Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange shadow in the closet

peachwater

Can anyone explain to me what this is? Took the picture last night. Bottom right.

post-145115-0-82175600-1389053730_thumb.

• Like 1

I see nothing. Is that the full image, or do you have a less trimmed version?

I see nothing unusual, just light and shadows

Looks like argyle...

oh, sorry bottom right

i see nothing, maybe some socks or tights on the floor

Edited by Kelevra
  • Like 4

I don't see anything. Even normal pareidolia is unable to pick out any humanoid forms or faces.

seriously? geez...it's your closet. and a pretty bad selfie

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

Hmm, I smell a TROLLOLOLOLOL!

I'd suggest a new lightbulb, mysterious shadows seem to fear standard lightbulbs.

• Like 2

Seriously you see nothing? This is actually her mother that posted this..I see it and we had someone else take a look and they said it was a trans something rather..I just wanted another opinion. No troll here..I dont know how you can not see it, it literally scared the **** out of my husband and I.

trans something or other...yeah

you need to be talking to that person then because none of us see anything

It's not a sweater or tights there was nothing in that corner...It is something!!

post-145115-0-88488800-1389059694_thumb.

There really is NO need for rudeness...Just asking for help.

glare of light on the lens, its carpet so some of it might be going against eh pattern of the rest, light reflecting in off something shiny...also something round so possibly the door knob.

Theres really not enough there to suggest its not something mundane

I am normally able to see things or imagine things but i can't do either with your picture sorry

• Like 1

I still see nothing.

I am sorry to say but it seems like someone badly wants to see something "unusual" and let their imaginations take the drivers seat instead of logic.

• Like 1

Strange, we can see it as clear as day even in the small picture. There is no knobs or anything near it.

It's there!!plain as day I have no idea why you people cant see it...It looks like a freaking skeleton cat!!! But whatever everyone wants to pass it off or throw negative **** at me...I dont care..I see it, my husband sees it, my daughters see it, her grandfather sees it......So there you go its not a light reflection its not clothing its NOT a knob...And its clear as day.

Well, there you go.

If you are so convinced it is something, even though no one else here sees it, then what do you care what we think? Why did you even post it to begin with?

You even asked us what it was so I would have to assume you were at least somewhat open enough to the possibility that no one else seen anything and that it was just pareidolia (seeing images in random or meaningless patterns and shadows) so please don't get upset because none of us are sharing in this illusion.

By the way, if one is convinced that a shadow is a real something then this is all your mind will allow itself to perceive or interpret. It is also possible your family may claim to see what you do because either they don't want to be screamed at for not seeing it or have been influenced because you believe in this "image" so much.

Just my view, though it is obvious our views are of no value to you. You wanted our opinion and we gave it to you but you really didn't want it, you just wanted us to confirm your convictions.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 4

I think I see what you're talking about, but I don't think it's anything paranormal. Simple case of pareidolia, your brain trying to recognize faces where there are none. Look for long enough at almost any photo and an imaginative person will find stuff like this.

Thanks beelez for the positive feedback, and your right RYU I'm not interested in ppls negative opinions saying my daughter looks like a gargoyle or I'm a troll or delusional not into fighting or debating with you either. I'm just not understanding why other ppl cant see it!! Period.

Edited by CassidyEnns

Ok CassidyEnns, If you think this is negative and rude comments I think you barking up the wrong tree. Only one person is kinda rude (I believe he is refering as trolling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29) , other are here to explain, VERY politely what Pareidolia is. What you are wanting is people to give you positive reinforcement over something that is easily explained. I'm sorry but it is Pareidolia.

Now, If you please take the time to read this link, it explains what Pareidolia is.

http://www.abovetops...hread688536/pg1

Edited by Brian Topp

Thanks for the beelez for the positive feedback, and your right RYU I'm not interested in ppls negative opinions saying my daughter looks like a gargoyle or I'm a troll or delusional not into fighting or debating with you either. I'm just not understanding why other ppl cant see it!! Period.

no one said your daughter looks like a gargoyle. get a grip.

someone used the word argyle, which is a pattern of fabric. maybe you should calm down for crying out loud and realize that we quite honestly don't see what you see. you seem like a very suggestible and gullible person and therefore it's no wonder you think you see monsters in the closet

• Like 1

Here's a more pressing question: Why post a photo on an internet forum looking for opinions, only to disagree with all of them? Do you just want people to pat you on the back and tell you you're awesome for finding something? If this is the case then you really should find a different site. Members here are largely of the skeptical (or at least level-headed) variety. Its rare when something gets put up here that intrigues us even remotely, let alone is able to withstand careful scrutiny by the many knowledgeable people here.

If you just want people to confirm what you already "know" you best move on. There are plenty of woo woo sites out there.

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 2

K this was pointless, I will never post anything on this site again..Lesson learned. Thanks for the help people.