Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California Police arrest 150 students for

Ufo Believer

From - Press T.V.

Police in the US have arrested at least 150 students participating in peaceful nationwide rallies to protest against cuts in educational funding.

Baton-wielding police said Thursday they arrested the protestors who blocked a freeway and caused traffic for an hour in California's Oakland region.

According to authorities, one protester suffered serious injuries after jumping from an elevated freeway while officers were making arrests.

Students, teachers, parents and others rallied in what is being called the "March 4th National Day of Action for Public Education."

The first sign of protest came midday at the University of California at Berkeley, with yoga students holding class outside to avoid crossing picket lines.

More here: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=120092&sectionid=3510203

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracybeliever

• AROCES

• Pseudo Intellectual

• BlindMessiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Im all for free speech, but you cant block a freeway over it. Why didnt they just prostest on school grounds?

Im all for free speech, but you cant block a freeway over it. Why didnt they just prostest on school grounds?

We have learned in this nation that simple/boring protests get nowhere. To get attention you just have to go out of your way to do so ... sad to say. <_<

We in this nation need to start recognizing peaceful and well though out/safe protests or we will have what we had here, which is the way they want it ... well they get!!! I don't like this anymore than you do. Yet borey just does not get a story!!!

I don't care where they protest or how as long as they are FINALLY getting involved and doing SOMETHING!! Good for them. It will be something to tell their children & grandchildren about in later life. And they hurt no one. :tu:

That is the game, do something like blocking a freeway and hope for a baton to hit someone and then become the victim.

Have someone post it like here as they are PEACEFUL protester. These student are acting like spoiled brats demanding money from their parents.

Edited by AROCES

I don't care where they protest or how as long as they are FINALLY getting involved and doing SOMETHING!! Good for them. It will be something to tell their children & grandchildren about in later life. And they hurt no one. thumbsup.gif

Demanding someone else to pay for what you want to you is FINALLY doing something.....LOLlaugh.gif

Demanding someone else to pay for what you want to you is FINALLY doing something.....LOLlaugh.gif

This from someone who thinks filing bankruptcy and dumping your debt on everyone else is financial genius!? :blink:

This from someone who thinks filing bankruptcy and dumping your debt on everyone else is financial genius!? :blink:

I think you are confusing me for Aroces.

That would be a mistake.

Harte

What the hell were they doing on the freeway, damn rights they should have been arrested. So what where they protesting again LOL

Really misleading title. Once you run onto a freeway and block traffic you are no longer "peacefully protesting".

Peaceful protests don't go far. By your logic, Bunny, the Civil Rights Movement protesters with sit-ins in peoples' offices weren't peaceful. You don't go anywhere in getting a movement going without impacting traffic, or someone's workday, because most people will not listen until it's the /only/ way to go about their business.

Ghandi told his people to sit down in the streets to get their independence. They also were beaten by the english police. Was that not peaceful? as they didnt hit back.

I think you are confusing me for Aroces.

That would be a mistake.

Harte

That reply was to Aroces. Look back. I don't know what you're talking about.

damn right they took a stand, and caused some havoc. I wish more people these days had the guts to stand up and take a baton, bleed in the name of what they believe in. Its something we've really lost in today's society, people today are always so subservient, everyone talks about change or what bothers them but noone ever does anything about it.

I would be more than happy to make Berkeley hippies bleed for what they believe in. :devil:

We have learned in this nation that simple/boring protests get nowhere. To get attention you just have to go out of your way to do so ... sad to say. <_<

That's true. You also have to accept the consequences. If you believe in your cause, it's worth it.