Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

waste

makaya325

i dont get y they call it intelligent design if god created life on 1 planet and created all the other trillions of planets lifeless. only a stupid creator would waste all that space.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makaya325

• Sthenno

• Jodie.Lynne

• Jok3r

i dont get y they call it intelligent design if god created life on 1 planet and created all the other trillions of planets lifeless. only a stupid creator would waste all that space.

You never know. He might have left the space open for other reasons. :devil:

ha yea u do have a point. but if we found out that we were alone, then god is very uncreative and would have some explaining to do

Edited by makaya325

what makes you think we're alone?

Because there hasn't been any real proof that their may be something among us.

Well, lets think on this shall we?

IF I were a member of an advanced race, I would observe a new world and its inhabitants for signs of intelligent life.

Upon finding such signs (cities, power generators, radio signals) I would observe stealthily to get a handle on the inhabitants possible reactions to alien visitors.

Depending on the tech level and and observed actions of said inhabitants would determine whether or not I would make contact.

In the case of dear old humanity, If I were an alien, I'd hightail it out of the star system, and post it "Hostile, Extremely hazardous natives" and quarantine the place.

Do you think, knowing our history, ANY intelligent species would want to contact us? We slaughter each other by the droves, what the feck would we do to aliens?

Or are you one of the human egotists who believe that the entire universe was made just for us?

A very antagonistic opening post, I must say. Not very well thought out, either. I'm inclined to close this thread, but against my better judgement it will stay open for the short term. We'll be keeping an eye on this thread though, and if it degenerates, my finger is hovering over the "close" button.

Right, to discussion (and when responding, remember that this is the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs board).

Regards, PA

Because there hasn't been any real proof that their may be something among us.

Well, I think there’s a difference between something being among us and something existing somewhere on a far off planet. We couldn’t possibly expect evidence of the latter, because we don’t have the technology to observe distant space in satisfactory detail.

maybe finding no evidence of life anywhere else... but then again, we have barely begun to look :D

(sic)"...but then again, we have barely begun to look." :D

Maybe we haven't found anything yet because they saw us first and they're hiding. user posted image

:lol:

Edited by Imaginary Friend

I don't see how you can have concluded that this is the only inhabited planet, makaya.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Maybe we haven't found anything yet because they saw us first and they're hiding. user posted image

:lol:

then they really are intelligent!! :D

For sure. Likely they are afraid we would try to form a United Planets like the United Nations and are keeping a low profile.

i dont think were alone, but if we ever were, god would be a total idiot wasting all that space. y couldnt he make the universe smaller?

I like it!

By that logic Christians must believe in life on other planets, at the risk of insulting the intelligence of their God.

I’ve heard worse theories.

It's funny that people think we could be alone yet were actually the creation of a very ancient race of people who have also built quite a few structures found all over the Earth. Not only are we not alone, we're actually deeply influenced by beings that did not originate on Earth.

It's funny that people think we could be alone yet were actually the creation of a very ancient race of people who have also built quite a few structures found all over the Earth. Not only are we not alone, we're actually deeply influenced by beings that did not originate on Earth.

even as a optimist about intelligent et life, what makes u so sure it exists when u have no evidence. i could list for and against et life existing.

A very antagonistic opening post, I must say. Not very well thought out, either. I'm inclined to close this thread, but against my better judgement it will stay open for the short term. We'll be keeping an eye on this thread though, and if it degenerates, my finger is hovering over the "close" button.

Right, to discussion (and when responding, remember that this is the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs board).

Regards, PA

PA why not click on the move button and put it in the Skepticism board where we can insult each other in peace? :rolleyes: I have notice a lot of stuff in this board that should be over there.

Back to the topic:

I think the Universe is filled with life, even things we don't recognize as life at this time. But then I am Pagan and to me life is what binds the Universe and makes it interconnect. It is the stuff of magic. :alien:

the universe is the garden to populate,god was probably a gardener and we are the creeping vine needing footholes to hang onto, which would be the other planets....as to calling the creator stupid,just sounds argumentative.

So why would ‘God create’ other planets with atmospheres no human could ever live in? And at distances that we can never reach – our technology will never get that far before we destroy ourselves.

:D some really funny replies to the question :rofl::rofl:

but anyway...I think there are some passages in the bible which could be interpreted as referring to the existence of aliens..(something like..god is a sheperd to other sheep, as well)..I do appologise for not being able to provide the exact passage, but maybe someone who has a better memory can. :)

but I wonder...why make the universe smaller?why should space matter? a waste for whom? :hmm: on the other hand, the question could prove to be interesting if we ask it like this: WHAT IF it was made this big for a reason? ;)

Or maybe it’s all a con, and the planet exists in a void with nothing more than a painted starscape above it and a gurt big lamp for the sun. No? Oh, OK…

1) Who calls what an "itelligent design?"

2) Have you been to all the other "trillions of planets" for yourself to see if intelligent life was there?