Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reoccurring paranormal dreams?

xxibonihs

So every time I sleep over at my dads house, I'll have these really weird dreams about demons or ghosts and I'll always feel fear in my dream, like whatever it is is going to hurt me. They started about a year ago, towards the end of my stay at his house, being as I used to live with him. They didn't happen every night, more like every 2 or three days until I moved out. I slept in what used to be my grandparents room, my grandfather died and my grandmother was at the time, in a home. I had a dream there was a ghost or a presence somewhere near me, that wanted to hurt me or didn't have good intentions. I won't go into detail because this would turn very long, but I had these dreams which took place in every room of his house except for my room oddly.

So after I moved out the dreams stopped; I think in all I had 6.

Last week, my grandmother passed away so I had to sleep at my dads just to be there early enough for the viewing the next morning. I was talking on the phone with my boyfriend before bed, in my room, when all of a sudden he gets super freaked out. He tells me he heard this weird screeching sound which freaked us both out, being as we were both alone in our rooms... In the dark. So I relocate to my brothers room being as he wasn't home that night and decide to sleep there. After hours of trying to sleep, I get all sweaty and nauseous which causes me to stay up until like 4 am which at that time I finally fall asleep.

Now, after not sleeping there in so long, every night at my house I have normal dreams, but that night my dream went like so (shorter version):

I was in my dads garage in the basement hiding behind a coat hanger with a long shall hanging over it, and about 12-14 demons are huddled in a circle mumbling about something evil I'm guessing, I think they were speaking in another language. All of a sudden they all go quiet and one turns towards where I'm hiding and slowly starts advancing on me. He thinks I don't notice but somehow I'm able to feel his intent which is to obviously harm me and I'm feeling fear once again, so I bolt out of the room and they just watch me go. They don't follow me and I'm catching my breathe when I wake up, really tired might I add. I completely forgot I had the dream until walking into the garage later that morning thinking "Oh my god".

I don't know what to make of this dream or the other ones which all involve ghosts, a presence and now a demon. Are my dreams trying to tell me something or what? It kinda freaks me out, so much that I couldn't stay there the next night in anxiousness that I would have another dream like that. Anyone have a dream interpretation they can lay upon me?.. Any input would be nice. Symbolism or a similar dream sequence would be helpful.

Hi there xxibonihs, welcome to UM.

I've had plenty of recurring dreams from as far back as I can remember. I have come to understand that the recurrence of them usually indicates an unresolved matter - whether it is something you are conscious of or not.

Having a presence in your dream(s) is not always indicative they relate to a person, as the presence may symbolise just about anything. It is your general feeling about this presence that is more important than it being a presence. If you feel uneasy, then this might symbolise there is something you might be dealing with that makes you (or made you) uncomfortable - or maybe that you think you've made a mistake. Something along those lines.

If your feeling is fear, that doesn't mean someone wants to hurt you, only that you might be facing something you are afraid of.

I would suggest the ghostly presence and the demonic presences you dreamt of seem to comply with the latter.

So, maybe something you are afraid of dealing with, and it is still unresolved?

• Like 1

Well I recently discovered my parents both have/had a drug problem. At that time it was just my mom who I found out was using, but my dreams were only occurring at my dads house (his house is the only place I have these dreams). She stopped 4 months ago, and around that time is when I found out my dad was also using. Maybe that's the problem I'm scared of?.. I confronted my mom about it bu haven't had the chance to tell my dad off really. Besides that I don't really know what it could be.

Well I recently discovered my parents both have/had a drug problem. At that time it was just my mom who I found out was using, but my dreams were only occurring at my dads house (his house is the only place I have these dreams). She stopped 4 months ago, and around that time is when I found out my dad was also using. Maybe that's the problem I'm scared of?.. I confronted my mom about it bu haven't had the chance to tell my dad off really. Besides that I don't really know what it could be.

That could be the issue your dreams are about (and it's brave of you to be willing to talk with them about it.) I would only be guessing as to the specifics though - that would have to come from within you.

Where the dreams occur isn't so important, I think. It's what they symbolise that matters.

I also want to point out that I have no qualifications in psychology etc, and my musings on what your dream might symbolise are just that. If you wish to take those musings and reason for yourself what your dreams might actually mean - how they relate to your life at present - then please do so while recognising I neither favour nor promote any interpretation over any other.

Edited by Leonardo