Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hello, I suppose

Dr Hu Dunnit

I'm not one for hellos or goodbyes (it's kind of from the KISS song Hard Luck Woman and the lyrics..."if not for that first hello, we'd never have to say goodbye." Goodbyes are painful. Oh what the heck. Hi.

I am a big conspiracy guy, I believe in ETs (the universe is too, too large for us to be alone) and enjoy reading, football and comics. Great TV shows with a running plot (24, Person of Interest, Fringe...those kinds). Family is very important to me, I lost mine growing up (divorce, cancer, mental illness) so I am not about to let mine go. Been married for 21 years with three kids.

Some day I hope to write a novel (I have two outlines from beginning to end), a comic series (one outlined from top to bottom) or screenplay for a TV show. I have a tone of ideas, but most of the people I meet are not interested or have no creative mind, so hopefully I can meet someone here to bounce ideas off of. Go a great steampunk/science-fantasy hybrid idea in my noggin.

My problem is typing. I suck at it. The best I ever did was 19 words a minute in high school, so when the time came I dropped that class and took business math to fufill that requirement.

I am a Christian/right-wing/conservative white male (all the evils in the world) ;), so don't hate me too much and my sense of humor gets me in trouble. My filter doesn't turn on until after I speak. I have to learn better.

Hello all. I hope to make some friends.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome! There are a few fiction writers of fiction here, by the way.

Welcome, Dr.! The Writer's Hangout on the forums might be of interest to you.

I easily type 50wpm!!! :yes:

But then I spend another three minutes correcting my gibberish. :blush:

• Like 2

Well, I am jelly of your abilities.

And bubbly, I had one back in the day, and despite my precise direction following, I still got things that made no sense and would have to retype it anyways. But thanks for the idea. It has been over 13 years since I had that one so maybe the tech has improved a tad bit.

Welcome to the forum Dr.

Its according to what subject we are discussing whether I am left or right. Look forward to seeing you around.

Hi and welcome Hu, hope you have thick skin. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thick skin? Good luck? I plan to stay out of certain forums that tend to get me emotionally fired up. It's not that I don't like to talk about my beliefs because I like to share them, but all it takes is one jackass to make some thoughtless comment to get me rolling down a road I don't like to travel any more. I've been there before and even if I start out peaceful, 99% of the time a shot is fired at me and my peaceful thoughts stop.

Are you actually a Doctor?

I'm not being a smart ass in this.

I must sound smarter than I thought. In my best William F. Buckley, "Well, good sir, I appreciate the vote of confidence as it pertains to my intelligence, but alas the only doctorate I own is that in the art of love, just ask my beautiful wife.

Naw. My name isn't really Hu either. I never even entertained the notion that you were being a smart ass. Now, my question to you is are you a fan of Henry "the Beast" McCoy?

Hello to you Dr Hu Dunnit. Welcome to UM :)

I must sound smarter than I thought. In my best William F. Buckley, "Well, good sir, I appreciate the vote of confidence as it pertains to my intelligence, but alas the only doctorate I own is that in the art of love, just ask my beautiful wife.

Naw. My name isn't really Hu either. I never even entertained the notion that you were being a smart ass. Now, my question to you is are you a fan of Henry "the Beast" McCoy?

I, my good man am singular in my vehemence in which I appreciate Dr. McCoy