Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Seven Deadly Sins Project

Senkoujin

Hello everybody! TripMX/Senkoujin here! I am a fellow artist who's working on a new project called "The Seven Deadly Sins Project", and I need your help!

The 7 Deadly Sins are:

-Avarice

-Sloth

-Gluttony

-Lust

-Pride

-Wrath

-Envy

What I need is seven different artists/musicians who are willing to either create or submit an already created original song of theirs that would be related to a specific deadly sin. In return, your music will be promoted during the main events of the project on my Official Website as well as other websites (including FaceBook). In addition, if you have a website/profile page/etc., I will direct link it with your song on my official website as well.

If you are interested in assisting me in this grand collaboration, please PM/IM/message me ASAP.

Submissions are on a first come first serve basis, so if two or more people choose the same 'deadly sin', the first person will be accepted for the submission of THAT particular 'deadly sin'-themed creation, however, I will keep you all updated!

Submission Rules:

1. Please provide your artist/musician name.

2. Please provide your website address or FaceBook (if you have one).

3. Tell me how you want to send me the music file (.mp3,.wav,.m4a, etc.) [either by direct link or via email]

I will update this topic as we go! :)

If you have any questions, please let me know! =]

Thank you very much in advance!! ^^

Most Sincerely,

-TripMX aka Senkoujin

Man oh man it is like I tripped back in time a decade and a half ago and just purchased the 7 deadly sins e.p. collection...by I wanna say Pessimiser Records...but I can't be sure of that. And I am too lazy to dig through my eps and lps. So you can research it.

It was a lovely package though...all red and nice with an Unruh track as I recall.

Unruh / Catharsis Deadly Sins - Compilation 3x7"e.p.

The fourth 7" is only one sided

Rare Black Vinyl

Features the aforementioned MK Ultra, Damad & more!

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Deadly-Sins/release/1494527

Wow, now it is time to get drunk and listen to old crust and h/c songs.

Thanks for bringing up those old memories with your new project.

A The Black Hand – Sin Tax

B Catharsis – Sabbat (Dervish Dance)

C Damad – Feed Back And Forth

D Ruination – Mission From God

E1 Kill The Man Who Questions – A General Lack Of Integrity

E2 Kill The Man Who Questions – Consider This A Threat

F1 MK Ultra – Pray For Peace & Kill For Christ

Written-By – B.G.K.

F2 MK Ultra – Face To Face

Written-By – Faith (3)

F3 MK Ultra – Burn Warehouse Burn

Written-By – Feederz

F4 MK Ultra – It's Not In Your Heart

Written-By – Life's Blood

G Unruh – Sloth - Blessed Numbness

bubblykiss - Are these songs your original creations? I'm looking for current artists on this forum (are you one as well?) who can created or have created original songs that sound like they represent one of the seven deadly sins.

Edited by Senkoujin

*******THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS PROJECT START!!*******

rsz_thesevendeadlysinsproject_complete_zpsb58d7550.png

The Seven Deadly Sins Project Introductory Theme Song RELEASED!

HERE:

Also, available deadly sins have been updated! Anyone willing take on the remaining deadly sins?

;)

Envy, Wrath, and Lust have been taken!

Avarice, Sloth, Gluttony, and Pride remain as of now.

Edited by Senkoujin

Changes: All deadly sins have been taken except for AVARICE! If you still want to participate, please do so as soon as possible.

Changes: ALL seven deadly sins have been taken! I'll update this thread as the project unfolds! :)

• Like 1

I am interested in seeing the finished project Senkoujin, please keep us posted.

As an aside, checkout the Ompa Lompas, they have it covered.

• 1 month later...

Hello again everyone!! The deadline for submissions has come to pass, and there is enough content for The Seven Deadly Sins Project NEXT PHASE to initiate!!

WEBSITE UPDATED!

[+Added project page!

Visit my OFFICIAL MUSIC WEBSITE: TripMX ACCESS GET v2!!

^: Find the link to The Seven Deadly Sins Project page!!

I would like to thank everyone again for all of your hard work and generosity!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Dang, I have a buddy who plays in a band called The Avarice. Too bad I didn't see this earlier.

Dang, I have a buddy who plays in a band called The Avarice. Too bad I didn't see this earlier.

Hahaha, that's okay, I had already recruited a volunteer for deadly sin AVARICE, but I'll definitely keep you in mind if I may need to inquire with your buddy's band, thank you. ;)

*Project Update*

6 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website! :D

For now, here's another one of the released deadly sins:

***You may check out my website's official Seven Deadly Sins Project page for more info and updates!

Edited by Senkoujin

*FINAL Project Update!!*

7 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website! :D

Here's another one of the released deadly sins:

***You may check out my website's official Seven Deadly Sins Project page for more info and to watch all 7 Deadly Sin releases!

Edited by Senkoujin

• 2 weeks later...

***The Seven Deadly Sins Project COMPLETE***

rsz_1sevendsend_best_75percent_zps64d319ac.png

I would first like to thank everyone that participated in this project, everyone has done an outstanding job!! The various music from various artists from around various areas in the world is just such a wonderful concept to explore! We don't have to be famous or popular to be known or appreciated, and that's what this project was mainly aimed for---us! :D

To close this project, I present to you all the ENDING song of The Seven Deadly Sins Project:

Persecution:

^: This also marks my first song of 2015, xD!

IN ADDITION: Redemption (intro theme song for The Seven Deadly Sins Project) that was released last year exclusively on YouTube is now also available on my SoundCloud in higher quality!!

My Personal Thoughts about the 7 Songs:

(I've listened to them all each over a dozen times, haha!)

MidiSound's ENVY:

-The song totally gives me the feeling of something ominous is going to happen, and in the case of envy, it was a perfect match!

oldlibmike's GLUTTONY:

-Hahaha, the song reminds me of chilling out and relaxing in a nice comfortable place, and the song complements gluttony on all levels. Like professional lounge and it makes me hungry too! xD

Alpha Yui's WRATH:

-This song encompasses the deadly sin 'wrath' as if the creator was somehow tied to the deadly sin while making the song, thus giving an extremely close resemblance to true feeling of wrath! It's very very good!

Regdar and the Fighters' AVARICE:

-This song is called 'Tomb Raider', and the lyrics and sound certainly lives up to what can be deemed 'avarice', or greedy. I like this song quite a bit, and I can feel the rustic originality as well!

Apollo Justice's SLOTH:

-You can tell that this song was written exclusively in direct correlation to all sloth activity in the world, haha! The sound is both deep and intense, and it captures the sloth...personified! This song IS sloth reincarnate!

Maarten Schalley's LUST:

-This song is the original masterpiece by Maarten given exclusively to me for use with this project! The song captures lust in its purest form, and the original guitar solo warms the atmosphere to a level that even the deadly sin itself couldn't reach!

Scott A. Whitaker's PRIDE:

-The creation of this song is actually the most complicated process of elimination that I've encountered thus far! The song was originally made with another purpose in mind, but it turned out to be a great selection for the deadly sin pride because I felt it when I listened to it. This song also has a sort of medieval feeling involved as well, which is certainly great!! Also, thanks to Scott for also uploading the song to SoundCloud, as YouTube will almost always take away a bit of quality from our uploads. :)

Thank you all very much and thank you all for viewing and listening! :D