Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Nazca Line Humanoid Depicts Dover Demon

dover demon nazca lines

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

I've made the connection between the Peruvian animal depictions drawn in the dirt and the sightings of the 'Dover demon'. It's a distinct possibility imv and a very good match. There's even the indentation of the skull shape in the middle around the level of the eyes. Anyone else see the likeness?

The Mysterious Nazca Lines Of Peru

Dover Demon

[A mystery faint glowing creature whose species survived from very early Antarctic imo]

Attached Files

Edited by NatureBoff, 07 August 2013 - 08:05 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Assuming that the Dover Demon exists of course.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

The figure on the right seems to have only a mushroom shaped head on top of two very long legs, the fellow on the left seems to have an oblong head with four limbs.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

"[A mystery faint glowing creature whose species survived from very early Antarctic imo]

So what makes you think that? Proof

#5    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 07 August 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

The figure on the right seems to have only a mushroom shaped head on top of two very long legs, the fellow on the left seems to have an oblong head with four limbs.
It's only a representation of course. Not many people would have seen the Dover demon compared to seeing monkeys, spiders, dogs, hummingbirds etc. The dog image only has three front toes and an extra leg cocked as if peeing against a tree etc. The humanoid is standing with two arms, perhaps one waving? The Dover demon is renowned for staring at people who see it and then slowly moving away. Calling the humanoid a Dover demon makes more sense than calling it the "astronaut" imo. Why call it that? It's a bit out of place now that the X-files mania has died down.

Here's a sighting of the Dover demon in a standing stance

Posted Image

Posted Image

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 07 August 2013 - 09:32 AM.
Removed copyrighted image

#6    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Did an outline of the Nazca figure. And I want to change my mind about what it looks like. I won't say what I think it looks like, but I think you'll guess.

*snip*

What I outlined in blue is either something connected to the shape or possible erosion patterns.

Edited by Saru, 07 August 2013 - 09:32 AM.
Removed copyrighted image

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,473 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

My guess is that the Dover Demon had a trip to Peru.... back in the olden days.  Even cryptids need a vacation now and again.

#8    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

so.....some drawings in Peru, created roughly 1500years ago, depict a creature that was reported being seen first in the late 1970's?

what did it take so long to migrate??

#9    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostEldorado, on 07 August 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

My guess is that the Dover Demon had a trip to Peru.... back in the olden days.  Even cryptids need a vacation now and again.
People don't like the idea of this being actually existing I think. It's creepier than a dogman-type cryptid for example because it's a bit otherworldly. There hasn't been any reports of it attacking people or harassing them for instance, unlike other possible entities.

#10    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

so.....some drawings in Peru, created roughly 1500years ago, depict a creature that was reported being seen first in the late 1970's?

what did it take so long to migrate??
First sighted by western white-man and reported to the media in the 1970's you mean. Native peoples from around the world have always been seeing strange and cryptid creatures. It's accepted in almost every culture except the modern scientific one. Because scientists can't film it, they assume witnesses are stupid or deluded etc.

#11    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostNatureBoff, on 07 August 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

I've made the connection between the Peruvian animal depictions drawn in the dirt and the sightings of the 'Dover demon'. It's a distinct possibility imv and a very good match. There's even the indentation of the skull shape in the middle around the level of the eyes. Anyone else see the likeness?

The Mysterious Nazca Lines Of Peru

Dover Demon

[A mystery faint glowing creature whose species survived from very early Antarctic imo]

Those two figures look nothing alike.  The Nazca figure does not have fingers or toes.  The figure you are trying to liken it to does.  The rest is much to general to even consider linking.  You can't just block out/ignore the parts that don't work in your theory.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#12    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 07 August 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Those two figures look nothing alike.  The Nazca figure does not have fingers or toes.  The figure you are trying to liken it to does.  The rest is much to general to even consider linking.  You can't just block out/ignore the parts that don't work in your theory.
I'd like to refer you to post#5.

#13    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

There's more of them! Were aliens depicted in Nazca lines Peru?

In the picture above, A mysterious humanoid figure is shown with two legs and two hands. However he seems to be wearing something like a gas mask on his face, and some kind of head gear. He has a pair of rectangular wing like projections attached at the back. Notice how is depicted as though he is looking up to another mysterious Nazca figure. What is he looking at?

It reminds me of the 1ft Flying Humanoid With 'Backpack' Sighting (The suite of luminous beings once native to dying Antarctica perhaps?)

Attached Files

Edited by NatureBoff, 07 August 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#14    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostNatureBoff, on 07 August 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

First sighted by western white-man and reported to the media in the 1970's you mean. Native peoples from around the world have always been seeing strange and cryptid creatures. It's accepted in almost every culture except the modern scientific one. Because scientists can't film it, they assume witnesses are stupid or deluded etc.

throughout human history, all sorts of creatures were and are allegedly seen. Bigfoot, Mothman, Fairies, grey aliens, blue aliens, even giant flying brains....that dover demon is a totally vaguely drawn, random figure, someone could pass it as an "albino gray alien" as well. The Nazca line figure is even more rudimentary. Where's the connection?

#15    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 07 August 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

throughout human history, all sorts of creatures were and are allegedly seen. Bigfoot, Mothman, Fairies, grey aliens, blue aliens, even giant flying brains....that dover demon is a totally vaguely drawn, random figure, someone could pass it as an "albino gray alien" as well. The Nazca line figure is even more rudimentary. Where's the connection?
You're not familiar with the early drawings from Victorian explorers who depicted giraffes and rhinos and kangaroos etc that were thought impossible by the lay audience of the time. There's a first time for everything.

Petroglyphs exist from early cultures all over the world. Hey, I've just seen some similar ones to the 'Dover demon of Peru' but carved in Sweden.

Attached Files

Edited by NatureBoff, 07 August 2013 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users