Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Girls as young as ONE have sex change

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,034 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

Girls as young as one are being forced into sex change operations in India by parents desperate for a son.

Surgeons in the city of Indore are reported to be 'converting' hundreds of girls a year, who are subsequently pumped full of hormone drugs.

A report in the respected Hindustan Times newspaper said the 'shocking, unprecedented trend, catering to the fetish for a son, is unfolding at conservative Indore's well-known clinics and hospitals on children who are one to five years old.

'The process being used to 'produce' a male child from a female is known as genitoplasty.

Indian society places a strong value on producing a son and heir, with daughters often seen as an expensive burden to be married off.

Sex determination tests during pregnancy are illegal in India to try to prevent the common practice of women choosing to abort female foetuses.

In some states such as Punjab the ratio of women to men has dropped as low as seven to ten.

Wealthy parents from Delhi and Mumbai are reportedly flocking to Indore, a city in the centre of India, for the relatively low cost £2,000 treatment to surgically 'correct' their daughters.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

Unbelievable... :angry:

From what I understand people who have sex changes can't even have children naturally so how is this a feasible solution to your "I need a son not a daughter" problem!?

#3    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

You know what?  I was going to say how horrible this is (which.. it is) and how backwards and uneducated these people are acting..  

But seriously.. this has me so.. ticked off that good. let the numbers continue to skew like this... Maybe the population will crash and they'll freaking learn that what they're doing is detrimental.  Sometimes humans need something dramatic to get the freaking hint that they can't keep doing the stupid **** they do.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#4    sandcat

sandcat

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• “When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
    Margaret Drabble

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

what a backwards, degrading to women and utterly cruel society they live in, just another way that women are undeservedly picked on just for being female, it makes me so outraged that men have made this custom into what it is today and any doctor that is willing to perform such an abominable operation on a baby or child should be in prison because it should be a crime with the harshest punishment.

#5    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

This story is so shocking that I am going to buy this newspaper every single day just to be outraged.
I'm so angry that there's no way this report could be false.  I don't need verification, all I need is my indignation, salacious details and just a small, almost undetectable sprinkling of racism.

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#6    LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

This probably happens in most LEDCs. Its gonna take a long time, for women to be respected like their male counterparts. Its all these traditions and cultural practices which cause this stuff to happen.

#7    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,737 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Odd thinking, seems pointless to 'make' an infertile heir...  :unsure2:

#8    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Ho,hum, here I go again cocking another shell into the chamber of my .12 gauge. This is ridiculous.

Robbie James

#9    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

View PostMurrangurk, on 28 June 2011 - 06:05 AM, said:

This story is so shocking that I am going to buy this newspaper every single day just to be outraged.
I'm so angry that there's no way this report could be false.  I don't need verification, all I need is my indignation, salacious details and just a small, almost undetectable sprinkling of racism.
“Wolf! Wolf! Racist wolf!”
cried children so often for no real reason, so when racist wolf actually came by and refused to eat Little Too Dark Red Riding Hood no one paid any attention.

The story of child that cried wolf is part of my heritage. Only a racist would dare to comment on it with anything less than sheer servile approval.
See, it works both ways.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#10    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 28 June 2011 - 08:02 PM, said:

“Wolf! Wolf! Racist wolf!”
cried children so often for no real reason, so when racist wolf actually came by and refused to eat Little Too Dark Red Riding Hood no one paid any attention.

The story of child that cried wolf is part of my heritage. Only a racist would dare to comment on it with anything less than sheer servile approval.
See, it works both ways.

In far away India, where all the people are different, do you know what they do to their babies?

Did you know in China, where they don't have Jesus, they EAT their babies??

The Godless heathens!!!

If you can't see the xenophobic bull in this article, and if you can't see how xenophobia is the first step to outright racism, then this is certainly the newspaper for you!
Enjoy Ms Annoy.

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#11    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

View PostMurrangurk, on 29 June 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

In far away India, where all the people are different, do you know what they do to their babies?

Did you know in China, where they don't have Jesus, they EAT their babies??

The Godless heathens!!!

If you can't see the xenophobic bull in this article, and if you can't see how xenophobia is the first step to outright racism, then this is certainly the newspaper for you!
Enjoy Ms Annoy.
Aw, you drama queen.
I can’t see any xenophobic bull in the OP, but I can see a huge steaming pile of false flag **** in your godless heathens rant.

But that's just me, I don't let any media do the thinking for me, right, left, godless or with Jesus centerfold.
Grow up.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#12    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:48 AM

View PostPax Unum, on 28 June 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

Odd thinking, seems pointless to 'make' an infertile heir...  :unsure2:

They are in it for the dowry money that is often given to the groom's parents by the bride's family. All they have to do is atleast appear male, so they can marry and the parents can get their paycheck. It is technically illegal in India, but these old, deep-rooted traditions are still practiced in secrecy.

Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens- Jimi Hendrix
Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#13    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Why is having a boy so great? Killing your little girl for a little boy is pretty degrading to the 'family name'

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#14    TheBanana

TheBanana

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• please dont eat me!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

that is so cruel.

they need to realise that both sexes are important as a man cant carry a baby, and a woman cant get pregnant without a mans sperm, so if they have a country of just boys, there will be no next generation.

also, people who have had sex changes arent capable of having children as it cant give them eggs/sperm, just make their genitals look like the opposite sex.

theres also how all of these children are going to grow up very unhappy, as pretty much ever child who has been raised as the opposite sex has been, like when a boy was raised as a girl because something happened to his penis as a baby. you can change the genitals, but you cant change the brain, they still have a girl brain and will think and see themself as a girl, and will probably want to have another sex change when they are older.

*~Kay, Banana Queen and admin of TheMostHauntedForum.com~*

#15    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,043 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Cruel, selfish and outright pure evil.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users