Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fox Bites Off Baby's Finger In Cot Attack

fox cot finger baby bromley

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#46    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

My mothers back door was broken  a few years ago, it would not close over ( something happened to the lock and hinges ) The door would not close properly at all... Hinges and locks had to be replaced, .. Same with my kitchen window, the locks were broken and the darn window wouldn't close right...We had to get new locks put on, but in the meantime we had to stuff scrunched news papers around the edges to stop the draft getting in .. So yea I believe her story..   I am not that eager to blame the mother, and even if she was to blame, I understand mistakes do happen...  I feel sorry for the mother, I am sure she is blaming herself over and over...  Just because we don't hear all the facts, doesn't mean we must jump the gun and shoot off any assumption we think of ...

The link to where I copied that from is posted under it..

'We get foxes in our garden all the time. My son recently saw a fox walking along the fence like a cat."

"Things like how they dispose of their rubbish is really important, and bagging things up and not feeding the foxes."

Have also taken the above 2 from the link. As i keep saying, they know about the problem about the foxes so they have to start protecting their children more, and the rubbish is a problem in many inner city areas.
I know Bromley,  the area is not crime free, so my point is you do not leave a broken back door, broken for too long in those areas.
I feel for the mother and although it sounds as if I am blaming her, that is not my intentions, but better precautions could have been made considering the area knew of the dangers of foxes. (above post from link proves this) if people threw their rubbish away properly the foxes would soon move on and not breed even more there.
Where I lived (not too far from Bromley) we had foxes too and 1st, would never leave the back door unlocked if we were not sitting in the garden ourselves, because of thieves and secondly, we were always aware that foxes were a threat.

Saying all that, i so hope the child makes a full recovery and is young enough not to get emotionally scarred. poor little boy.

Edited by freetoroam, 12 February 2013 - 06:01 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#47    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

My main concern is fox hunting yes. The baby is OK. I'm glad he is OK. I'm worried thousands of foxes will be torn apart by dogs while a bunch of idiotic morons watch to increase their self worth.

That's the hate campaign that the emdias are starting.

Theya re jumping on this for that exact reason. I doubt if this was a dog youw ould ahve even heard about it.

Edited by Coffey, 12 February 2013 - 05:42 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#48    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

My main concern is fox hunting yes

I know that, I saw that if anything else,  ...My own ;love for animals will never  over take my love for my own kids

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#49    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I know that, I saw that if anything else,  ...My own ;love for animals will never  over take my love for my own kids

I would never be that way either. As i said the baby is fine, it's not nice for him and I hope he recovers mentally as well.

That's not the issue now that the baby is OK, the issue is how far will the hate machine go. The media is making it their goal to make sure the readers hate the fox. Cleary demonstrated by how they completely destroy the animal experts opinion on how fox's are not dangerous by putitng load sof examples to counter his arguement after his comment.

Also why would they even mention boris?

This is a campaign and it's too obvious, the media don't care about the child, the child is a just being used. If you care for the child then you would realsie that by how much it bangs on about fox's and even mentions culls.

We should cull Pedophiles, dogs and computer games too.

Edited by Coffey, 12 February 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#50    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

I feel for the mother and although it sounds as if I am blaming her

There are people out there that have more love for animals than they would for a baby...and sadly some of them have children..

I feel for the mother and although it sounds as if I am blaming her, that is not my intentions, but better precautions could have been made considering the area knew of the dangers of foxes            

I don't want this to sound mean BUT It is too easy for us to sit at home reading saying couldda wouldda shouldda.. Think about it it is that easy, because it didn't happen to us... I agree she would have been more careful, but she made a mistake and it was costly enough ...  We all do it  ( making mistakes ) some of our mistakes waken us up, some scare the crap out of us

Look at Jamie Bulgers mother.. What's the bet she was forever watching little Jamie,  and it took that one moment when she turned away, that's when he was taken and killed...   So the mother in the article, could have been one to constantly watch over her few week old infant, but didn't do something about her back-door to keep it closed...

Fact is, none of us were there, we don't know the full story....

#51    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Also why would they even mention boris?

That's the media...Hype it up and get people worried over something that may not happen..  Unless now you like to look at the media as those who will tell it like it is and not exaggerate and pump fear !!

#52    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

The foxes would  not be in the inner cities if the food was not thrown on the floor encouraging them in. Not only that, its not hygienic for the children or adults when the area is treated like a ghetto.
Was taking a walk with my husband and dog earlier, some one had dropped their unfinished fast food in the street, my husband said " how? how can someone just think 'I have finished with that, do not want any more, so I will  just drop it here'?
my answer to him was, thats the problem, they do not think!
Same goes in the inner cities when people can not be bothered to get rid of their rubbish properly because they think its down to the councils to sort it out!  My old council would not collect rubbish bags if they were not in the bins provided, this meant that we were then  left with black sacks on the street for another 2 weeks while the foxes were having a field day with them. So the councils also have a lot to answer for.

ps: they were not my black sacks,

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#53    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 12 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

The child will probably have a phobia for anything that resembles a fox, poor thing.

Might not though, it is only a few weeks old, it may not remember ...

#54    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

That's the media...Hype it up and get people worried over something that may not happen..  Unless now you like to look at the media as those who will tell it like it is and not exaggerate and pump fear !!

I see the media as a tool for agendas, and that is a proven fact. The media can change what everyone wants by pumping fear into people.

So yes yes I am worried that they will bring fox hunting back due to the medias hate campaign. That's my whole point formt he start. It was the media we can thank for Iraq and Afghanistan. (Rupert Murdoch purposely made all his papers push for the Iraq war, he had a lot to gain from it)

Edited by Coffey, 12 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#55    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 February 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

The foxes would  not be in the inner cities if the food was not thrown on the floor encouraging them in.

Which is absolutely true, you are right with that..  If they are going to do something about the foxes, I would say the more sensible approach would be to quit leaving rubbish out in the streets  for foxes    Foxes will take food were they can get it.....A rubbish bin is the ideal place for them along with hungry stray dogs and cats .

#56    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I see the media as a tool for agendas, and that is a proven fact. The media can change what everyone wants by pumping fear into people.

Which by the looks of it, has worked on you !!

#57    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Which by the looks of it, has worked on you !!

LOL, not the way i mean though.

It causes people to fear foxes which in term causes legalisation of fox hunting.  That is their agenda.

My fear is that people fall for it.

Edited by Coffey, 12 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#58    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 February 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

My fear is that people fall for it.

It hasn't made me think  they are dangerous, and anyone else with the sense to know better ..  They are however pests to farmers

#59    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Here is 3 different stories fromt he past 2 days of dog attacks on children:

http://www.cambridge...og-11022013.htm

http://www.burnleyci...by_in_Kelbrook/

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-21401475

There is thousands more on google, i stopped at 3 cause I didn't want to spam.

My point being, they aren't shoved in our faces or have Mayors/goverment commenting on them.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

It hasn't made me think  they are dangerous, and anyone else with the sense to know better ..  They are however pests to farmers

I've seen more than 20 odd idiots on facebook calling for Fox hunting to be brought back and loads more asking for a cull. Just becuas eof this news story.

You might not be easy to "brainwash" but the majority of people don't know how to think for themselves.

Edited by Coffey, 12 February 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#60    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,097 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Fact is, none of us were there, we don't know the full story....
....... which got me wondering: how do we know for sure it was a fox that attacked the baby? Do we just have the mother's word? I really can't believe that a fox would prise open a door and go inside looking for food, and whatever was wrong with the door was it really left wide open at this time of year? The last time a baby was allegedly attacked by a fox(and that baby was upstairs!), it occurred to me that the family dog/cat had been the culprit, which could look like negligence on the parents' part, and so they said it was a fox ........ lots of sympathy immediately thrown their way and no blame! In that previous case the 'expert' said the fox could have been encouraged to go in the house because it found the smell of the dirty nappy attractive!!!!!! Gimmee a break ...... since when have foxes eaten s**t out of choice?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

Also tagged with fox, cot, finger, baby, bromley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users