One thing I am struggling with on this case is trying to locate when and where exactly the 'seven steps to hell' logo was first introduced. This was apparently seen on the abandoned car that the officers first stopped to investigate moments before the UFo event unfolds. Some have said one of the officers introduced the 'seven steps' logo comment many years after.....

View PostHazzard, on 21 January 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

The 1976 Tehran UFO incident has always been one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia....an_UFO_incident

or we could go here instead...why not...

what is the general opinion from our more skeptical friends on this one?

#66    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Im glad this thread (series) is kicking up, again..... what is it now 3000 posts all togeather?  :nw:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#67    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostDBunker, on 21 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Im glad this thread (series) is kicking up, again..... what is it now 3000 posts all togeather?  :nw:

yes lets hope all the big hitters join in...I want to see McG and Skyeagle especially joining in.....come on chaps, I dare you.....in fact I double dare you.....

(maybe someone should send Sky a special invite for old times sake......

#68    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postquillius, on 21 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

yes lets hope all the big hitters join in...I want to see McG and Skyeagle especially joining in.....come on chaps, I dare you.....in fact I double dare you.....

(maybe someone should send Sky a special invite for old times sake......

I dont think thats a good idea, it didnt end well the last time. No, Skyeagle is doing the best of work over on the conspiracy forum. Impresive really.

A favorite of mine is the Cumberland spaceman.

http://en.wikipedia...._Firth_Spaceman

Posted Image

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#69    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostDBunker, on 21 January 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

I dont think thats a good idea, it didnt end well the last time. No, Skyeagle is doing the best of work over on the conspiracy forum. Impresive really.

does beg the question as to how someone can be so right and yet so wrong depending on the debate and position he takes.

I thought his best work was on UFOs.

Did you have any take on Tehran then?

#70    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postquillius, on 21 January 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

does beg the question as to how someone can be so right and yet so wrong depending on the debate and position he takes.

I thought his best work was on UFOs.

His personality, I guess. He is like a dog with a bone, no doubt. :tu:

Did you have any take on Tehran then?

Not yet....... Reading up on it now.

What do you think about the "spaceman"?

Edited by DBunker, 21 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#71    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,089 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

I love that Teletubbies one DB ! Its Gotta be real right ? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#72    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostDBunker, on 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia...._Firth_Spaceman

Posted Image

Im sure that this is all  the evidence that some people need to claim ET is here, but if you ask me, the "spaceman" has been debunked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#73    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,126 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostHazzard, on 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Im sure that this is all  the evidence that some people need to claim ET is here, but if you ask me, the "spaceman" has been debunked.

Oh yes, seems as tenuous as most of these satisfactory debunkings seem to be. Didn't he (the chap who took the photo) insist that there was no one else around at the time?
And i love his detective work: "Were hooded tops popular in 1964? Well, it may have been a Mod, who somehow managed to materialise and then disappear in the space of time it took to take one phot, and not be noticed". And this mystery Mod has his hood pulled up tight. Why was this? Well, "Weather conditions were breezy as we can see from the girl's hair blowing forwards". Really? Gosh, how's that for making assumptions to fit your theory. :-/

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#74    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 22 January 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Oh yes, seems as tenuous as most of these satisfactory debunkings seem to be. Didn't he (the chap who took the photo) insist that there was no one else around at the time?
And i love his detective work: "Were hooded tops popular in 1964? Well, it may have been a Mod, who somehow managed to materialise and then disappear in the space of time it took to take one phot, and not be noticed". And this mystery Mod has his hood pulled up tight. Why was this? Well, "Weather conditions were breezy as we can see from the girl's hair blowing forwards". Really? Gosh, how's that for making assumptions to fit your theory. :-/

At the very least we know that people, hooded jackets and wind exists on Earth,... and that our mind is notorious for playing tricks on us.

This seems like the most logical explanation to me,... instead of a hovering ET beaming in (and then out again)  just in time to spoil Mr Tempeltons photograph.

#75    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

His personality, I guess. He is like a dog with a bone, no doubt. :tu:

yeah I kind of buy that....of course there is the other possibility in that he knew whaat he was talking about over in this section too.......

Not yet....... Reading up on it now.

ahh the spaceman. For me there are a few things:

1- firstly he says he shot 3 photos and I dont think I have seen three. I have seen one other, and the girls expression is very different in this one, she is smiling in the 'spaceman' photo but shows sadness, bordering anguish in the other. I do not know the order of photos.
2- the excuse for not having seen this figure is that he is focusing through the lens of camera and could easily have missed a real person. I would argue that even if we accept he may have missed another human in shot, what the hell was his wife doing?
3- could it be his wife? exposure creating a slightly obscure version of her hence them not assuming it was her in the shot.

not sure...will have a dig and see what I come up with :)

View PostHazzard, on 22 January 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

At the very least we know that people, hooded jackets and wind exists on Earth,... and that our mind is notorious for playing tricks on us.

This seems like the most logical explanation to me,... instead of a hovering ET beaming in (and then out again)  just in time to spoil Mr Tempeltons photograph.

:no: :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users