Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

kangaroo update

csheff

here is the update, correct this time, from the Henry Vilas zoo in madison where the animal is being held....sorry i kept messing up my post attempts....i'm new.

Information on Rescued Kangaroo 1-07-05

Henry Vilas Zoo staff was contacted by the Iowa County Sheriff's Department late Monday evening, January 3, concerning the possibility of an escaped Kangaroo. The animal was located by the Sheriff's Department Wednesday morning. A recovery team from the Zoo was sent to Dodgeville that morning. The Kangaroo willingly entered a transport crate and was brought to our quarantine facility at the Zoo.

The red Kangaroo is believed to be a male, approximately four years old, about 130 pounds. He will stay in quarantine for at least thirty days. Preliminary medical evaluations will be completed by the Zoo Veterinarian. If ownership is not determined, the Kangaroo may stay at Henry Vilas or be sent to another AZA accredited zoo.

Edited by csheff

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• csheff

• DarkSide

• Apocalyptic Cryptid

• Canadian Rottweiler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any links to the story? Don't think its been the first time an animal escaped from the zoo. tongue.gif

The site to check is www.cnn.com and type in "kangaroo"...also the henry vilas zoo has him on the front page of thier site. And no, this would by no means be the first time an animal escaped from a zoo, but as one can read (and I use the book "Unexplained! "by Jerome Clark as an example...there have been many, many sightings (and photos) of Kangaroos in the midwest in the past 100 years....ESPECIALLY in wisconsin....including police officer witnesses.

Oh mann my freind was right she was telling the class about some kangaroo it like a western state where kangaroos should not be... we all laughed at her and was like right....she is a litle gullable in the first place so thats why we kinda didnt beleive her

she was right. So might be the "giant black panther"reports we so often hear about....or big critters in the sea. For me, it is so nice of the sheriffs department to have been so efficient and humane in helping keep these possibities open to scientists who otherwise might be inclined to dismiss such unpopular "convention wisdom forbids" items. I never said there was proof of a breeding population, but with 100 years of sightings, and a captured in-zoo kangaroo, at least the possibilty remains valid.

she was right. So might be the "giant black panther"reports we so often hear about....or big critters in the sea. For me, it is so nice of the sheriffs department to have been so efficient and humane in helping keep these possibities open to scientists who otherwise might be inclined to dismiss such unpopular "convention wisdom forbids" items. I never said there was proof of a breeding population, but with 100 years of sightings, and a captured in-zoo kangaroo, at least the possibilty remains valid.

450054[/snapback]

post-10180-1105841047.jpg