Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

gods children

Paulclitheroe7285

ok i came across this quote and i think it raises a gd point, and im only asking this (in the form of the quote) for my own (and probably other ppls) personal interest so

"if we are all gods children, then why is jesus so special?"

it raises a gd point

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M.A.D CapeBretoner

• Paulclitheroe7285

• Cadetak

• IamsSon

ok i came across this quote and i think it raises a gd point, and im only asking this (in the form of the quote) for my own (and probably other ppls) personal interest so

it raises a gd point

Well, not a christian, but I'll give it a go....

Well, on the face of it, he wasn't special...he was a human like us, bled like us, died like we do..... but he was god's representative on earth, sent specifically to die for our sins..... which makes him a bit special i guess :)

*edit* oh, and plus he can do all that cool loaves and fishes, water to wine business.... i can't do that :no: i've tried.....

Edited by samanthauk23

If there were a global accord that "we are all gods children", the many religious institutions of thought that attempt to define "god" wouldn't proffer philosophies of divisiveness in matters of god.

it raises a gd point

exactly, there was nothing special about Jesus, maybe he was a psychic or something, i dunno, but thats about it, he wasnt the son of any god

it raises a gd point

Good question! I dont know the answer anymore than you. guess we wont know until the time comes to meet him. but trying to do my best here...

Because he died for everyone else...

he brought the truth of the father our god and he showed how to see for your self within oneself.

Then he is no different that the preachers and priests and other men of god who continue to bring gods wisdom into the world

God calls us his sons like my old baseball coach called me and me whole team "son". He wasn't our dad he just teached us and trained us for a long time. Thats how I see it anyway.

Then he is no different that the preachers and priests and other men of god who continue to bring gods wisdom into the world

first of all he has a better understanding of the oneness of our god the father unlike those priests and other men of god because those other men follow that of the jews,jesus reveled the truth that the jews wanted so much not to give up and let the masses have.less control of.and by giving his life with that knowledge and showing it by the cross.

jesus would be like a shepperd which would guide you, the sheep to the all the father our god so look for jesus who shines so bright, for the way is long and hard and some stray from the path at hand.

it raises a gd point

There are several reasons (this is from the Christian perspective, so if it doesn't match your beliefs, don't be insulted or insulting):

1. Jesus is God in the flesh.

2. Although Jesus was tempted like all men, He never sinned and so did not deserve death.

3. Jesus died to pay for the sins of everyone else.

4. He is the only one of God's "Children" who has always obeyed Him.

If Jesus was not special, none of us would have the opportunity to return to unity with God.

well..let me try and answer, but I'd ask a christian's help on this one..I understand that humans are sons of god in the sense that they are part of his creation...however Jesus was also part of god himself..u know, this Trinity :Father, Son an the Holy Ghost ..are actually one..which is, divine matter..

in order for us to better understand god's teachings, he took human form: Jesus, a figure human kind would be able to relate to...

the fact that Jesus was said to be part of the divine, which materialised..that gave him access to more knowledge than the average "son" of god, and that made him special..

but this is all in theory..when it comes to the actual person, jesus might have posessed higher intelligence, eloquence, leadership skills..who knows?

What makes Jesus so special is that although he is a person and/or a man or THE Son of Man if you will....he's not really a human being like you and me or anybody else.

Everyone else is/was/will be......created. Jesus was not created, Yeshua the Messiah ALWAYS was. In the Begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God!

The thing you have to understand is, the Trinity know in Christianity, isn't divided, it is ONE. Hear all Israel your God YHVH Elohim is ONE!

Jesus is The Word. When he was put into Mary's womb, he became God's Living Word. God's Word was fashioned and given the flesh of a man. Just like men and women have their own flesh, but our flesh (although very important because it is the Tabernacle of our Lord) is just a vessel more or less, and it is our Soul and Spirit that make us Human. In the same sense, the Word of God is always the Word of God.......so, even though he was made the Living Word and born into the World as The Son of Man with human flesh, he was still The Word, not a man like anyone else.

Yes, we are ALL God's children, the work of his hands. But when Jesus is talked about, and refered to as THE Son of God, there's a big difference between the description of Jesus the Son of God and everyone else the children (sons and daughters 'lower case "s" and "d"). Jesus is called God's ONLY Begotten Son. Begotten and different because he is the Word and he is/the Word is God.

To better understand Christ you have to understand the original creation. Now in the Begining as was previously established was the Word (which was with and was/is God). So....before creation there was only God (Christ the Word included, GOD IS ONE). Then, when God decided to create the universe........setting aside a space for it......He spoke! Now, when he spoke it was The Word, it was Christ, it was Yeshua that came forth (begotten), and through the Word were all things made.

Speech itself is vibrations of sound, and if you delve deep enough trying to find raw answers as to what existence is you find out that "being" is movement, it's vibration. Everything that exists (both alive and non living) are moving, their sub atomic particles are bouncing and spinning around all over the place. EVERYTHING exists in vibration, vibration of the Word, the Messiah, the Saviour of the World Jesus Christ.

Which is why he said: I Am the First and the Last, and besides me nothing was made that has been made. (not a direct quote, but that's pretty much what he said).

So the answer as to "if we are all God's children, what makes Jesus so special".........besides the fact that he was without sin and died so that we all may live. He isn't a man or woman like the rest of us, he isn't actually a human being, (although he was the Son of Man and was given human flesh and lived the life of a man)......Jesus was/is the Word of God, and the Word is God. Why is he so special? Because He IS our Lord and Saviour, he is God, he IS the Living Word.