Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fireball UFOs filmed over Ireland

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

What was behind that house? I mean why didn't he move from that position.

#32    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,181 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 April 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

WOW!

Impressive! Thank you fort sharing that one, I doubt many have such an experience, you might have got a hard time, but confusion in that situation seems pretty valid, if not mandatory!

:tu:

Taking heat in a fighter ready room is pretty much the norm :yes: and I dished out more than my share.   Your skepticism regarding what many perceive as saucers cruisng the skies is the correct mindset to have, though , because, as shown by my litttle example, the night sky can fool even a trained individual.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#33    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

lanterns. i have witnessed these in Oakham, UK, many times xx

#34    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Just been listening to the radio here . Its been confirmed that they are Chinese Lanterns. Sorry for the spoiler.

If you want some good old fashioned UFO stories Ireland has this old story called Jack in the Lantern. Its a very old saying it sources from lights in the sky.

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#35    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,323 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Googling around, I saw a LOT of people claiming these are Chinese lanterns, because apparently you can buy them easily in large numbers and releasing them is not even a nuisance crime. I guess this could be true, if the lanterns were coming down out of the clouds... But I also agree with the various people who say that the lights in the video are way too bright to be regular Chinese lanterns.

Got a snort from one poster on another site who claimed they could not be Flares because Ireland does not have a single military airplane. Which I found with a 2 second google search, was not true. Apparently Ireland has 24 military aircraft.
http://en.wikipedia...._Corps_(Ireland)
Apparently their only air bases are located on the East side of the island, not down in Cork.

Apparently the Irish Naval College is located in Cork...?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#36    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,181 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 April 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Googling around, I saw a LOT of people claiming these are Chinese lanterns, because apparently you can buy them easily in large numbers and releasing them is not even a nuisance crime. I guess this could be true, if the lanterns were coming down out of the clouds... But I also agree with the various people who say that the lights in the video are way too bright to be regular Chinese lanterns.

Got a snort from one poster on another site who claimed they could not be Flares because Ireland does not have a single military airplane. Which I found with a 2 second google search, was not true. Apparently Ireland has 24 military aircraft.
http://en.wikipedia...._Corps_(Ireland)
Apparently their only air bases are located on the East side of the island, not down in Cork.

Apparently the Irish Naval College is located in Cork...?

There are warning areas off the coast of Ireland, I am guessing, but no longer have any charts sooo.   Regardless, Ireland doesn't deploy any TACAIR so this would be teh RAF over the area dropping flares.  Just a guess however.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#37    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,323 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

It would likely help if we knew which direction the video is facing and where around Cork the video was taken. Then we could say whether or not the video was facing the water.... where the flares might have been seen.

The wind was moving right to left.. Which way does the wind in Cork normally blow in the evening?

Edited by DieChecker, 24 April 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#38    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,181 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 April 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

It would likely help if we knew which direction the video is facing and where around Cork the video was taken. Then we could say whether or not the video was facing the water.... where the flares might have been seen.

The wind was moving right to left.. Which way does the wind in Cork normally blow in the evening?

One thing I think we can all agree on is these are NOT extraterrestrial vehicles.  They seem way to bright for Chinese lanterns but not knowing the camera and such who knows.  I still say flares and transports do carry flares.

Edited by Merc14, 24 April 2013 - 01:37 AM.

#39    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hmmmmmm Simultaneous self-igniting Chinese lanterns? Pretty bright, non-flickering, candles for daylight, ya think? Show me. Flares also flicker, smoke profusely & are dangerous over populated areas (a big no-no). 0 for 2 people. Still not enough info for any conclusion with NO wind speed & direction or corroboration. Can't agree to anything. Just unidentified.

#40    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,181 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

View Postkwin, on 25 April 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

Hmmmmmm Simultaneous self-igniting Chinese lanterns? Pretty bright, non-flickering, candles for daylight, ya think? Show me. Flares also flicker, smoke profusely & are dangerous over populated areas (a big no-no). 0 for 2 people. Still not enough info for any conclusion with NO wind speed & direction or corroboration. Can't agree to anything. Just unidentified.

Aircraft flares don't flicker like a roadside flare and what makes yopu think they were ejected over a populated area?  The cameraman was in a populated area but teh flares could have been over the ocean.

#41    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostMerc14, on 25 April 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Aircraft flares don't flicker like a roadside flare and what makes yopu think they were ejected over a populated area?  The cameraman was in a populated area but teh flares could have been over the ocean.
Totally agree. This video could have been right on the shoreline where they were launching the Titanic related flares. Perhaps that is why the person filming it did not run around the house to get a better look, because he knew those flares were over the harbor?

Also on the video of the Titanic celebration, they were launching the flares in threes, just like is seen in the UFO video. And, the flares in the Titanic celebration video burn steady also, like those in the UFO video. And they drift at about the same speed and same downward velocity.

That is why I posted earlier it is too bad we don't know the videos location and the direction it was aimed. Knowing that would clinch if it was the celebration flares or not.

Also think that the person who posted the video on youtube waited 4+ months because they knew if they posted it same day, everyone would just say it was the celebration flares.

#42    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,181 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 26 April 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Totally agree. This video could have been right on the shoreline where they were launching the Titanic related flares. Perhaps that is why the person filming it did not run around the house to get a better look, because he knew those flares were over the harbor?

Also on the video of the Titanic celebration, they were launching the flares in threes, just like is seen in the UFO video. And, the flares in the Titanic celebration video burn steady also, like those in the UFO video. And they drift at about the same speed and same downward velocity.

That is why I posted earlier it is too bad we don't know the videos location and the direction it was aimed. Knowing that would clinch if it was the celebration flares or not.

Also think that the person who posted the video on youtube waited 4+ months because they knew if they posted it same day, everyone would just say it was the celebration flares.

Wow, you are way better at this than me.  I think, since there is no date on the poor quality video, that your theory may be spot on.  It all fits so perfectly!  Well done sir and you are the guy that needs to be proved wrong IMHO.  Great analysis!

#43    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Completely different time of day but....well close i guess, but also the titanic flares have no clouds in the sky.

Edited by Irrelevant, 26 April 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#44    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 26 April 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Completely different time of day but....well close i guess, but also the titanic flares have no clouds in the sky.

Good point about the clouds, so I found another angle:

Here you can see the flares overlapping the clouds. This camera seems to be of better quality.

Edited by HDesiato, 26 April 2013 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users