Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones spoiler threat silences class

Still Waters

Forget litter picking and mopping dining hall floors, how about threatening a spoiler to deal with a disruptive class?

On being faced with a noisy classroom, a maths teacher in a school in Belgium, threatened to reveal the deaths that take place in the third season of Game of Thrones.

http://www.telegraph...tive-class.html

• Like 1

Well played that teacher, well played...

• Like 2

I've got a spoiler right here. Books four and five are terrible.

• Like 2

Lol, genius. I don't watch GoT but I watch The Walking Dead and I've been avoiding spoilers because I've missed the past 2 episodes.

• Like 1

It is a sad testimony to a society if a class can be so easily controlled over the threat of a spoiler for a story series. I guess people really don't have anything better to worry about.

Whatever works though, I suppose.

No offense Ryu but you are so negative. Even the words above your avatar are negative. Just wondering are you ever happy?

• Like 2

No offense Ryu but you are so negative. Even the words above your avatar are negative. Just wondering are you ever happy?

What is so "negative" about my view?

Consider this, not all of those students even care about "Game of Thrones" so that particular threat would mean nothing.

Why not either give detention or a failing grade for the day for those who insist on fooling around? Much more effective.

Consider this, not all of those students even care about "Game of Thrones" so that particular threat would mean nothing.

Why not either give detention or a failing grade for the day for those who insist on fooling around? Much more effective.

I think Theon Greyjoys torturing from Game of thrones would be much more fitting... Ouch :cry:

How about forcing the kids to listen to a full hour of Spongebob Squarepants laughing maniacally? That is just as effective.

• Like 1

How about forcing the kids to listen to a full hour of Spongebob Squarepants laughing maniacally? That is just as effective.

I would rather the Greyjoy sausage chop, and I'm a fan of Spongebob...

It's not just this view, it's most of them. Just asking. Don't get defensive I don't want to argue with you or anything, you just seem down a lot.

• Like 1

It's not just this view, it's most of them. Just asking. Don't get defensive I don't want to argue with you or anything, you just seem down a lot.

(sigh) I am not being defensive...I answered your question and I am not looking to fight either. I just find it rather silly to assume that all these kids are going to give a rats whisker about a book series which is why I replied as I did. People seem to assume that because I don't march along with the rest of the troops that I am "negative" or if I don't have a blank and simpering grin all the time that I am "down".

I still think that giving the kids a failing grade for the day is far more effective and leave the superficial stuff out of it. Period.

But..whatever works I guess.

Edited by Ryu

(sigh) I am not being defensive...I answered your question and I am not looking to fight either. I just find it rather silly to assume that all these kids are going to give a rats whisker about a book series which is why I replied as I did. People seem to assume that because I don't march along with the rest of the troops that I am "negative" or if I don't have a blank and simpering grin all the time that I am "down".

I still think that giving the kids a failing grade for the day is far more effective and leave the superficial stuff out of it. Period.

But..whatever works I guess.

Ok, never mind. Sorry I asked about your well being. I understand your POV about this thread clearly.

• Like 1

Sorry I asked about your well being.

Oh for the love of...you apparently didn't understand what I said but that's ok because it is irrelevant. I don't act happy enough so that must therefore mean I am down. Ok..fine. Let's leave it at that so we can move on.

Oh for the love of...you apparently didn't understand what I said but that's ok because it is irrelevant. I don't act happy enough so that must therefore mean I am down. Ok..fine. Let's leave it at that so we can move on.

Soooorrryyy. It says 'born to fail' over your avatar. I'm moving on.

• Like 1

I'm more concerned about the age of the classmates. GoT isn't exactly kid friendly. Reading a book and watching the adaptation are two completely different things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Because if 7 kids out of 25 don't give a rat's patootie the other 18 will threaten to pound the snot out of them if they blow it and I find it refreshing that the kid's queted down with this fun threat rather than teh other punishments you offered. They all probably had a good laugh so lighten up and do the same.

I'm more concerned about the age of the classmates. GoT isn't exactly kid friendly. Reading a book and watching the adaptation are two completely different things.

Didn't think of that but you are correct. Begs the question, however, of at what age should a kid be allowed to watch this show? My son is 8 so I am a long way from having to make that decision but would be interested in other parent's, with older kids, opinions.

• Like 1

My son is 8 so I am a long way from having to make that decision but would be interested in other parent's, with older kids, opinions.

Not as far away as you think. My son is a year older and you would be surprised at what he tells me his friends watch and play, once a friend has seen or played something and bragged about it they want to follow suit...

I have let him watch a few clips from Game of Thrones as he asks what its about and likes to tell me 'You know nothing Jon Snow".

• Like 1

I make sure to never discuss a series or movie I haven't read or seen with one of my brothers. I'm not sure if he does it on purpose, but whenever a conversation about starts he always seems to say things like, "Did you get to the part where This Guy dies yet?" or some other major plot point ruining.

• Like 1

Not as far away as you think. My son is a year older and you would be surprised at what he tells me his friends watch and play, once a friend has seen or played something and bragged about it they want to follow suit...

I have let him watch a few clips from Game of Thrones as he asks what its about and likes to tell me 'You know nothing Jon Snow".

Right now I am so lucky as he is kind of self censoring. He can't stand to watch conflict. I have no illusions that this will continue, however and thanks for the

insight. Seriously, any is appreciated.

I make sure to never discuss a series or movie I haven't read or seen with one of my brothers. I'm not sure if he does it on purpose, but whenever a conversation about starts he always seems to say things like, "Did you get to the part where This Guy dies yet?" or some other major plot point ruining.

He is being a book prick. LOL. My wife gets quite upset if I don't spill the beans but I have held off for the most part. Things are diverging so much that it may not matter much longer. Not really. :whistle:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Right now I am so lucky as he is kind of self censoring. He can't stand to watch conflict. I have no illusions that this will continue, however and thanks for the

insight. Seriously, any is appreciated.

I remember those days of innocence. He still shy's away from anything excessive but its slowly ebbing away as he gets older. Its tough making decisions as with what they can be exposed too. You want to preserve childhood but realise holding them back can be detrimental too.

Luckily though he still likes a big hug before bedtime.

• Like 1