Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bigfoot Footprints Found in Malaysia

bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• 2,630 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

It could be the Orang Pendek which is known to be in Malaysia but that is only 200+ miles to the north of this location.

that is the only one of the so-called bigfoots that is small in stature (4 foot tall) but it is said to be extremely strong

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 18 June 2013 - 06:21 PM.

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

#17    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

It could be the Orang Pendek which is known to be in Malaysia but that is only 200+ miles to the north of this location.

that is the only one of the so-called bigfoots that is small in stature (4 foot tall) but it is said to be extremely strong
Yep, it's the same kind of creature for sure. The elongated shape of the foot fits with others and indicates their arboreal nature and ability to wrap their feet around a branch.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#18    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

I just love these stories of isolated villagers having their daily routine disturbed by an incident created by another villager that is so sick & tired of also being isolated,that he/she/they creates an interest in tourism in the area to improve their financial prospects etc. lol

Edited by GirlfromOz, 19 June 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,344 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Sorry to suggest this, but does ANYTHING UNUSUAL NOT cause "panic" in Malaysia?

No offense to Malaysian's, as I've seen this general type of reaction in other regions as well.

Edited by pallidin, 19 June 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#20    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,036 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postpallidin, on 19 June 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Sorry to suggest this, but does ANYTHING UNUSUAL NOT cause "panic" in Malaysia?

No offense to Malaysian's, as I've seen this general type of reaction in other regions as well.

:lol:
I believe its the way we use the word ... we don't really 'panic' over every little thing but we do use the word 'panic' over every other word near to it
If that makes any sense ...

We 'panic' when we are late for instance ... and we say 'jangan panik' whenever there's anything going off track ... all the races use the expression ... malays, chinese indians and expats //

But it is Jangan Panik .... not 'don't panic' ...and its in a bluesy tone ... jazzy ... not heavy metal ... an example would be ...  :lol:
"I got a new pair of football boots ... jangan panik ber ... " ber here means buddy or brother ... or 'OTAI' ... short for 'Old Timer'

We try not to sound like an European or Westerner when we use the English Language ... it sounds obnoxious among ourselves ...
maybe its that Colonialism left overs thing ...

someone will be talking in the mother tongue and suddenly you'll get one of these distinct expressions popping up , you'll have to be here to know what I mean ...
:yes:
~cheers

`

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#21    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

This area is not far from Sumatra, and it would not be a stretch to find that this animal is an Orangutan that was illegally imported for the pet trade which escaped or was released. A couple of hundred pounds is about right for an average specimen, they will walk upright when crossing open areas and it was headed for the forest which makes sense if it was an Orang, as they are arboreal. The feet are unlike humans (and bigfoot casts for that matter) but I saw no pictures of the prints for comparison.

BTW, there are close up pictures of a "Skunk Ape" in Florida a few years ago that was almost certainly an escaped Orang. You can find them on this site.

#22    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,036 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostSundew, on 20 June 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

This area is not far from Sumatra, and it would not be a stretch to find that this animal is an Orangutan that was illegally imported for the pet trade which escaped or was released. A couple of hundred pounds is about right for an average specimen, they will walk upright when crossing open areas and it was headed for the forest which makes sense if it was an Orang, as they are arboreal. The feet are unlike humans (and bigfoot casts for that matter) but I saw no pictures of the prints for comparison.

BTW, there are close up pictures of a "Skunk Ape" in Florida a few years ago that was almost certainly an escaped Orang. You can find them on this site.

We know Orang Utans ... even the kids knows Orang Utans ... Orang Utan tracks are very easily recognised ... even the kids can tell ...
and the Wildlife Department here are very familiar with Orang Utans ... and their tracks

`

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostRafterman, on 18 June 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

100kg?  That's about 220lbs, right?

Kind of on the smallish side for Bigfoot isn't it?

Yes, but its feet could still be above average, lol.

#24    TheGreatBeliever

TheGreatBeliever

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

• My god its almost year end again!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Could be a footprint of a big caucasian hiker. Some caucasians can weigh more than 100kg.

#25    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

I think it was Third_Eye using big strapped-on feet.

#26    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,036 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 June 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I think it was Third_Eye using big strapped-on feet.

Hmmmm I hardly weigh that much, unless ... I'm carrying you ... :lol:

`

'

#27    bigjonalien

bigjonalien

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

It  was a hobbit!

#28    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

It was Bigshow of WWE.

#29    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

that is the only one of the so-called bigfoots that is small in stature (4 foot tall)
If we observe the big-foot of different places coincide with the size of the local people living their, Malaysian people i believe are not too big, and those seen in other parts of the world are different, it looks fishy,they are not seen everytime, and not everywhere, may be these creature goes to hibernate.
Yeti too are different, those seen in himalayan regions, people living their have an average height of "5-7" inch and when people describe Yeti it is always, huge, and slow, white furs, and i don't think people living their could have a mechanism to build a suit let alone have a person of that size to wear one. So that theory too doesn't support the idea of being a fake , hoax.
These regional people's at least for once in their life time needs to chase this creature and put their fear aside and find the truth out.
If i was paid for this kind of job especially about the truth about bigfoot, i could bring something conclusive, to put the myth aside and bring in the fact.
Still it is a terrifying feeling, just thinking being near it, let alone chase it.

#30    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Their is a folklore i once hear, that these creature, are deities and comes out only during a specific year of the time, and they are seen only in jungle,forest, not in urban or rural ares,and people also believe, in those natural serenity and peaceful environment resides dieties and they come in one of their form which looks like bigfoot , and their are tales in our places, when people goes to hike in those jungles and forests, people creating too much noice and havoc,are vanished within the group and their body not being found everagain, their are also cases when a person venture's alone,these deities playing tricks with their mind and fellow even groups being lost.
So people always offer prayer before venturing deep in the forest.
These tales has turned off the idea of hiking in my mind.

Those are different things, but i think if bigfoots are to be discovered, the people need to make good use of motion-sensors camera's and be placed in strategic location of the forests and jungle only during the specific time of the year.
Their has not been a case where these creatures have harmed a human.
They are alway captured in video when people aren't around.
Its like a bear's nose which is hundred time amplified then human, it could be they h' a sense in their mind which tells them no one is around.
Its really hard to put together fact and fiction from myth and tales,,,,
I think its better off to not touch or delve in that agruement, and to find the truth.

Edited by soulcaliber, 22 June 2013 - 05:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users