Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Papyrus refers to Jesus' wife

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#31    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 19 September 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

There is no significant way in which Christ having a wife and kids detracts from any part of the bible or the significance of Christ.  Nor his nature, nor the significance of his death, nor the possibility of his ressurection. Certainly it might offend some Catholic views which evolved in the centuries after Christ about women, sex and marriage.
I think it very probable that Christ was married and perhaps had children, although many jewish men did not marry until they were reasonably old because they had to prove themselves capapble of providing for a wife and family.
I just correct your post with capital C on Christ and Chatolic.
Btw I dont think it can offened Chatolics on rest I agree.

Edited by the L, 19 September 2012 - 04:21 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#32    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,171 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Even Luke (Gospel according to...) refers to Mary Magdelene as his most beloved above the other regular disciples.

A huge kick in the teeth to the Roman Catholic dogma of Male Supremacy... :clap:

#33    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 September 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Hmmm... why do I suspect that Christianism started as a Jewish sect that was hijacked by some misogynist and out came a new religion?

Wasn't his name Paul?

#34    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 19 September 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

I agree. Christs message is unaffected.
It does open up some interesting posibilities though......

"Jesus said to them, 'My wife and seven sons.........."

"Jesus said to them, 'My wife is a Roman you know?"

"Jesus said to them, 'My wife's father, Mr Abbas is coming over for dinner...."

"Jesus said to them, 'My father, whom you all know as Tiberius, was going to come for dinner, but at the last moment Caesar sent him and and the rest of his cohort to Germania'.

(Tiberius Iulius Abdes Pantera).

Now that would be something..lol.

#35    puckmomma

puckmomma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would accept it as fact. The Vatican knows about all the historical life of Jesus and now they have some explaining to do.... This could even change the dynamics in the Church.... Might make women accepted in the priesthood... Thats if the Vatican is'nt on damage control and don't accept this document.
I really don't see any negative in this but who knows.  My question would then be is there a blood line and could that be a reason he was crucified. And what of the Knight's Templar? What secrets were they really hiding?

#36    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Im not a very religous individual anymore, infact ive practically no belief left. If jesus did actually exist, I wouldnt be surprised if he was married. he was human, he had needs, he was entitled to love?

Posted Image

#37    MJNYC

MJNYC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm Catholic and I have no problem with Jesus being married.  I think priests should be allowed to be married too.  

I think the Catholic church does have a lot of explaining to do on this and should change their tune. :)

#38    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 September 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Wasn't his name Paul?

Mr. Saint Paul I believe. And his steps to evangelize were so well guided that 3 times a captain put a ship on poop he was traveling on. Not recorded is whether this was due to his preaching or because somebody tried to send him a message that never got there :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#39    Joven

Joven

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Imagination is more important than knowledge.... >Albert Einstein

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

jesus was a jew and was supposedly "rabbi" which means teacher. by law, if my memory serves me correctly, rabbi had to be married. not sure if there was an age requirement where one had to be married by. the issue of mary magdelene comes about from the removal of the sacred feminine from the christian faith. just as the wife of God was removed from all current versions of the bible. lots of editing by various peoples with various agendas has polluted the word necessitating the taking of the current Word and adding a bit of salt to make it palatable.

#40    la_paloma_blanca

la_paloma_blanca

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Ay guey, si guey, no guey, claro k guey.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 19 September 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Wasn't Jesus, being a Jew, pretty much required by jewish law to be maried by a certain age?
Christ was considered somewhat of a heretic.

#41    la_paloma_blanca

la_paloma_blanca

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Ay guey, si guey, no guey, claro k guey.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

It could possibly be accurate and authentic. Considering very few words and sentences, it could refer to anyone's wife including the scribe's.Not to mention Jesus and Mary were two very common names during that era.

#42    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,540 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostJoven, on 19 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

jesus was a jew and was supposedly "rabbi" which means teacher. by law, if my memory serves me correctly, rabbi had to be married. not sure if there was an age requirement where one had to be married by. the issue of mary magdelene comes about from the removal of the sacred feminine from the christian faith. just as the wife of God was removed from all current versions of the bible. lots of editing by various peoples with various agendas has polluted the word necessitating the taking of the current Word and adding a bit of salt to make it palatable.

He would definitely be considered unusual if he wasn't married. I suppose we may never know the truth.

The gospels were altered from religious texts to political texts in 325A.D, with unsuitable things removed (like any positive mention of the feminine).

#43    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

The act of crucifing jesus was merely an illusion to hide jesus and his family so he may live a "normal" life...... Well thats my thoughts.... ofcourse what do i know...im justa a caveman.....

#44    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

Ever since I did my own reading and thinking about religion, I decided that Jesus was married to Mary of Magdala and that the wedding feast at Cana was probably referring to his own marriage.  He probably had children as well.

For the life of me I cannot see what the big problem with this would be, or why the Catholic Church had to insist he was the celibate son of a virgin mother--no matter that the Bible says he had brothers and sisters!

After all, the message matters far more than these things, doesn't it?

#45    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

John, the Gospel of "John", is the only apostle that there is no mention of "his" family lineage.  He is often referred to as "the beloved apostle, closest to Jesus".  Many biblical scholars familiar also with the Gnostic Gospels voted out by the Council of Nicea for inclusion in the bible, believe that John is actually code for Mary Magdalene.  In the Gnostic Gospel of [beings with a P, not Paul], there is a discussion of jealousy amongst the diciples of how close Jesus was to Mary [John] and he "kissed her on the mouth" often.  Some scholars believe that this jealousy lead to Mary's accounts being drummed out of the bible; well, at least with her name on it..  That and the patriarchy of the time would not abide by any woman speaking the word of God.  Interestingly, the Gospel of Mary Magdalene was referred to by the others as "strange to us"..ie: she had some conversations with Jesus about the nature of God and man's purpose that none of the others were privy to.  And, large chunks of Magdalene's Gospel have destroyed parts torn out.  Since everyone knew about Mary's relationship with Jesus and they were afraid of completely excluding her accounts from God through her exposure to her very close and unique version of Jesus' teachings.  They simply changed her name to "John" and the rest is history, not herstory.

In various paintings of the last supper, a woman is shown to the right of Jesus, seated next to him.  The official statement on this from the roman catholic church is that "john was a young man with no facial hair".  But there are breasts, a woman's jaw, small hands...etc.  It was Mary Magdalene, not "John".  She was the beloved apostle.

Edited by SSilhouette, 20 September 2012 - 01:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users