Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Monster Seen on Camera in Sewer

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 April 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

I said i don't think it's a monster.  :huh:
I wasn't talking about you Brac, I was talking about the person who shared the video on the link you gave us. Sorry, It wasn't very clear.

Thanks for sharing the video by the way.

#17    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

View PostJVE, on 04 April 2011 - 10:00 PM, said:

I wasn't talking about you Brac, I was talking about the person who shared the video on the link you gave us. Sorry, It wasn't very clear.

Thanks for sharing the video by the way.

Ah, ok.  :tu:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#18    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Princess Usagi SL Serenity

• 8,561 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Interesting. I didn't catch the first part because I was messing around with the thread. Then I scrolled down and watched the first part.

I don't know what the first part was but the second could have been a homeless person.

Someone take the first part and slow it down some. It might help to identify what that thing is.

Edited by Moon Princess, 04 April 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#19    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 April 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

Because i can tell. I've studied movies since i was 6 years old. I have Aspergers Syndrome, which leaves me with an almost obsessive interest in the film business and how it works.
Holy ****, you have Aspergers?! I had no idea!

Anyways, the footage is cool, but I am doubtful of some of the shots.
Someone should download the video and post still frames.

Edited by Thesantanafan, 04 April 2011 - 10:24 PM.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#20    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 April 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

So you haven't seen the original footage for yourself to confirm?

I'm not saying that you are wrong.  You may be right.  But I don't see how anyone can make a determination about whether these short, low quality clips have been digitally edited.  I don't claim to know one way or the other, but your statement was fairly emphatic so I thought that perhaps you had more information that you were working from than the rest of us.

Well, i have no evidence of it, but i can tell you without a doubt in my mind that there is no cgi in this footage. It could be a puppet, but i doubt that because it's too articulated.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#21    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 April 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Well, i have no evidence of it, but i can tell you without a doubt in my mind that there is no cgi in this footage. It could be a puppet, but i doubt that because it's too articulated.
You may very well be right on the money. :)

Do you have any more info about the footage?  Where exactly it was shot (geographically)?  Etc..?

Maybe it is one of those tiny monkeys like the one that Jaime Maussan tried to convince the world was an alien?

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,954 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 April 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

You may very well be right on the money. :)

Do you have any more info about the footage?  Where exactly it was shot (geographically)?  Etc..?

Maybe it is one of those tiny monkeys like the one that Jaime Maussan tried to convince the world was an alien?
Good point. The Scale of the critter is not clear. I was assuming that it was man sized, but it very easily could be the size of a housecat.

If you look at the very first part, the tunnel/sewer seems to be made of standard sized bricks, with a one brick step into the cross tunnel at the end. If this is true, then the citter that runs across is only two bricks high. A standard UK brick being 3 inches high, that makes the animal 6 inches high and maybe around 16 to 20 inches long with the tail included. That could be a housecat of some kind, or maybe a small fox? I tried to take a still from when it just enters the round sewer pipe. So the second pic below is the front of the critter.
New Picture (1).jpg
New Picture (2).jpg

The critter at the end of the video is way too blurry to rule out being fake. I've taken a still and blown it up to 200%.
New Picture.jpg

Do monkey eyes glow like that in artificial light?

Edited by DieChecker, 04 April 2011 - 11:43 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

I just took another look in full screen and I'm convinced this is probably CGI.

Why?

There is no reflection in the water of the "creature".  The eyes would be mirrored/reflected in there just like you see the bricks reflected.

Anyone disagree with that reasoning?

#24    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 April 2011 - 12:17 AM, said:

I just took another look in full screen and I'm convinced this is probably CGI.

Why?

There is no reflection in the water of the "creature".  The eyes would be mirrored/reflected in there just like you see the bricks reflected.

Anyone disagree with that reasoning?

Not necessarily. The placing of it would matter for it to be reflected. Just like a mirror, at has to be at the right angle for you to see it's reflection.

#25    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

maybe its an alien alligator :w00t:

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#26    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

View Postgnostic-deist, on 05 April 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

maybe its an alien alligator :w00t:
Na, it's another Hoax.

#27    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,273 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

look at the video upload data it says.t-com-fe0a605ae8da-april_fool_gag_by_united_util

That is from a comment ,I do not have time yet to try it...

Edited by Sakari, 05 April 2011 - 01:33 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#28    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,273 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

SIGHTINGS of an unusual-looking animal in the sewer network in the  North West, which we reported this morning, were an April Fools Day  hoax.

The creature, dubbed 'Messie', was described as being 'far too big for a rat, standing upright on strong back legs'.

Grainy CCTV footage of the 'creature' was filmed in real sewers as part of the stunt.

Water company United Utilities came up with the idea to highlight the perils of flushing inappropriate items down the loo.

Botta bing , Botta boom.....solved

http://www.lancashir..._sewer_network/

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#29    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

Nice Sakari. :tu:

#30    JonathanVonErich