Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dyatlov Pass incident

clockworkgirl21

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

This group of people decided to go on a hike in Ekaterinburg, Russia. They never returned, and a search party went after them. Eventually, the party found the camp site. The tent was damaged, and some footprints lead down to some woods, but they ended after so many yards because they were covered with snow. Beside the remains of a fire, two dead bodies of the hikers were found, only in their underwear. Three more bodies were found a nearby, and in poses suggesting they were trying to get back to the tent. The last four bodies were found months later, and had been covered by very deep snow.

In a medical examination of the first five bodies, no cause of death could be found, except for hypothermia. But the last four bodies found had skull damage and chest damage. The force to cause this damage had to have been strong. One expert said it looked like they had been in a car crash. There were no outside wounds on the bodies, but it looked like the last four had been pressed with high pressure.

Back when the bodies were first discovered, the search party noted the footprints of the dead people didn't indicate a struggle. One woman was missing her tongue.

From Wikipedia:

# Six of the group members died of hypothermia and three of fatal injuries.

# There were no indications of other people nearby apart from the nine travelers on Kholat Syakhl, nor anyone in the surrounding areas.

# The tent had been ripped open from within.

# The victims had died 6 to 8 hours after their last meal.

# Traces from the camp showed that all group members (including those who were found injured) left the camp of their own accord, on foot.

# One doctor investigating the case suggested that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, owing to the extreme force to which they had been subjected.[1]

# Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.

And more, during the funerals, loved ones noticed they all had orange tans and gray hair.

And one more thing, I thought it was interesting. More people had set out to go hiking, but changed their minds before reaching the camp site. One of them was this guy: Yuri Yudin, the sole survivor of the expedition, has stated, "If I had a chance to ask God just one question, it would be, 'What really happened to my friends that night?'"

This happened in 1959, and I just heard about it today. Very scary, and very interesting.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyDolly

• Sylent Nyte

• poir123

• bc56

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone posted on this awhile ago, and your right,the whole thing is indeed very scary.What could have caused these people to panic we don't know.The same goes for the people being crused and the woman loosing her tongue. Fortunately there haven't been any more incidences like this one.

There's an article somewhere on the internet that disproves this incident of any paranormal activity.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16671_6-fam...-solutions.html

The first one. :) Hope this helps.

that guys is an idiot there is no way an avalnche went through there, you wouldn't be able to find the tent it would have under 6ft of snow atleast. avalanche didn't happen.

scavenger got the tongue....yea idiot statement #2. Why do you think they couldn't explain the missing tongue?? bc on the face there were no scratches marks or anything no bleeding NOTHING. can you tell me an animal that wouldn't leave a mark or something to show it was there? don't worry i'll wait.....exactly. an orange tan huh... i've never seen a tan orange unless it comes from a can. A real sun tan will not be orange.